Hi!

Let us get to know you!
fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: Hi!

Postby fragoff » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:12 pm

You guys are into it...a lot!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 am

fragoff wrote:You guys are into it...a lot!
You better believe it.

MojaveRena wrote:Oh yeah, I meant the radio songs, sorry. :P
While it's not about the radio songs, I remember getting a number of good chuckles out of Travis' rambling (or rather stammering, in his case). He's like the exact opposite of Fallout 3's Three Dog - a radio host with a self-confidence below 0. However, you can help him out in a side quest to make him feel better about himself.

MojaveRena wrote:I know that feeling!! You pick up too much stuff and have to drop it or give it to a companion. Lots of times I had to drop something because I couldn't run during the game.
Believe me, it's even worse in Fallout 4 because of the way crafting works: All junk items are made up of specific materials, which are used for crafting weapons, armor, meds, chems etc.. So most junk items are actually useful to pick up... You see the conundrum :P?

What I meant to say, though, wasn't about being overloaded - it's about finding too many stimpacks and too much ammo (both of which weigh very little), so keeping myself stocked up becomes trivial. I would like some more 'desparation' and 'survival' feel to the game, to feel a rush of euphoria when picking up a healing item or a couple of rounds for my favorite weapon. But at this point, my reaction is basically "Woohoo, great... I'll just add that to my neverending stash." It also makes make character's high bartering proficiency borderline useless since I rarely need to buy stuff from vendors (except for the rarest of ammo types).

Anyway, this run is basically my 1st ever Fallout playthrough where I'm getting acquainted with all of the companions. In Fallout 3, I always picked one and stuck with them; in New Vegas, they always ended up dying (due to hardcode mode, which we already discussed). It's pretty cool to see them all reveal their individual stories as they grow to like you more.

MojaveRena wrote:It wasn't Netflix who licensed it? I personally am a bit skeptical since I thought Funimation dubbed that show, but I keep seeing Netflix whenever Violet Evergarden is mentioned..
You got me wrong there - I meant When They Cry being distributed by a different, German company. Violet Evergarden is very much a Netflix property.

MojaveRena wrote:There is Fairy Tail, I used to love that show but I won't watch it again because of the amount of episodes. I simply don't have the time to watch it again.
What about you?
The length of a show is definitely a factor. I watched my gateway anime, Ranma 1/2, 2 times (That's 7 seasons). I also watched all 130 English-dubbed episodes of Case Closed, as well as DragonBall and most of DragonBall Z. Nowadays, I don't think I'd touch any of those again - as you said, too time-consuming. Even though I don't have to keep up with seasonal releases, I don't like to commit myself to a single show for that long these days.

One other case of a show you could say I sort of liked is We Without Wings. For the first 90% of it, the series is a pure and unabashed ecchi-fest - which was decently funny in itself. And the you get to the last 1.5 episodes, which introduce a drama plot that, in my mind, would've been absolutely brilliant... if it were used in an actual drama anime. Let's just say I was salty about the wasted potential of the genius dramatic premise. That's why I don't think I'll ever revisit the series.

Also, there are some older harem series of which I have somewhat fond memories, but I know they've aged and probably wouldn't do much for me if I were to rewatch them now. Point in case: Love Hina, Girls Bravo. Newer harems like Haganai or Date a Live hold much more allure for me nowadays.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:25 am

Bluespark wrote:While it's not about the radio songs, I remember getting a number of good chuckles out of Travis' rambling (or rather stammering, in his case). He's like the exact opposite of Fallout 3's Three Dog - a radio host with a self-confidence below 0. However, you can help him out in a side quest to make him feel better about himself.
Oh right, I remember Three Dog and his radio shout-outs during the game. The songs in Fallout 3 made me want to play the game more, maybe it's that opening song where you think "everything is OK, it's a nice song" and then the camera zooms out to see this desolate wasteland with ruined buildings scattered all over the place - the song takes a very different meaning then.
It's a good example of how well-timed music can be in games. ^^

Bluespark wrote:Believe me, it's even worse in Fallout 4 because of the way crafting works: All junk items are made up of specific materials, which are used for crafting weapons, armor, meds, chems etc.. So most junk items are actually useful to pick up... You see the conundrum :P?

What I meant to say, though, wasn't about being overloaded - it's about finding too many stimpacks and too much ammo (both of which weigh very little), so keeping myself stocked up becomes trivial. I would like some more 'desparation' and 'survival' feel to the game, to feel a rush of euphoria when picking up a healing item or a couple of rounds for my favorite weapon. But at this point, my reaction is basically "Woohoo, great... I'll just add that to my neverending stash." It also makes make character's high bartering proficiency borderline useless since I rarely need to buy stuff from vendors (except for the rarest of ammo types).

Anyway, this run is basically my 1st ever Fallout playthrough where I'm getting acquainted with all of the companions. In Fallout 3, I always picked one and stuck with them; in New Vegas, they always ended up dying (due to hardcode mode, which we already discussed). It's pretty cool to see them all reveal their individual stories as they grow to like you more.
So you end up picking up everything that isn't nailed down then? That's what I normally do in games, I end up having to drop a lot of stuff into crates so I can go back to pick them up when I can. It is quite a conundrum, you want the stuff for crafting but you know you can't carry it all...

You know, I have the same problem with money. I end up with too much money to know what to do with it by mid-game in Fallout NV. Ammo is another problem, I keep finding 5.56mm rounds everywhere you can look in the game, I have about 700 rounds for a gun I don't use anymore.
You could do what I do and limit the amount of bullets you can have, I do that with stimpacks and other aid equipment. Only have 50 bullets and only carry 5 of each item you pick up, and only 5 maximum weapons and armor at one time. I call it "The rule of 5" difficulty, what do you think? :3

Bluespark wrote:You got me wrong there - I meant When They Cry being distributed by a different, German company. Violet Evergarden is very much a Netflix property.

Oh I see, I wonder if there will be an Italian dub of Higurashi sometime soon? I wouldn't mind re-watching it again.

Bluespark wrote:The length of a show is definitely a factor. I watched my gateway anime, Ranma 1/2, 2 times (That's 7 seasons). I also watched all 130 English-dubbed episodes of Case Closed, as well as DragonBall and most of DragonBall Z. Nowadays, I don't think I'd touch any of those again - as you said, too time-consuming. Even though I don't have to keep up with seasonal releases, I don't like to commit myself to a single show for that long these days.

One other case of a show you could say I sort of liked is We Without Wings. For the first 90% of it, the series is a pure and unabashed ecchi-fest - which was decently funny in itself. And the you get to the last 1.5 episodes, which introduce a drama plot that, in my mind, would've been absolutely brilliant... if it were used in an actual drama anime. Let's just say I was salty about the wasted potential of the genius dramatic premise. That's why I don't think I'll ever revisit the series.

Also, there are some older harem series of which I have somewhat fond memories, but I know they've aged and probably wouldn't do much for me if I were to rewatch them now. Point in case: Love Hina, Girls Bravo. Newer harems like Haganai or Date a Live hold much more allure for me nowadays.

I used to be able to watch over 100+ episodes of a series but now I don't have the willpower to watch something that long now.

I had a show do that to me once, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was...
The problem I have with some shows is "manga-bait" - when an anime wants you to read the manga past the point the anime got to. I mean, they make an anime and then the creators want you to read the rest in manga format anyway... -_ -

I have fond memories of the ending song of Himouto Umaru-chan, not the anime per se, just the song.
I know of shows that were harmless for me to watch but I wouldn't want to watch them again since there is little point.

Here's a question for you: what would be the best dub you have watched, and one you can recommend to anyone regardless of what language they prefer?
Thinking hard about it, it has to be either Space Dandy or Black Lagoon. They did everything you could have possibly wanted from a dub. :)

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:10 am

MojaveRena wrote:You could do what I do and limit the amount of bullets you can have, I do that with stimpacks and other aid equipment. Only have 50 bullets and only carry 5 of each item you pick up, and only 5 maximum weapons and armor at one time. I call it "The rule of 5" difficulty, what do you think? :3
I think it's an original solution that's easy to implement, for sure (well, as long as you have the required self-control to actually stick to it). I don't think it quite solves my gripes with the game, though; I want looting to be meaningful. If I constantly find stimpacks and sufficient ammo on enemy corpses, there'd be little reason to explore all the small locations the world of Fallout 4 has to offer because the extra loot would be redundant.

Anyway, I'm pushing through as is right now. My enthusiasm for the playthrough has been waning for a while and I still have ~1/4 of the world map to uncover. But on the flipside, I'm above level 60 already and most enemies drop very quickly, so at least as far as fights go, my progress is rather smooth.

In other news, Curie is pretty adorable as a companion. I ended up flirting with her a bunch just to see how she'd react to my teasing ^_^.

As you might've read in the appropriate thread already, I played Finding Paradise this weekend. Another nail-biting feels trip after its predecessor, To the Moon. These games combine the same elements that make Your Name so great for me: A good deal of funny comedy, a mystery element of slowly uncovering the details of the plot, and several dramatic highs following the plot twists. Have you played similar 'games' before which are completely story-centric and hardly have any gameplay elements to speak of (excluding visual novels)?

MojaveRena wrote:Here's a question for you: what would be the best dub you have watched, and one you can recommend to anyone regardless of what language they prefer?
That's a tough one for me to answer, given that I love most dubs :P. Steins;Gate's English version has been praised by many, and I agree that it's pretty amazing.

Overall, however, I think localizations are at their best when they succeed at adapting comedy animes with humorous dialog that doesn't sound stiff. I may have a soft spot for English slang, being a non-native speaker and all, but I think series like Baka and Test or High School DxD exemplify this quite well. Not to forget Shimoneta, either.

I honestly don't think there's a dub I'd recommend to everyone, though. If you prefer Japanese voice acting, from all I've heard, they have some pretty incredible actors, so I don't see any need to switch to English in that case. Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out answer :P.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:38 pm

BlueSpark wrote:I think it's an original solution that's easy to implement, for sure (well, as long as you have the required self-control to actually stick to it). I don't think it quite solves my gripes with the game, though; I want looting to be meaningful. If I constantly find stimpacks and sufficient ammo on enemy corpses, there'd be little reason to explore all the small locations the world of Fallout 4 has to offer because the extra loot would be redundant.

Hmm... Isn't there a mod to limit the amount of loot? That would add more realism to game also.
Or better yet, a mod that places each item in more realistic places you would normally find them in. I once found 220 Caps and several Super Stimpacks hidden in a hollowed-out rock in NV so I know what you mean... -_-

Bluespark wrote:As you might've read in the appropriate thread already, I played Finding Paradise this weekend. Another nail-biting feels trip after its predecessor, To the Moon. These games combine the same elements that make Your Name so great for me: A good deal of funny comedy, a mystery element of slowly uncovering the details of the plot, and several dramatic highs following the plot twists. Have you played similar 'games' before which are completely story-centric and hardly have any gameplay elements to speak of (excluding visual novels)?

I don't think I have played any similar games to what you said, apart from VNs (and hentai games).
OH! There is a game I have played on the PS2 called "Fahrenheit" (Indigo Prophecy in US). It's a very story-centric and mainly consists of you walking around. It's more of an interactable DVD rather than a game but the first level is a near-masterpiece in terms of what you can do.
And the PC Remastered port looks even better then the PS2 version, so feel free to download it. :)

Bluespark wrote:That's a tough one for me to answer, given that I love most dubs :P. Steins;Gate's English version has been praised by many, and I agree that it's pretty amazing.

Overall, however, I think localizations are at their best when they succeed at adapting comedy animes with humorous dialog that doesn't sound stiff. I may have a soft spot for English slang, being a non-native speaker and all, but I think series like Baka and Test or High School DxD exemplify this quite well. Not to forget Shimoneta, either.

I honestly don't think there's a dub I'd recommend to everyone, though. If you prefer Japanese voice acting, from all I've heard, they have some pretty incredible actors, so I don't see any need to switch to English in that case. Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out answer :P.

True, I also find the jokes are funnier in the dub since the pun is in what is being said, rather than in the subtitle translation. But I suppose it can work in Japanese, look at Gintama and how funny that can be. Don't forget about "Panty Stocking with Garterbelt", that has some English good slang. ;)

Yeah, you're right about that mate, we spoke before about how good the JP voice actors can be as singers but a rumour goes they are sometimes underpaid... I do feel sorry for them now.
Or if someone is simply more used to hearing JP voices in their anime, swapping languages would be weird.

In one of the recent OS podcasts, there was a question about cross-platform gaming that peaked my interest... what about an online version for Fallout NV? Imagine the fun we could have glitching across the Mojave while shooting each other or maybe team up and complete quests. XD
I wonder why they didn't release an online mode in the first place? It would be great fun..

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am

MojaveRena wrote:Hmm... Isn't there a mod to limit the amount of loot? That would add more realism to game also.
Or better yet, a mod that places each item in more realistic places you would normally find them in.
As I believe I mentioned before, I am using a mod with the express purpose of reducing the amount of items you loot from bodies, chests etc.. Turns out it's not enough of a reduction. But that's been my experience with pretty much any 'hardcore' mod I've tried, ever: They make the early portion of the game pretty tough, but after a certain point, you'll get over the scarcity phase and find stuff faster than you can use it.

MojaveRena wrote:But I suppose it can work in Japanese, look at Gintama and how funny that can be.
Without having seen Gintama in particular, I'd imagine that comedy experienced in a subtitled anime would have to lean a lot more on the visual side (reaction faces etc.) because the words don't really 'hit' the same way when experienced through reading rather than hearing them. But that's just my sub-o-phobe self talking :P.

MojaveRena wrote:what about an online version for Fallout NV? Imagine the fun we could have glitching across the Mojave while shooting each other or maybe team up and complete quests. XD
I wonder why they didn't release an online mode in the first place? It would be great fun..
I believe you're vastly underestimating the coding effort this would take to implement. Although I suppose that in Fallout, it's technically doable - after all, that's what Fallout 76 is going to be all about. But then again, for all we know so far, that game could be so drastically different from the previous titles as to lose most of its Fallout charm.

I've read similar suggestions/discussions regarding the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, and over there, it's even more complicated due to the "a-life" component (artifical life, meaning characters travel the world map and fight even if you're at a completely different location).

The big overall problem in a multiplayer mode would be proper synchronization - of the positions of characters, their health, their equipment, their alert status; of items on the ground / in stashes / in the players' inventories. Also practical questions such as how does questing work (Who can accept / complete / turn in missions? Does a player gain experience if he wasn't even nearby when the quest target was accomplished?) and how does the difficulty scale to account for the increased fighting power on the players' side. What happens to you while another player sleeps or performs another action that causes in-game time to skip?

Sorry to sound like such a downer, but I really do believe this would pose too many practical problems to be viable. I'm all for co-op shooters, and I've had hours of fun with Borderlands, Left 4 Dead and other games. But as for much more complex titles such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout, I think they work best as a single-player experience. If you want to make these co-op compatible, you'd have to restructure them from the ground up, like Fallout 76 is most likely going to do.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 am

BlueSpark wrote:As I believe I mentioned before, I am using a mod with the express purpose of reducing the amount of items you loot from bodies, chests etc.. Turns out it's not enough of a reduction. But that's been my experience with pretty much any 'hardcore' mod I've tried, ever: They make the early portion of the game pretty tough, but after a certain point, you'll get over the scarcity phase and find stuff faster than you can use it.
Oh I didn't know you said that before, sorry. But I was just trying to help you out.

Anyway, I didn't know mods are available for consoles now, but I doubt they would come out on the lower-gen consoles like the PS3 or Xbox 360 (Which is what I want).
Fallout 4 on the PS4 has some mods (around 30) while Xbox One has over 100 mods and work just like they would normally do on PC.
Maybe one day I will eventually buy a PS4 (or get the PC version if it even works on my PC) and catch up with what you mean above.
But I imagine it will take a long time to make mods for other games, the only games as of today that have mods for console are; "Fallout 4", "The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition" and "Farming Simulator 18". It's not much but it's a step in the right direction.

Bluespark wrote:Without having seen Gintama in particular, I'd imagine that comedy experienced in a subtitled anime would have to lean a lot more on the visual side (reaction faces etc.) because the words don't really 'hit' the same way when experienced through reading rather than hearing them. But that's just my sub-o-phobe self talking :P.
Yes, you end up relying on finding the joke in the subtitles or looking at their facial reactions. Some jokes just work better in English, like the "Beef or Chicken" joke in "Pop Team Epic" if you have seen that - it made little sense in Japanese but people immediately knew what it meant in the dub.
Then again there are jokes the Japanese use that make no sense in English too, even when translated properly the joke might not work because the humour is too Japanese.

MojaveRena wrote:I believe you're vastly underestimating the coding effort this would take to implement. Although I suppose that in Fallout, it's technically doable - after all, that's what Fallout 76 is going to be all about. But then again, for all we know so far, that game could be so drastically different from the previous titles as to lose most of its Fallout charm.

I've read similar suggestions/discussions regarding the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, and over there, it's even more complicated due to the "a-life" component (artifical life, meaning characters travel the world map and fight even if you're at a completely different location).

The big overall problem in a multiplayer mode would be proper synchronization - of the positions of characters, their health, their equipment, their alert status; of items on the ground / in stashes / in the players' inventories. Also practical questions such as how does questing work (Who can accept / complete / turn in missions? Does a player gain experience if he wasn't even nearby when the quest target was accomplished?) and how does the difficulty scale to account for the increased fighting power on the players' side. What happens to you while another player sleeps or performs another action that causes in-game time to skip?

Sorry to sound like such a downer, but I really do believe this would pose too many practical problems to be viable. I'm all for co-op shooters, and I've had hours of fun with Borderlands, Left 4 Dead and other games. But as for much more complex titles such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout, I think they work best as a single-player experience. If you want to make these co-op compatible, you'd have to restructure them from the ground up, like Fallout 76 is most likely going to do.

I didn't think of it in that way, I was talking from theoretical point of view with the online modes.
Practically speaking, it would take too much resources to make such a mode. Even local multiplayer wouldn't work well.

Nah, don't worry about sounding like a downer in your answer above, I'm often told I sound overly excited or forgetful in all my forum posts but please allow me to change the mood -"Just Because" is getting a dub!, along with one of my favourite shows "Girl's Last Tour" and "Mitsuboshi Colours". I'm really stoked to watch these again, I hope you like them if you decide to watch them. :)

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:24 am

MojaveRena wrote:Oh I didn't know you said that before, sorry. But I was just trying to help you out.
Maybe my post came across wrong. Maybe I didn't even mention it in this thread (could've been the "What Are You Playing?" thread instead). But yeah, I like having mods to make games like this harder regarding the survival aspects, and that includes reduced amounts of loot. Back in the day, for instance, Fallout 3 had the "Fallout Wanderer's Edition" mod, which was a dream come true (except that it seemed to make the game very crash-prone).

Also, just to make sure I'm not spreading any confusion: I play on PC, not on consoles. I've been an avid PC gamer for as long as I can remember ;). I do know that modding is a thing for the console versions of Fallout 4, albeit with a rather limited selection compared to PC.

MojaveRena wrote:Some jokes just work better in English, like the "Beef or Chicken" joke in "Pop Team Epic" if you have seen that - it made little sense in Japanese but people immediately knew what it meant in the dub.
I haven't seen Pop Team Epic yet, but considering I can laugh my butt off at ASDF Movie (which the YouTuber "Black Critic Guy" compared the anime to), it might be worth a shot :).

MojaveRena wrote:please allow me to change the mood -"Just Because" is getting a dub!, along with one of my favourite shows "Girl's Last Tour" and "Mitsuboshi Colours". I'm really stoked to watch these again, I hope you like them if you decide to watch them. :)
::pff:: ::shocked:: ... ::teardrop:: Sorry, my hype just went through the roof and I hit my head :P. So I can scratch Just Because! off my list of dubless regrets ^_^. Now I'll get right to... the part where I wait for the release, which is probably still months away. Oh well, not like it's something I ain't used to by now.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 am

BlueSpark wrote:Maybe my post came across wrong. Maybe I didn't even mention it in this thread (could've been the "What Are You Playing?" thread instead). But yeah, I like having mods to make games like this harder regarding the survival aspects, and that includes reduced amounts of loot. Back in the day, for instance, Fallout 3 had the "Fallout Wanderer's Edition" mod, which was a dream come true (except that it seemed to make the game very crash-prone).

Also, just to make sure I'm not spreading any confusion: I play on PC, not on consoles. I've been an avid PC gamer for as long as I can remember ;). I do know that modding is a thing for the console versions of Fallout 4, albeit with a rather limited selection compared to PC.

No worries. Oh, I think I've heard of that mod before! I remember seeing a Youtube video about it, I think.
Some mods I use for Euro Truck Simulator 2 increase realism but some lag if you put them in the wrong load order, which is a problem if the creator didn't say what order to place the mod in..

Cool, most PC games I have played have brought me some fond memories of gaming, like with "Euro Truck Simulator 2", it's a surprisingly addictive game only for PC, if I would have stuck with consoles I wouldn't have got to play this game I now love. I know I only have my trusty laptop for PC gaming but it has put a smile on my face on many occasions, I suppose that's what gaming is all about. :)

You're right about that, the PS4 has a very limited amount of mods for Fallout 4 because Bethesda don't want to use external assets in the mods for PS4 since it's a license agreement they have. Even on Xbox One where there are over 4 times the amount of mods available, it still doesn't match the amount on PC. Although, I'm just glad more gamers can use these mods, a lot of work and effort has been put into making them.

What other games do you like on PC? Are there other games that you would recommend me that you like?
You said you play the "Tales Of" series on PS3 so maybe you will like Valkyria Chronicles too. It's like a strategy-RPG game with anime graphics. (It's also one of the few games to have made me cry hard.)

Bluespark wrote:I haven't seen Pop Team Epic yet, but considering I can laugh my butt off at ASDF Movie (which the YouTuber "Black Critic Guy" compared the anime to), it might be worth a shot :).

As long as you like surreal humour, you're gonna love it. Also, Pop Team Epic is unique as the anime repeats itself after 12 minutes only with different voice actors with their own spin on the jokes.

Bluespark wrote: ::pff:: ::shocked:: ... ::teardrop:: Sorry, my hype just went through the roof and I hit my head :P. So I can scratch Just Because! off my list of dubless regrets ^_^. Now I'll get right to... the part where I wait for the release, which is probably still months away. Oh well, not like it's something I ain't used to by now.

The dub gods have blessed us! XD And guess who it's dubbed by? Sentai. Yes, the same people I thought were not going to do dubs anymore since Funimation are taking too much of their jobs. This is amazing, now they got to dub the sister anime "Tawawa on Monday".

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 am

MojaveRena wrote:Although, I'm just glad more gamers can use these mods, a lot of work and effort has been put into making them.
Yeah, it's amazing how many people put their lifeblood into creating mods and sharing them with the community. Some are pretty small and innocuous, while others - at least for the PC version - are fully staffed projects and completely turn the base game on its head. I would've never been able to truly enjoy Fallout 3 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl if not for some incredible overhaul mods. That's why I'm hoping more game developers/publishers will start supporting modders the way Bethesda has.

MojaveRena wrote:You said you play the "Tales Of" series on PS3 so maybe you will like Valkyria Chronicles too. It's like a strategy-RPG game with anime graphics. (It's also one of the few games to have made me cry hard.)
That's right - in fact, the Tales of titles are the only console games I possess (excluding handhelds). Although I did actually play through Valkyria Chronicles with my brother a while back. I know this one has a huge fanbase (including Andrew and Chris), so I'm a little sad to say it was only an 'OK' experience for me. Neither the gameplay nor the story truly grabbed me.

MojaveRena wrote:What other games do you like on PC? Are there other games that you would recommend me that you like?
Now that's a tough question (the 2nd part, I mean). I'd say that the genre I've played the most of are shooters, mainly of the single-player variety. I adore the first 2 F.E.A.R. games, Max Payne is an oldie with an incredible atmosphere, and of course, there's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as a franchise of really cool survival shooters (with the right mods, that is). I can also recommend BioShock 1 and 2 as well as the Borderlands games. Far Cry 1 was nice. However, if you're not a PC gamer, I imagine getting used to playing a FPS with keyboard and mouse would be an arduous process.

I've also sunk my fair share of playtime into Diablo 2 and 3 over the years. You can play 3 on consoles these days, too. I think StarCraft 1 and 2 as well as WarCraft 3 are great for their campaign modes alone (Can you tell Blizzard Entertainment has shaped my gaming history quite a bit ;)?). I think those should the most influential titles I could recommend. Of course, it all comes down to what kinds of games you're looking for.

MojaveRena wrote:The dub gods have blessed us! XD And guess who it's dubbed by? Sentai. Yes, the same people I thought were not going to do dubs anymore since Funimation are taking too much of their jobs. This is amazing, now they got to dub the sister anime "Tawawa on Monday".
Certainly makes me a happy panda. And you know what else? I started browsing the Animedubs Reddit yesterday and found out that Funimation has announced the ReLIFE OVAs for November! ReLIFE was such an amazing series, and I'm dying to find out how it concludes.