Ello :D

Let us get to know you!
SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Ello :D

Postby SemiBolt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Not good at introducing myself so I'll keep it short xD
Started listening to the podcast 2 weeks ago and I've been loving every episode so I decided to come here :D
I'm fairly new to anime as well, I've seen around 10 animes but are looking for some to watch :D

Ahnima
I Love Anime

Re: Ello :D

Postby Ahnima » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Welcome SemiBolt! Always great to have more and more people appreciating anime. I'm fairly new to these forums as well and so far so good. Everyone is welcoming and active which is great.

What are a few anime you've watched so far? Do you have a favorite?
Curious about what I watch? Check out my MAL!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ahnima

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 pm

I've seen
Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Death note, Bakuman, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ao Haru Ride, Sword Art online, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on titan, Madoka, Digimon and a few other that I forget xD Can't decide on my favorite though....Its a war between Bleach, SAO and Bakuman.
I'm recently watching Akame ga kill, Say i love you and just finished Black Rock shooter.
I've mostly seen only the popular ones since I don't know a lot of old or underrated Anime but the Podcast has been helping me find new ones to watch so I'm excited to start a few :D
I'd love to hear your suggestions :D I'm not very picky, I like almost every Anime I watch haha.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

welcome semibolt

glad to hear your liking the podcast.

who says you have to have one favorite. ;-)

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Welcome friend!

A few suggestions for you to check out:

If you liked sword art, give Accel World a try. It's by the same author as sword art and the story is pretty good. The main character can get annoying at times but I found it to be quite enjoyable. Also had probably my most hated antagonist ever.

If you liked Say I love you, you should try Kimi ni Todoke. A very good romance.

If you want to try something different maybe give something like Love Live! a try. Its a school idol show with and I thought it had some great music.

Just a few suggestions for what they are worth! I look forward to chatting on here!

Lenzark
Anime Junky

Postby Lenzark » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Welcome, Summoner!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:24 pm

@Lenzark

always fishing for the lol players ;-p

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Welcome SemiBolt! So glad to have you join us on the forum and I can't wait to chat it up with you more. Good to hear you have been enjoying the podcast, we love the feedback!

In regards to anime show suggestions, you can check out our Top 50 Anime You Should Watch article to get some ideas :D
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Lozarch
I Like Anime

Postby Lozarch » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 am

Besides looking around here at people's favorites and recomendations, I would direct you to http://www.anime-planet.com you can either look up shows you like and see other people's recomendations based on them, or you can look up new shows(or characters!) by tag. I might recommend watching shorter shows until you have a good idea what's out there before investing weeks/months into a show like One Peice or Inuyasha which are over100 episodes.

Lenzark
Anime Junky

Postby Lenzark » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Chris wrote:@Lenzark

always fishing for the lol players ;-p

Well, its the most played game on the planet. So, I'm sure i can fish out a few.