Hello There!

Let us get to know you!
cesarheg
I Like Anime

Hello There!

Postby cesarheg » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:47 am

Hello everyone.
I just found the podcast searching spotify and I have never been in a forum or a page like this, so i hope i can get along everyone here and be part of this community.

I can say i like most anime and people reacting to anime. I like more the fantasy, shonen, and drama anime overall but i get to watch most of the categories.

This is all i can think of to put here, but i can get into a conversation with you guys so we can get to know each other more.

English is not my native language so if I mispell something point it out please.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: Hello There!

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Heya anime fan,

Glad to see some new blood around here. Welcome, welcome :). In case it helps any, I'm also not a native speaker of English, although I did study bilingually.

Please don't fret, no prior forum experience is required here :P. We're a pretty friendly and tolerant bunch, which is what our podcast hosts Andrew and Chris like to promote, as well.

Unfortunately, the two of us might not be able to discuss many of the same shows, for I generally stay away from action shonens and fantasy series. Romance, drama, and comedy are more my cup of tea. However, in the interest of starting some conversation: Do you have a particular anime you consider your absolute favorite? For me, it's become a hard question to answer with about 280 shows (franchises) under my belt, but my general go-to answer is ef - A Tale of Memories.

Lastly, it's a sacred tradition at this point for me to direct a spontaneous random question at every new forum member. So answer me this (if you feel so inclined): How do you feel about watching anime in a group (might be as few as 2 people) vs. watching by yourself?

Also, lastly lastly: I have a forum game linked in my signature which I always thought was pretty fun. It's been stalled for a while now due to lack of participation, but feel free to check it out and see if it's something you'd be interested in. If so, you can go right ahead and continue the current round (the candidate to match is fullmetal-senpai's Chise Hatori).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

cesarheg
I Like Anime

Postby cesarheg » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't really get for anime what do you mean, but i can say that the one i love the most is a silent voice but if you mean as a series i would say berserk. A silent voice is my favorite above all because it connected with me in some personal level and berserk i can say that the silent parts of the anime were when i could appreciate the story the most.

For watching anime i prefer to watch it alone because most of the time i watch it with headphones to hear everything the anime has to offer.

Again thanks for the welcome and i will probably check out your forum.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:39 am

Hey, welcome to the forums. Been awhile since someone new showed up!

Hope you stick around and enjoy your time here, I was also new to formus when I joined here and I've gotten a lot more use to it since then. Feel free to start any discussion or join in or anything, don't ever feel like you can't make a post, you're free to contribute as much as you want.

We also have a community watch along where multiple members of the community watch a show that's already complete 1 episode a day and talking about each episode as we go. At the moment we're in between watch alongs so there isn't one happening right now but a new one will start soon so you'll be able to take part in that if you want to.

cesarheg wrote:I can say that the one i love the most is a silent voice [...] A silent voice is my favorite above all because it connected with me in some personal level.

Hey, I'm the same way. I love silent voice and it had a profound effect on me and hit me very personally and close to home and really made me think about a lot of things and even change myself because of it. I don't think I'll ever to be to praise it enough for what it did for me.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

cesarheg
I Like Anime

Postby cesarheg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 am

Thank you for the welcome

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:06 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Also, lastly lastly: I have a forum game linked in my signature which I always thought was pretty fun. It's been stalled for a while now due to lack of participation, but feel free to check it out and see if it's something you'd be interested in. If so, you can go right ahead and continue the current round (the candidate to match is fullmetal-senpai's Chise Hatori).

Wow I'm really the last one. Huh.
Hey new guy or gal, have fun around here. I used to berate you with 20 questions but it's been a while and ive been drinking

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 am

cesarheg wrote:the one i love the most is a silent voice but if you mean as a series i would say berserk. A silent voice is my favorite above all because it connected with me in some personal level and berserk i can say that the silent parts of the anime were when i could appreciate the story the most.
That's cool to hear - having a fictional work like an anime resonate with you for personal reasons is always exciting (although I guess in some instances, it can be quite frightening, too). I've had a somewhat similar experience with how Anna in the movie When Marnie Was There is amazingly portrayed as an introverted person; I see quite a bit of myself in her reactions and mannerisms. That didn't happen to me with A Silent Voice, but it was a magnificent film regardless.

As for Berserk, unfortunately, that's a show I haven't seen as it doesn't correspond to my tastes at all. Although it's curious to hear you point out its calmer parts, specifically. When I think of Berserk (based on what I've heard about it), the image I have is extremely grim and more action-heavy, so I never contemplated what the more quiet scenes would look like.

cesarheg wrote:For watching anime i prefer to watch it alone because most of the time i watch it with headphones to hear everything the anime has to offer.
That's an answer I can get behind. I've had the occasional chance to watch anime movies (primarily Ghibli and Mamoru Hosoda ones) with 2 friends of mine, and even 1 full series which I recommended to them (Eden of the East). But that aside, there aren't any hardcore anime fans among the people I associate with.

However, I feel that most animes are best experienced by yourself so you can give them your full attention. At least that's what I usually do.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

cesarheg
I Like Anime

Postby cesarheg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Also, lastly lastly: I have a forum game linked in my signature which I always thought was pretty fun. It's been stalled for a while now due to lack of participation, but feel free to check it out and see if it's something you'd be interested in. If so, you can go right ahead and continue the current round (the candidate to match is fullmetal-senpai's Chise Hatori).

Wow I'm really the last one. Huh.
Hey new guy or gal, have fun around here. I used to berate you with 20 questions but it's been a while and ive been drinking

Hey, not problem do your 20 questions while drunk, it might be fun and probably i would answer them the same way haha