YOUSORO!

Let us get to know you!
Eira
Anime Junky

Re: YOUSORO!

Postby Eira » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm

MojaveRena wrote:I loved (Chris Patton’s) performance in Ghost Stories (if you have seen that in the dub), it's almost an abridged dub how they did that show, but it made the anime much more enjoyable.

I’m in the middle of watching that actually, but I’m watching it with a group of friends so it’s a bit slow going, since it’s hard to find time when all of us are free to meet up and watch it.

MojaveRena wrote:Can I recommend Space Dandy or Black Lagoon to you in the dub version? - they are shows I think are much better in the dub.
I'm personally more of a dub guy myself but I do watch subbed anime too.

Those are both shows I’ve been willing to check out, as far as dubs go I’d be willing to try them but as a 100% legal watcher (it pains me sometimes) it can be a little hard to watch dubs, we don’t have Funimation in Australia, we have Madman and they have a streaming site called AnimeLab, it has dubs but I’m not sure if it has those shows, I’ll have to check.

MojaveRena wrote:True, I'm personally shy about using forums but this one makes me feel at home. Honestly, I'm glad I joined so don't worry about chatting about things you wanna talk about.

Mmm, so far so good. I have used other forums before, but I was worried that this place was dead or something, good to see it’d active enough. As long as there’s a few people regularly coming here then I’ll try my best to keep doing so too!
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 am

Eira wrote:I’m in the middle of watching that actually, but I’m watching it with a group of friends so it’s a bit slow going, since it’s hard to find time when all of us are free to meet up and watch it.
That sounds like fun! I bet it's awesome to watch Ghost Stories with some friends. :D

Eira wrote:Those are both shows I’ve been willing to check out, as far as dubs go I’d be willing to try them but as a 100% legal watcher (it pains me sometimes) it can be a little hard to watch dubs, we don’t have Funimation in Australia, we have Madman and they have a streaming site called AnimeLab, it has dubs but I’m not sure if it has those shows, I’ll have to check.
Ah OK, I don't think Funimation is available here in Europe either.. I'm not sure why they don't allow us both to access their site or their streaming service?
I mean, I have a Netflix account but they don't have all the shows I want to watch so I have to find other ways to watch anime sometimes... Anyway, if you find those shows, I hope you like them.

Eira wrote:Mmm, so far so good. I have used other forums before, but I was worried that this place was dead or something, good to see it’d active enough. As long as there’s a few people regularly coming here then I’ll try my best to keep doing so too!
Yeah, I have tried other forums before and some were a bit hostile for no reason... Well, there are sometimes quite a few people active in the Gaming section or the Forum Games section, but normally there are some people regularly talking in other parts of the forums too - like the Seasonal Anime discussion.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Fri May 25, 2018 6:13 pm

MojaveRena wrote:I don't think Funimation is available here in Europe either.. I'm not sure why they don't allow us both to access their site or their streaming service?

It’s all legal stuff and licensing issues, since they’re just an American company they can only have the rights for America since they also want to release the DVDs, since Crunchyroll ONLY does stremaing it can go to a lot of countries and not just were its based. Luckily Australia has plenty of companies that take up rights but only one of them actually has a streaming service. I can’t watch anything the others get unless I buy them.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560