Hello Everybody

Let us get to know you!
BlackShinobi956
I Like Anime

Hello Everybody

Postby BlackShinobi956 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:08 am

I've been watching anime on and off for most of my life, but now I'm starting to get into it more lately, so I decided to join a forum. This is my first forum ever! Excited to have deep philosophic conversations with all of you!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Re: Hello Everybody

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 am

Heya BlackShinobi,

Welcome aboard. I'm in the same boat as you (to continue the metaphor), having joined Otaku Spirit as my first anime forum ever despite watching Japanese cartoons for at least 13 years now.

I can't say with certainty that you'll find apt conversation partners for profound philosophical debates among us, but at the very least, we're a friendly bunch of anime fans with a diverse set of opinions and preferences. So the groundwork for intriguing discussions is there.

As customary, I'll grace you - as a new forum member - with a unique question: Do you prefer fight scenes with melee weapons, with guns / projectile weapons, with magic / supernatural abilities, or no fight scenes at all?

Hope you have a good time getting to know everyone and inserting your wisdom where applicable :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Fullmetal-Senpai
I Bleed Anime

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:55 am

A deep philosophic conversation huh... Can't say I've had one for a while, but I want to.
Anyway welcome to the forums we're not so bad.

Here's your lightning round, just like everyone else

If you could make an original spin off who would it follow, what and where would it happen?

Name an anime character you absolutely hate

You get to have a harem of [6] anime characters of your choice, who do you choose?

In your opinion, what makes a good anime

Is there an anime you wish was more popular?

Name a popular anime you hate

Best op/Ed?

What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?

Best mascot

Fastest dropped show? How far?

Hope to see you around
Join the WWWcast discord!
Join us here
Spoiler:
https://discord.gg/gU4VJjC

http://myanimelist.net/profile/beazleboss

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:37 am

Welcome to the forum :)

Are there any type of, or genre of anime that you tend to avoid?
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

BlackShinobi956
I Like Anime

Postby BlackShinobi956 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Heya BlackShinobi,

Welcome aboard. I'm in the same boat as you (to continue the metaphor), having joined Otaku Spirit as my first anime forum ever despite watching Japanese cartoons for at least 13 years now.

I can't say with certainty that you'll find apt conversation partners for profound philosophical debates among us, but at the very least, we're a friendly bunch of anime fans with a diverse set of opinions and preferences. So the groundwork for intriguing discussions is there.

As customary, I'll grace you - as a new forum member - with a unique question: Do you prefer fight scenes with melee weapons, with guns / projectile weapons, with magic / supernatural abilities, or no fight scenes at all?

Hope you have a good time getting to know everyone and inserting your wisdom where applicable :).

Wow...great question! I always tend to lean towards anime with fight sceens involving melee weapons. Samurai Champloo is one of favorites! But some of my favorite fight scenes are in Yu Yu Hakusho so I'm going to with supernatural abilities! Team Hiei for life! ::peace::

I am trying to get a bit more variety in my anime library. Do you recommend any with no fight scenes???

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Welcome to the forums!

No fight scenes? How about Aria: The Animation, Flying Witch, Wolf Children, Hanesaku Iroha :)

Any of the new spring shows you are especially looking forward to?

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 pm

BlackShinobi956 wrote:I am trying to get a bit more variety in my anime library. Do you recommend any with no fight scenes???
You're about to open Pandora's box with that question ;). Action (along with mecha and adventure) is my least favorite genre in anime, so I tend to avoid shows which feature a lot of fighting. That doesn't mean I can't ask a new fellow forum member a question about it, though :P.

So yeah, I could easily recommend you 20-30 shows with zero (or virtually no) fight scenes. It just depends on whether you're open to watching drama and romance shows, which aren't everyone's cup of tea. My personal favorite anime is Ef - A Tale of Memories. Heaps of drama and manly tears ::terrible::. I also second Neko on Wolf Children - that one is actually my favorite anime movie.

If you'd like some more suggestions in the realm of drama, romance or comedy (or all of them), let me know. Not sure if our tastes overlap, but I'm certainly happy to point out some series that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey there Blackshinobi! Welcome to the forums, I know you'll love it here, lotsa great people here. :3 Anyway, do you read any manga? If so any favorites? Do you have a favorite animation studio? And who are some of your favorite charecters?

Looking forward to chatting with you more!
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums
::hi::

BlackShinobi956
I Like Anime

Postby BlackShinobi956 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:08 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:A deep philosophic conversation huh... Can't say I've had one for a while, but I want to.
Anyway welcome to the forums we're not so bad.

Here's your lightning round, just like everyone else

Alright, here we go :
If you could make an original spin off who would it follow, what and where would it happen?
My spinoff would be an idol anime that follows Bee from Naruto. After the ninja war is over, he decides to pursue his rap career by performing through out the ninja world. The would eventually become Empire - The anime.

Name an anime character you absolutely hate
Hmm...that's a tough one. I don't really have any characters that I hate. I really couldn't stand Subaru's decision making in Re:Zero so I guess it would have to be him.

You get to have a harem of [6] anime characters of your choice, who do you choose?
Yeah so, that is a tough one too...
1. Hinata from Naruto
2. Faye Valentine
3. Rem
4. Sailor Mars
5. Yuno
6. Haruko Haruhara

In your opinion, what makes a good anime
I think anime is good if it makes me feel something. As much as I love good voice acting and quality animation, it doesn't mean much if I have no feelings for the characters or the plot.

Is there an anime you wish was more popular?
I really wish I had more people to talk about Flowers of Evil with.
I love psychological anime

Name a popular anime you hate
I think I can safely say I will never enjoy Ouran Host Club

Best op/Ed?
This is one that changes frequently for me. i love music and never end up paying much attention to the animations that's happening during the scene
I'd say right now my favorite OP is from Dagonropa 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZaXnXuHPY

And my favorite ED is from Erased:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9NQbyNpwE
I really love music so if anyone wants to recommend anything please do!

What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
As much as I hate it I'm a bit arrogant so probably Naruto. Or Maybe even Bee.
In my free time I like to try to rhyme / It usually doesn't work so I give up and go twerk :D (That's a bar!)

Best mascot
Mewoth represents Team Rocket pretty well, but i'm going to go with Metapod...because harden

Fastest dropped show? How far?
Brother Conflict. Like 15 minutes in. Just wasn't my cup of tea