Just joined here

Let us get to know you!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Just joined here

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:00 am

Hey there,

Nice to see you've found your way onto our little ark of friendly anime fans :). That's meant half-jokingly, but people here really are generally friendly and tolerant, unlike certain other anime communities.

In terms of recommendations, I'm afraid action and sci-fi aren't up my alley. If you're willing to check out a romantic drama, I'll point your towards my favorite show of all time, ef - A Tale of Memories & Melodies. Lots of heartbreaking and heartwarming moments, although the setting is clearly grounded in reality.

I'm also going to second the recommendation of Steins;Gate by Logan, which is easily my favorite non-drama/romance/comedy anime out there (although it does feature minor elements of all the above genres).

Now, as for every new forum member, I will present you with a unique question derived from my RQG (random question generator): How do you prefer to watch anime - on a desktop PC, laptop or TV? I'm mostly a laptop watcher, laying down on my bed at night in a relaxing position :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 am

kihakik wrote:
I will gladly take the offer. I have a really weird taste. I really enjoy action, horror, psychological, fantasy and sci-fi, but have a hidden love for romance. In my opinion one of the best shows is Guilty Crown, because it had perfect contrast. The story was really dark and disturbing, but it only made the romance more empowering. I now have a feeling I am spoiled and can't fined anything that good and set my expectations too high.

While I haven't seen it personally, I think you should check out Parasyte -the maxim- since I feel like it hits all those genres :)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasyte-the-maxim-

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:48 pm

kihakik wrote:The only thing i would do, is give Re : Zero a proper ending, because the ending just came out of nowhere and the story was left unfinished.

Hello and welcome!

As someone who got into anime a little later in life, this was something I had to get used to as well. I grew up with games, movies, and american television, so I had always gotten fairly definitive ends to my stories. Not to scare you off or anything, but anime tends to have more open-ended endings because of ongoing source materials that are being released in Japan. You'll hear people talk about manga-bate a lot in the podcast and forums.

As for recomendations... I have a top 100 list I update here: http://otakuspirit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23&start=370

I have a wide variety of genres in the list. I've haven't been able to get to many of the classics quite yet, so most of them are fairly new. My personal recommendation just based on what I know so far is Knights of Sidonia. It's on Netflix. It's an action Sci-fi type of show. I think you'll like it.

Any questions? Just ask!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Questions for the road:

Sword, Lance, Bow, or Ax?

Favorite Game or Series?

Blonde, Red-Head, or Dark-Hair?

Dream Vacation?

::peace::

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:05 pm

ATM-senpai wrote: My personal recommendation just based on what I know so far is Knights of Sidonia.

Oh shizznit I can't believe I forgot about Knights of Sidonia. I can't second this recommendation enough. It has a much more different art style than most anime since it's completely CG but it's fantastic. I'd also recommend Ajin and the movie Blame! which are done by the same studio and also on Netflix.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 pm

For action and sci-fi, I must recommend Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. These are among the top for many people. I don't believe you'll be disappointed. If you want to see mecha action, The Big O and Full Metal Panic! are good choices.

kihakik
I Like Anime

Postby kihakik » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 am

[quote="

Questions for the road:

Sword, Lance, Bow, or Ax?

Favorite Game or Series?

Blonde, Red-Head, or Dark-Hair?

Dream Vacation?

::peace::[/quote]

Got to go with bow.

Hard to say I hop around different titles, but keep coming back to gmod and GTA.

I'd say blonde.

This might sound weird to you, but I'd love to go to the USA. Yes, I know I'm not American. I live in a small European country called Latvia. It's not really a beneficial place to live, since the small minimum wage 380 EUR monthly (290 after tax). So no licenced memorabilia for me. D:

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums Kihakik
::hi::
Hope you have a fun time here, hope you find the animes you're looking for, and can't wait to see you around, as for questions here's the following
1) What got you into anime?
2) Have you thought of keeping up with the season of anime??
Hope you have fun and again welcome to the forums