Hey what’s up Otaku Spirit!

Let us get to know you!
MrUchiha1
I Like Anime

Hey what’s up Otaku Spirit!

Postby MrUchiha1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 am

Hey there! I started listening to the podcast right at the beginning of fall season 2017. And every since I’ve pretty much listened to every episode. Luckily I am able to listen while I’m at work so you guys really get me through each day. I have been in love with anime for over 12 years so it’s nice to be part of a community that genuinely enjoys watching and talking about anime! You guys keep doing what your doing cause there are people out here who really appreciate it. So thanks, and look forward to the upcoming season!!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: Hey what’s up Otaku Spirit!

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:35 am

Welcome. At the risk of sounding like a broken record I hope you find yourself a home here. Have lots of fun. Now for your voluntarily mandatory kind of not really definitely required emergency random question to answer at your leisure.

Serious deep version

If you could change one thing in the anime fandom / community what would it be? What is that one thing you wish the fandom was more self aware of?

Fun version

Who is your waifu from way back when before you knew what a waifu was?

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 am

Welcome to our friendly, anime-crazy community, good sir (I'm assuming male gender base on the "Mr" in your nickname). Glad to hear you appreciate Andrew and Chris's work on the podcast - they are indeed a very agreeable duo to listen to. Likewise, I'd say our forum crew is made up of tolerant individuals. So no need to be shy about your tastes and preferences - I say that as somebody who likes to watch shows featuring sibling romance.

You won't see much of me in the Seasonal Discussion thread since I don't watch airing animes, but feel free to strike up a conversation on completed shows any time.

Unless you're terribly shy, you might appreciate some prodding to let the rest of us know what makes you tick (in regards to anime, of course :P). Cue BlueSpark's random question, a customary ritual for new members: What makes or breaks a good parent in anime for you? Any positive or negative examples you'd like to point out? Elaborate as much or as little as you like.

To close my post with a shameless plug: If you're willing to give it a shot, take a look at my forum game (linked in my signature). It's been on hold for a while due to a lack of players, but if the game looks interesting to you, you can pick it right back up. I think it's a lot of fun :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MrUchiha1
I Like Anime

Postby MrUchiha1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:15 am

Hey sorry it took so long for me to reply I have been busy. But as for the anime fandom, I feel that i wouldn’t need to change anything because, especially every since I have started watching anime, the fandom has grown tremendously. People have came out and shared the opinions on different subjects. There are all types of anime expos and cons that you can go too. Everyone comes together and has fun cosplaying and introducing each other to new anime and mangas. Now is an awesome time to be an anime fan! It has became way more mainstream than ever before. Of course you have people who like to troll and just talk crap about people’s favorite shows but that’s only a minor issue when it comes to all of the positivity that the anime community brings.

MrUchiha1
I Like Anime

Postby MrUchiha1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:18 am

Now as for my waifu before I even knew what a waifu was. Mine was Tomoyo from clannad and clannad after story.! She was a badass. She could beat everyone up if she wanted to. And I am a fan of the silver hair on female anime characters! And her personality was cool. She was a calm and collective character

MrUchiha1
I Like Anime

Postby MrUchiha1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:41 am

As far as what makes of breaks a good parent for me? I think that when a parent seems to not want to be around or raise there kids makes them a bad parent. For example like Tomoya’s fade on clannad. He was a drunkerd that didn’t give tomoya anytime of day and barley took care of himself. Or another one in my opinion would be Goku from Dragon ball z. He is barely even around to raise and train gohan or goten. Goku would rather go off training than to be at home which I get it he is a fighter at heart but come on man! Don’t just let piccolo raise your children! On the other hand a good parent in my opinion would be vegeta in dragon ball z. Having trunks has changed vegeta entirely. For example instead of not caring for anyone around him and pretty much being evil trunks has given vegeta a reason to fight for. Through out the series vegeta has had s some major character development by having a kid. Vegeta takes the time to train trunks personally and even though he is tsundere an crap! He still goes out to family outings where as goku would just leave them all just to go train.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:08 am

Thanks for the detailed answer :).
MrUchiha1 wrote:For example like Tomoya’s fade on clannad. He was a drunkerd that didn’t give tomoya anytime of day and barley took care of himself.
I'm curious, then: What did you think of his 'redemption'/reconciliation with Tomoya towards the end (episode 19) of After Story? Did it make you see him in a better light, or do you still think he failed as a parent? If so, was his failure justified by his own unfortunate circumstances?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!