Please be nice to me~

Let us get to know you!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: Please be nice to me~

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:53 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:Yes I was born Chinese. But I am not pure Chinese. My dad is British-Filipino. My mom is from Fuzhou, China.
That's pretty intriguing. Watch out, you might be showered with questions by me and fellow forumites about life in China ;). For now: Did you grow up bilingually with your dad teaching you English? Or are you mostly self-taught (as I am)?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 am

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:Yes I was born Chinese. But I am not pure Chinese. My dad is British-Filipino. My mom is from Fuzhou, China.
That's pretty intriguing. Watch out, you might be showered with questions by me and fellow forumites about life in China ;). For now: Did you grow up bilingually with your dad teaching you English? Or are you mostly self-taught (as I am)?

Multilingual actually, dad says my Tagalog passes basic muster but sounds funny because of my accent. I grew up speaking mostly English. My Cantonese is OK. ::yess::

Crash Kamio wrote:Hey, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy it here. Heres a question. What are some shows you dislike and why? Who are some of your favorite characters and why? What's your favorite style of comedy? (Dry humor, slapstick, fast paced insanity ect ect.) Also what's your favorite type of music/bands?

And just out of curiosity hows it over in Hong Kong? Never met anyone from Hong Kong before. Anyway, hope to talk to you soon!

Slapstick, I love The Three Stooges and Jackie Chan. My playlist is diverse with soundtracks taken from anime and games. Nu-metal like Linkin Park. I don't like pop. When my friend gifted me a Justin Bieber CD from the US, I used it for target practice

I best identify with Aoba Suzukaze (New Game!) because, like her, I'm short and I want to work for a game company, maybe Pearl Abyss because I like Black Desert Online (I need to learn Korean though...) Another character I like is Momo Velia Deviluke.

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Welcome to the forums, if you like to love-ru then you'll like the manga for Rosario vampire. Hope you enjoy your time here.

I read it but stopped when the MC became a ghoul. It was becoming more of a battle manga. ::sigh::

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:Multilingual actually, dad says my Tagalog passes basic muster but sounds funny because of my accent. I grew up speaking mostly English. My Cantonese is OK. ::yess::
I see. A multilingual upbringing is great - it broadens your understanding for linguistic structures so much :). I'm a little envious since I have a (probably unhealthy) enthusiasm for all things surrounding language. Have you ever dabbled in different languages other than the three you mentioned? Perhaps Japanese ;)?

PlatinaHeart wrote:I best identify with Aoba Suzukaze (New Game!) because, like her, I'm short and I want to work for a game company, maybe Pearl Abyss because I like Black Desert Online (I need to learn Korean though...)
Aoba is such a cutie, isn't she :>? It's cool that you can relate to her in that way. I might not be all too similar to Keima Katsuragi (my avatar, from The World God Only Knows), but I do think he's pretty darn admirable the way he stands up for his beliefs and thinks on his feet, using his personal strengths in unconventional ways.

Anyway, you're aspiring to join the gaming industry? And possibly the very company that published one of your favorite games? It's probably not going to be as easy as New Game! makes it look, but I still wish you the best of luck. It would be cool if you could follow in Miss Suzukaze's footsteps. Aaand if you, too, happen to encounter a female colleague who likes to sleep at the office without any pants on, maybe send me some pictures? *ahem*, I shouldn't think out loud ^^*.

On to a different topic: What are some shoujo animes you enjoyed? I'm generally a big fan of romance shows, but I've always had a bit of a rocky relationship with shoujos. My 3 favorites are Maid Sama for its comedy, His and Her Circumstances as a wholesome package of heartwarming feels and comedy, and Wolf Girl & Black Prince because... Heck if I know, I just loved that series ::happy::. I also think Nana is pretty good, although as I've been told, that one's a josei, not a shoujo.

And to slip in one last question: Do you follow currently airing shows a lot? Me, I only watch fully completed shows (or at least complete seasons), binge-style. I couldn't handle waiting week after week for new content.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:22 am

I like magical girls so I would say Card Captor Sakura (except the Clear Card arc, it's too sugary sweet now). Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya also, I like the comedy.

Vision of Escaflowne, because I like visiting other worlds and because of Escaflowne.
I would also mention Strawberry Panic.

I usually wait until the season ends, but if the anime is interesting then I wait for it every week. I'm currently watching Overlord Season 3 (goodbye and rip Arche ::terrible:: ).

I also watch How to NOT Summon a Demon Lord.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:48 am

Would you believe it, I haven't watched any of those ^^*. Well, they're all infused with supernatural elements to some degree (except Strawberry Panic, I believe). I much prefer animes with a grounded, realistic setting (as my favorites probably indicate). Others may find them boring, but I tend to be more engaged because the stories are more relatable. I can dig some cute girls, though, and your picture of Illya and her sidekick doesn't look half-bad ^_^.

I have watched some shoujo series in the fantasy realm which I found decently enjoyable. Fushigi Yuugi, Yona of the Dawn, and The Ancient Magus' Bride come to mind. Also Snow White with the Red Hair, but that's more of a straight-up romance than an adventure story.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:45 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:Slapstick, I love The Three Stooges and Jackie Chan. My playlist is diverse with soundtracks taken from anime and games. Nu-metal like Linkin Park. I don't like pop. When my friend gifted me a Justin Bieber CD from the US, I used it for target practice

I best identify with Aoba Suzukaze (New Game!) because, like her, I'm short and I want to work for a game company, maybe Pearl Abyss because I like Black Desert Online (I need to learn Korean though...) Another character I like is Momo Velia Deviluke.

Slapstick! Nice, love me some slap stick too. Three stooges is great, havent thought about that show in years. Never watched Jackie Chan myself, maybe I'll give it a go.

Using Justin Bieber CD as target practice, right on! The proper way to use a CD of his. Nu Metal is good, been on quite the Mudvayne and early Slipknot kick myself with a tad bit of Linkin Park. Shame what happened to Chester Bennington. He was a fantastic vocalist with a lot of passion in his voice.

Wow a game company? You allowed to say what company you work for? (Not sure if theres some sort of agreement you had to sign to prevent you from saying what company) What do you do at the company? Good choice of Aoba by the way. Love New Game.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:03 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:. When my friend gifted me a Justin Bieber CD from the US, I used it for target practice
:

Who wouldn't?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:37 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:I'm PlatinaHeart (or just Platina) and I hope to make a lot of new friends here.

Welcome! Should be pretty easy to make friends here, people here are super nice most of the time. By the way that name is really cute, I hope we can get along and be friends.

PlatinaHeart wrote:I have Fate Grand Order on my mobile.

Out of what you said this seems to be the only gaming thing we have in common, I mainly play Nintendo games but I also play a lot of multiplayer games on the PC so if you have any multiplayer games on the PC let me know cause if we have any in common then we should play together some time.

PlatinaHeart wrote:Shoujo and comedy. Again, a bit of ecchi. No horror pls.

Now, despite me being a male I also absolutely love Shoujos, I know they’re primarily targeted at females but I love them, however my experience with them is rather shallow despite having enjoyed every single one I’ve seen, if you have any recommendations for the best or must watch shoujos then please let me know.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 am

Crash Kamio wrote:
Wow a game company? You allowed to say what company you work for? (Not sure if theres some sort of agreement you had to sign to prevent you from saying what company) What do you do at the company? Good choice of Aoba by the way. Love New Game.

Lol no, I said I am looking to work for a gaming company. Pearl Abyss, Ubisoft, maybe Square Enix. ::hi::

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:38 am

So, platina, you love magical girl shows but hate horror. Is a show like magical girl raising project a real paradox for you?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato