Please be nice to me~

Let us get to know you!
PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Please be nice to me~

Postby PlatinaHeart » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:23 am

Hello! Much love from Hong Kong. I'm PlatinaHeart (or just Platina) and I hope to make a lot of new friends here. ::peace::

So what do I love? Well, I love anime, manga and games. Sometimes doujinshi, a lil bit of ecchi.

Games:
I'm currently playing Black Desert Online Remastered. It's my first open world MMO and I really love it! I also have Fate Grand Order on my mobile. I'll be playing NieR: Automata this coming September. I love fantasy, sci-fi and adventure. No horror pls. ::happy::

Anime:
Shoujo and comedy. Again, a bit of ecchi. No horror pls. ::anger::

Manga:
I have collected To Love-ru and Shomin Sample. I think Vampire Knight is too sugary sweet with the occasional blood. No, I don't like horror but I read Dead Days and HIVE.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: Please be nice to me~

Postby fragoff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 am

Be nice???!!! We are never nice! We insult, we bully, we cut in little pieces and we dance on graves!

But since you like to love ru and it happens to be one of my favorite title, i guess you get a safe pass.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here!
::peace::
P.s: haruna is best girl!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:27 am

Welcome to the forums Platina. Hope you have a good time here and we can engage you in conversation. Let me show you how things work by saying, Kotegawa is best girl.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 am

There's always room for another kind heart in our community. So hi and welcome to Otaku Spirit :).

I can assure you there's no shortage of conversation topics in the sphere of anime and games. Especially Fate: Grand Order seems to be pretty big at the moment (I haven't played it, myself). We have some avid manga readers, as well, though I'm not among them. However, I can dig a bit of ecchi in my animes (that is, if it fits the tone of the show; if it doesn't, I'm pretty good at ignoring it).

So, you live in Hong Kong? Did you move there or are you actually born Chinese? We already have a nice gamut of nationalities represented on these forums; having someone from the far east join us would be pretty cool ;).

If you don't mind, would you share your gender? Of course, forum etiquette includes that it's fine to reveal as much or as little about yourself as you want. I just find that particular distinction rather helpful to understand the other person better in certain situations. Your nickname and proclivity for shoujo animes point more towards female, but feel free to correct me here - even as a man in his 30s, I enjoy me some shoujo romance occasionally, too :>.

So, anything else? Well, I'm the Otaku Spirit Ambassador of English Dubs, because that's (nearly) all I watch. And I have a universal love for language which manifests in a sometimes eccentric writing style. No, it's not curable, so I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it :P.

As per tradition, you will now be faced with a spontaneously generated question courtesy of BlueSpark (spoiler: It's actually two questions). Let's shoot: How do you feel about being an anime/manga fan, taking into account the culture you live in / the people you're surrounded by? If you were to start chatting about anime/manga with a non-fan, what titles would you bring up?

One last thing I always like to rope new members int... *ahem*, bring up as a friendly recommendation: My forum game is still in need of more players to keep it afloat. Dig into your (hopefully) broad knowledge of anime characters and find similarities between them :).

Edit: Unfortunately, I haven't watched To Live-Ru due to my aforementioned dub purism. However, the show is currently being released in German, so I'll probably be able to rectify that eventually.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Edit: Unfortunately, I haven't watched To Live-Ru due to my aforementioned dub purism.

Sadly, there is no cure for that. Or at least that works on him... ::terrible::
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 am

Welcome to the forums, if you like to love-ru then you'll like the manga for Rosario vampire. Hope you enjoy your time here.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am

Hey Platina, welcome to the forums! I hope you have fun and enjoy talking to everyone here! :)

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:30 am

Hey, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy it here. Heres a question. What are some shows you dislike and why? Who are some of your favorite characters and why? What's your favorite style of comedy? (Dry humor, slapstick, fast paced insanity ect ect.) Also what's your favorite type of music/bands?

And just out of curiosity hows it over in Hong Kong? Never met anyone from Hong Kong before. Anyway, hope to talk to you soon!

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:08 am

BlueSpark wrote:There's always room for another kind heart in our community. So hi and welcome to Otaku Spirit :).

So, you live in Hong Kong? Did you move there or are you actually born Chinese? We already have a nice gamut of nationalities represented on these forums; having someone from the far east join us would be pretty cool ;).

If you don't mind, would you share your gender? Of course, forum etiquette includes that it's fine to reveal as much or as little about yourself as you want. I just find that particular distinction rather helpful to understand the other person better in certain situations. Your nickname and proclivity for shoujo animes point more towards female, but feel free to correct me here - even as a man in his 30s, I enjoy me some shoujo romance occasionally, too :>.

Yes I was born Chinese. But I am not pure Chinese. My dad is British-Filipino. My mom is from Fuzhou, China.

For your 2nd question, let's just say I will not correct you. ::happy::

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:10 am

::happy:: Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome. I really think I will know more friends here. 谢谢 ::happy::