Time to Crank Up the Drama

Let us get to know you!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Time to Crank Up the Drama

Postby BlueSpark » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Ohhh man I love the Romeo x Juliet OP. Goosebumps every time, I gotta finish that show too. I may be biased towards the Japanese one because of the way she hits the high note during the final chorus. Something about the passion she gives in that song brings me to the brink of tears almost every time. The English version is great too though, very moving.
The main reason for my liking the Japanese song is how 'soft' her voice sounds right at the beginning of the verse. When I rewatched the series (probably about 2 years ago by now), it instantly hit me - the moment the OP started, it felt like silk in my ears (No, I've never actually tried stuffing silk in there :P, but I think it's an apt analogy). It carries emotion very well, too (which is unfortunately hampered by me not understanding the words, which brings us back to my general preference of English songs).

Crash Kamio wrote:Brighter than the dawning Blue OP "Prelude, We Are Not Alone"
Air TV OP "Tori no Uta"
Clannad After Story OP "Toki wo Kizamu Uta"
Is the Order a Rabbit ED2 "Tokimeki Poporon"
K-On!! OP "Go Go Maniac"
Little Busters OP and ED "Little Busters" and "Alicemagic"
Madoka Magica ED (the first one used) "Mata Ashita"
New Game OP not sure of he title.
Sunday Without God ED (another song that wrecks me) also not sure of the title
Tanaka Kun is Always Listless OP "Utatane Sunshine"
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya OP2 "Super Driver)
Anohana OP and ED "Aoi Shiori" and "Secret Base" (hype for the dub!)
School Live OP (Friend Shinji? I think it's called, also hype for the dub)
Bludgeoning Angel OP in all of its absolute bonkers glory!
I'm also a fan of the Clannad After Story opening, The first Little Busters! opening and both anohana songs. And dang, how could I forget to mention "Super Driver" (Cristina Vee's version)? We talked about that one somewhere earlier in this thread, I think. It always gets me pumped, and the lyrics are spot-on in reflecting Haruhi's ecentric view of the world.

Crash Kamio wrote:Speaking of Ouran, have you heard Vic Mignognas version of Shissou, the Ouran ED? It beats the original Japanese and English version done by whoever did it originally in English for the official release.
Well, thanks to your recommendation, I did check it out. I don't think I've ever heard Vic sing more than a line or two, but he's obviously quite good at it. Thumbs up from me :). Although it's probably been about 10 years since I watched the anime, so I don't remember what the original ED sounded like.

I just finished reading The Eden of Grisaia this week - an intriguing and appropriate (if at times very surprising) finale to a great franchise. Now I've finally got time to watch some anime again (It's my personal policy to never watch/read two series/visual novels at the same time) ;). On that note, I'm curious: Have you continued Katawa Shoujo?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 pm

BlueSpark wrote:The main reason for my liking the Japanese song is how 'soft' her voice sounds right at the beginning of the verse. When I rewatched the series (probably about 2 years ago by now), it instantly hit me - the moment the OP started, it felt like silk in my ears (No, I've never actually tried stuffing silk in there :P, but I think it's an apt analogy). It carries emotion very well, too (which is unfortunately hampered by me not understanding the words, which brings us back to my general preference of English songs).

Hahaha yeah that's a good analogy! Her voice does suit the song to a tee. Definetly wish I could understand the Japanese. I do to an extent cause we have the English version but still, I know what you mean. Kinda random but did you know that OP is a cover? I stared watching the show awhile back,then the next day at work I heard the original and it just clicked. The meaning behind the lyrics and everything, guess that helped me a bit it's understanding the words a bit. But hearing it in English helps emmensely so no denying that.

BlueSpark wrote:I'm also a fan of the Clannad After Story opening, The first Little Busters! opening and both anohana songs. And dang, how could I forget to mention "Super Driver" (Cristina Vee's version)? We talked about that one somewhere earlier in this thread, I think. It always gets me pumped, and the lyrics are spot-on in reflecting ecentric view of the world.

Yeah I love all those songs, so great. Especially Anohana, those songs are amazing. And yeah Super Driver is fantastic, so high energy, and fun. And yeah the lyrics do reflect her world view.. never thought of that for some reason. It's definitely suits to her well, the lyrics suit her and the music Is as high energy As she is!

Crash Kamio wrote:Well, thanks to your recommendation, I did check it out. I don't think I've ever heard Vic sing more than a line or two, but he's obviously quite good at it. Thumbs up from me :). Although it's probably been about 10 years since I watched the anime, so I don't remember what the original ED sounded like.

I just finished reading The Eden of Grisaia this week - an intriguing and appropriate (if at times very surprising) finale to a great franchise. Now I've finally got time to watch some anime again (It's my personal policy to never watch/read two series/visual novels at the same time) ;). On that note, I'm curious: Have you continued Katawa Shoujo?

Yeah he's a fantastic singer, I wouldn't mind if he did more singing in the future, he has great pitch and tone. 3 glad you enjoyed it.

Oh man Grisaia, I've been wanting to read that for awhile. Gotta spend the $40 on steam to read it. Did you see the anime? I forget. And sadly I haven't, life has been hectic since I downloaded I and haven't hadn't time to get to it. I was thinking earlier this week about it so I'll be on it soon!

Oh also random and slightly off topic, but you'll be happy to know I mentioned in passing about he School Live dub in my last post. Our girl Brittney Karbowski is the lead, Yuki in the dub coming out next month. :D HHYYYPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/05/19/sentai-filmworks-announces-school-live-english

Be wary of checking out clips if you don't know what the series is about,kinda spoilery, but Luci Christian is in it, Stephanie Wittel and Monica Rials sister, Natalie is in it.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon May 22, 2017 5:12 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Kinda random but did you know that OP is a cover? I stared watching the show awhile back,then the next day at work I heard the original and it just clicked.
Well, I never did research which version of the song was the original. So is it Lena Park's, or is there another version of the song out there?

Crash Kamio wrote:Oh man Grisaia, I've been wanting to read that for awhile. Gotta spend the $40 on steam to read it. Did you see the anime? I forget.
Nah, I haven't watched the anime - no dub ;). But from what I'm hearing, it wasn't too well received anyway (not that I blindly take other people's word for it, but still). As an almost-non-manga-or-VN-reader, I always used to roll my eyes a bit when I heard people claim "This anime sucks, the source material is way better!". But having experienced the magnificence of The Fruit of Grisaia, I can actually kind of see it for myself - at least I have a hard time believing that a 13-episode series could ever do this amazing visual novel justice.
I'm glad you're interested in giving it a go yourself, but make sure you know what you're getting into - it's easily an 80-100 hour ride (120 for me) if you want to complete all the routes.

Crash Kamio wrote:Oh also random and slightly off topic, but you'll be happy to know I mentioned in passing about he School Live dub in my last post. Our girl Brittney Karbowski is the lead, Yuki in the dub coming out next month. :D HHYYYPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!
[...]
Be wary of checking out clips if you don't know what the series is about,kinda spoilery
Heck yeah! There can never be too much Brittney in my anime :). 'Unfortunately' I already know all about the first big twist in the series, not from clips (I don't think I've ever watched clips or trailers of an anime series before getting into it) but from several podcasts. It's fine, though, since it happens so early on. I haven't been spoiled on any of the later events in the show.

On the topic of dub roles, a quick aside: I've started watching The Asterisk War this weekend. Kind of like a mix between Sword Art Online and Infinite Stratos in my mind, and so far, I'm liking it equally much (which means enjoyable, but mostly mindless entertainment). In this series, there's a childhood friend character named Saya who is voiced by Sarah Williams, and she's best girl of the show for me... I'm getting strange flachbacks to A Lull in the Sea here :D.

Oh, and I didn't know Monica Rial had a sister who also does voice-acting - that's a fun little tidbit of info. I'm looking forward to hearing her perform.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed May 24, 2017 11:13 am

BlueSpark wrote:Well, I never did research which version of the song was the original. So is it Lena Park's, or is there another version of the song out there?

Yeah there's another version, I think it was Josh Groben who did it first. I'm not a fan of his version much, the Japanese and Lena Park version of that song are 20x better, so much more emotion and feeling behind it, and the instrumentation is more interesting as well. Just some fun trivia I found out while at work one day.

BlueSpark wrote:Nah, I haven't watched the anime - no dub ;). But from what I'm hearing, it wasn't too well received anyway (not that I blindly take other people's word for it, but still). As an almost-non-manga-or-VN-reader, I always used to roll my eyes a bit when I heard people claim "This anime sucks, the source material is way better!". But having experienced the magnificence of The Fruit of Grisaia, I can actually kind of see it for myself - at least I have a hard time believing that a 13-episode series could ever do this amazing visual novel justice.
I'm glad you're interested in giving it a go yourself, but make sure you know what you're getting into - it's easily an 80-100 hour ride (120 for me) if you want to complete all the routes.

Yeah its not well received. I imagine if you've read the novel the anime won't be that great. I haven't noticed much pacing issues so far, asides from some fast pacing during the last episode of Micherus arc, which is as far as I got so far. But with a story that long I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff I haven't seen.

Man that's a long story, itll be worth it I'm sure but I'm definitely gonna give it a go whenever money allows me to buy it. Cause I'm curious, whats your have a favorite arc in Grisaia?

BlueSpark wrote:Heck yeah! There can never be too much Brittney in my anime :). 'Unfortunately' I already know all about the first big twist in the series, not from clips (I don't think I've ever watched clips or trailers of an anime series before getting into it) but from several podcasts. It's fine, though, since it happens so early on. I haven't been spoiled on any of the later events in the show.

On the topic of dub roles, a quick aside: I've started watching The Asterisk War this weekend. Kind of like a mix between Sword Art Online and Infinite Stratos in my mind, and so far, I'm liking it equally much (which means enjoyable, but mostly mindless entertainment). In this series, there's a childhood friend character named Saya who is voiced by Sarah Williams, and she's best girl of the show for me... I'm getting strange flachbacks to A Lull in the Sea here :D.

Oh, and I didn't know Monica Rial had a sister who also does voice-acting - that's a fun little tidbit of info. I'm looking forward to hearing her perform.

Yeah she's amazing, always happy to see her land a role. Especially with a show like School Live, very happy for her! And that's good you're not spoiled on the later events of the show. It is kinda hard to avoid the first major twist, I was spoiled in the synopsis on Crunchyroll.

Ohh nice, always good to know what's Sarah Williams has been in. I've heard Asterisk War is kinda mindless, I'll have to watch it for Sarah Williams if I get the chance! I always love hearing her in shows.

Yeah I had no idea either. I didn't even put two and two together until it came up on a Monica Rial fanpage I'm a part of. I'm not sure but it may be her first role, I'd need to confirm that one. Can't wait to hear her! I'm sure she's great, she does have an extremely talented sister who I imagine helped her out a bit.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Cause I'm curious, whats your have a favorite arc in Grisaia?
That would have to be Michiru's, hands down. In my opinion, Sachi's and Amane's routes have the most beautiful, touching (good) endings, but Michiru's story felt so intriguing to experience for me - especially since she's probably the character whose 'core personality' contrasts the most with how she behaves in front of others. Because of that, seeing her tsundere shell break was even more intriguing to me than it usually is with other characters of this archetype.

Also, her route contained my favorite scene in all of The Fruit of Grisaia. It's right before the end, and even though it was not exactly a melodramatic tearjerker scene, I teared up over and over again ::terrible::. I'm not even sure why, myself... It just grabbed me so hard. Since I don't know whether the anime shows that part, and because you're planning to read the VN for yourself, I won't spoil it.

Crash Kamio wrote:Ohh nice, always good to know what's Sarah Williams has been in. I've heard Asterisk War is kinda mindless, I'll have to watch it for Sarah Williams if I get the chance! I always love hearing her in shows.
For sure. Her Saya in the series even has the same 'young voice' pitch as Saya in A Lull in the Sea - the parallels are almost uncanny :P. In Asterisk, though, she assumes the childhood friend role. Andrew would probably be furious (I expect he and Chris have already reviewed the series, but I'm not caught up on the podcast episodes).

By the way, I started watching Fuuka yesterday - so good X)! I'm at the halfway point now (episode 6), and there have been so many sweet, touching moments already... It soothes my heart :]. I'm getting vibes from both Nana and Suzuka, with Fuuka's personality taking a bit of a page out of Haruhi Suzumiya's book - and that's besides the fact that all 4 of these shows are named after their main female characters :D. I'm hoping the anime keeps up its pace. If it does, it could end up ranking among my favorites.

Oh, and I agree with you: Fuuka pulls off that short hair like a pro 8-).
Last edited by BlueSpark on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed May 31, 2017 10:00 am

BlueSpark wrote:That would have to be Michiru's, hands down. In my opinion, Sachi's and Amane's routes have the most beautiful, touching (good) endings, but Michiru's story felt so intriguing to experience for me - especially since she's probably the character whose 'core personality' contrasts the most with how she behaves in front of others. Because of that, seeing her tsundere shell break was even more intriguing to me than it usually is with other characters of this archetype.

Also, her route contained my favorite scene in all of The Fruit of Grisaia. It's right before the end, and even though it was not exactly a melodramatic tearjerker scene, I teared up over and over again ::terrible::. I'm not even sure why, myself... It just grabbed me so hard. Since I don't know whether the anime shows that part, and because you're planning to read the VN for yourself, I won't spoil it.

Its noticed when I hear people talk Grisaia they always mention her route being the best. From what little I've seen (since I've heard the anime only scratches the surface of it from what I'm hearing) her route is very interesting and a bit odd, which I really like. I'm curious what more there is to her and the other characters. Surface level they seem pretty deep and great charecters.

BlueSpark wrote:For sure. Her Saya in the series even has the same 'young voice' pitch as Saya in A Lull in the Sea - the parallels are almost uncanny :P. In Asterisk, though, she assumes the childhood friend role. Andrew would probably be furious (I expect he and Chris have already reviewed the series, but I'm not caught up on the podcast episodes).

By the way, I started watching Fuuka yesterday - so good X)! I'm at the halfway point now (episode 6), and there have been so many sweet, touching moments already... It soothes my heart :]. I'm getting vibes from both Nana and Suzuka, with Fuuka's personality taking a bit of a page out of Haruhi Suzumiya's book - and that's besides the fact that all 4 of these shows are named after their main female characters :D. I'm hoping the anime keeps up its pace. If it does, it could end up ranking among my favorites.

Oh, and I agree with you: Fuuka pulls off that short hair like a pro 8-).

I can hear her already with that voice you described! I think they have reviewed the series but I forget details cause it's been awhile since I've listened to it.

Woooo glad you're enjoying Fuuka! It's funny you mention Suzuka, Fuuka is in a way a sequel to Suzuka, which I gotta watch. I'm eyeballing that DVD that funimation is selling like crazy!

I gotta rewatch Fuuka to be honest. I loved it first time through, then I started reading the manga which has become one of my top 2 favorites of all time. It made me slightly disenchanted by the anime, seeing what it could have been. Don't get be wrong I still really like the show. What it does, it does great. The charecters are still loveable, the Drama and romance hit me just right, and the differences I welcome, unlike many but hey, to each their own. Even though the manga may be a bit more original, the anime does good and it's a slightly different take on the story with the same charecters.

The manga has become something like Anohana for me, it hits me in such a personal way, every time I read it I get sucked into it more than a lot of stuff I read. Which may be why my view of the anime got slightly skewed. But regardless the anime is good, just different, which is cool. It's fun comparing and enjoying both for different reasons! Thats one of the reasons I don't mind when an anime strays from the manga or source material a bit. We get different stories, which can be good, or bad depending on who you are and what your taste is and outlook on going original. In Fuukas case, even though I like the manga more, I do like the anime for different reasons than I love the manga. Sorry for the tangent. I've been sitting on these thoughts for so long! But again don't get me wrong, the anime is good by me! I've been up And down about the anime for awhile, but ultimately decided to celebrate the differences rather than harp on them. No sense in getting caught up in them, a good story is a good story, regardless of its differences in the source. Now I have two stories I like and one that's still on going and incredibly good and consistent.

And absolutely, Fuuka is a total babe with her hair. It suits her sooooooo beautifully. Easily one of the most beautiful characters ever. Personality and looks. Speaking of I can kinda see the comparison you made to Haruhi. She's out going, always wanting to do something, a bit sporadic and eccentric. To a less degree obviously but the comparison is totally there. I also gotta get going on Nana. I watched the first episode ages ago and never went back for some reason despite liking it.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:12 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Its noticed when I hear people talk Grisaia they always mention her route being the best.
Yeah, I believe she might be the most popular of Grisaia's heroines. But in the tons of reviews (and some Reddit discussions) I read after finishing the first VN, there were fervent fans of each of the girls. One can most definitely argue that Michiru's is the most 'odd' route of them all, which has led to complaints by some reviewers (which I find largely unfounded, but whatever).

Crash Kamio wrote:Surface level they seem pretty deep and great charecters.
Oh, believe me: "Don't judge a book by its cover" is the primary lesson The Fruit of Grisaia conveys. You're going to be in for a treat, I assure you :).

Crash Kamio wrote:It's funny you mention Suzuka, Fuuka is in a way a sequel to Suzuka, which I gotta watch. I'm eyeballing that DVD that funimation is selling like crazy!
I only found out about this after finishing the series (which is when I usually dive into reviews to check out what other people thought about it). I'm still having a very hard time considering it a "sequel," though, since it's focused on a completely different set of characters and an entirely new storyline. Either way, if I end up rewatching Suzuka at some point, I'll have to look out for signs of overlap.

I have to say, though, I found Fuuka to be much more agreeable personality-wise than Suzuka. You'll probably understand what I'm saying if you can eventually get a hold of that DVD ;).

I can perfectly imagine the manga iteration of Fuuka telling a complelling story in its own right. However, as it stands, I'm just not interested enough in manga to warrant going out of my way for it. So I suggest you keep it up and have enough fun for the both of us :P.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am

BlueSpark wrote:Yeah, I believe she might be the most popular of Grisaia's heroines. But in the tons of reviews (and some Reddit discussions) I read after finishing the first VN, there were fervent fans of each of the girls. One can most definitely argue that Michiru's is the most 'odd' route of them all, which has led to complaints by some reviewers (which I find largely unfounded, but whatever).

Yeah she seems to have a nice following, but I'm sure they all have their fans. They're all good charecters and seem loveable, she just seems to have the most going on from what I've seen of her content. Very odd that's for sure, not sure why people would complain about it but ehh. Nothing wrong with odd in my book, always nice to see things get mind bendy every once in awhile.

BlueSpark wrote:Oh, believe me: "Don't judge a book by its cover" is the primary lesson The Fruit of Grisaia conveys. You're going to be in for a treat, I assure you :)..

Ohh sweet. You got me more interested in it now. I like it when shows or novels do that sort of thing. You see something surface level then you dig in a bit, and it's not what you think.

BlueSpark wrote:I only found out about this after finishing the series (which is when I usually dive into reviews to check out what other people thought about it). I'm still having a very hard time considering it a "sequel," though, since it's focused on a completely different set of characters and an entirely new storyline. Either way, if I end up rewatching Suzuka at some point, I'll have to look out for signs of overlap.

I have to say, though, I found Fuuka to be much more agreeable personality-wise than Suzuka. You'll probably understand what I'm saying if you can eventually get a hold of that DVD ;).

I can perfectly imagine the manga iteration of Fuuka telling a complelling story in its own right. However, as it stands, I'm just not interested enough in manga to warrant going out of my way for it. So I suggest you keep it up and have enough fun for the both of us :P.

Yeah from what I've gathered it's not a true sequal. I've just seen Fuuka labelled as that, despite it being labelled as a sequal I just say they're in the same universe and are their own stories.

I'll probably see what you mean, we seem to be on the same page with charecters for the most part. Fuuka is just a delight of a character. So happy, out going, motivated and passionate about what she does. She's fun to watch! I think she's leaked her way into my top 10 favorite characters.

And that's understandable. Just wanted to mention my comparisons between the two for some reason. With what you've seen of the anime (although many would disagree with me) is good enough for the universe, and the differences don't hurt it for me personally. You got a pretty conclusive story with great drama, romance and charecters. The anime is great! The mangas there if you want the world expanded upon. If not ehh no harm in not reading it! By the way how did you like the dub of Fuuka? I need to watch it.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:54 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Very odd that's for sure, not sure why people would complain about it but ehh. Nothing wrong with odd in my book, always nice to see things get mind bendy every once in awhile.
I suppose the problem for certain people is that, while some of the things going on in Grisaia may seem pretty far-fetched, the entire story is still grounded in reality, meaning that it could happen in our world. Michiru's route is the only one that's different in this regard as there's a certain element to it that would classify as supernatural, strictly speaking. Personally, I think it enhanced the story (much like the sprinkles of supernatural added to Kanon and Clannad), but apparently some folks disagree. Well, there's no pleasing everybody.

Crash Kamio wrote:Fuuka is just a delight of a character. So happy, out going, motivated and passionate about what she does. She's fun to watch!
I'm 100% with you. She's an extremely likeable gal. Not as obnoxious as Haruhi, not as cold as Suzuka (I hope you don't consider my saying that a spoiler :P). Although what I read in a review the other day really baffled me: The writer claimed that the manga version of Fuuka was an "energetic, free-spirited girl" while her anime counterpart was a "typical tsundere." I couldn't disagree more on the latter statement - I very much perceived her as energetic and free-spirited with very little in the way of tsundere characteristics. I'm still curious, though: Since you've experienced both sides, do you find there to be a difference in Fuuka's personality from one medium to the other?

Crash Kamio wrote:By the way how did you like the dub of Fuuka?
Well, that's a virtually fruitless question to ask me, frankly speaking ;). I can confidently say that I enjoy practically all English anime dubs to a more or less equal extent; there have been very few minor exceptions to that rule.

For a dub to thoroughly impress me, it would have to do something pretty amazing - like Steins Gate's ridiculous gamut of vocabulary or Kodocha's Laura Bailey who seamlessly switches from hyperactive to sweet and calm at the drop of a hat. That's not an experience I had with Fuuka, but I didn't have any problems with it, either. Basically, it was a dub I could appreciate perfectly fine ^_^.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 am

BlueSpark wrote:I suppose the problem for certain people is that, while some of the things going on in Grisaia may seem pretty far-fetched, the entire story is still grounded in reality, meaning that it could happen in our world. Michiru's route is the only one that's different in this regard as there's a certain element to it that would classify as supernatural, strictly speaking. Personally, I think it enhanced the story (much like the sprinkles of supernatural added to Kanon and Clannad), but apparently some folks disagree. Well, there's no pleasing everybody.

That makes sense, but yeah there's no pleasing everybody, like with everything there's people who dislike it. But I'm with you I love the slight elements of "supernatural". Makes it a bit more interesting and stand out from the rest of the crowd. Regardless whether people think it's good or bad people seem to take notice of that difference, which I take as a good thing.

BlueSpark wrote:I'm 100% with you. She's an extremely likeable gal. Not as obnoxious as Haruhi, not as cold as Suzuka (I hope you don't consider my saying that a spoiler :P). Although what I read in a review the other day really baffled me: The writer claimed that the manga version of Fuuka was an "energetic, free-spirited girl" while her anime counterpart was a "typical tsundere." I couldn't disagree more on the latter statement - I very much perceived her as energetic and free-spirited with very little in the way of tsundere characteristics. I'm still curious, though: Since you've experienced both sides, do you find there to be a difference in Fuuka's personality from one medium to the other?

That's no spoiler no worry! She's like the less eccentric side of Haruhi, very outgoing. As for her being a typical tsundere in the anime, I didn't get that at all either. You could argue there's a slight tsundere to her in the first episode.
Fuuka episode 1 spoiler
Spoiler:
Where Yuu accidentally sees her panties and she breaks his phone, then when she sees him taking a picture with his replacement phone she thinks she's doing it again and throws his phone off the roof.

But even then that's just her getting mad at him for a misunderstanding. I think most women would get mad like that if they were in that situation. So I don't really get her being a tsundere in the anime. In the manga she's practically the same charecter as she is in the anime, if anything shes a bit more fleshed out in the manga and you come to understand her more. But regardless what you get in the anime is a good representation of her.

BlueSpark wrote:Well, that's a virtually fruitless question to ask me, frankly speaking ;). I can confidently say that I enjoy practically all English anime dubs to a more or less equal extent; there have been very few minor exceptions to that rule.

For a dub to thoroughly impress me, it would have to do something pretty amazing - like Steins Gate's ridiculous gamut of vocabulary or Kodocha's Laura Bailey who seamlessly switches from hyperactive to sweet and calm at the drop of a hat. That's not an experience I had with Fuuka, but I didn't have any problems with it, either. Basically, it was a dub I could appreciate perfectly fine ^_^.

Nice, I figured you liked it. Had to ask cause I wasn't sure if it would end up being a lukewarm dub or something. I definitely want to hear it, I'm sure it's great! I also have to watch Kodocha, that reminded me I saw a preview for the dub on one of my dvds and it looks great. Laura Bailey is really talented! I wish she'd do more anime but she's all about the video games now it seems. The only exception was her doing one of the Pretty Cure series, Glitter Force.