Yo!

Let us get to know you!
Tori
Super NEET II

Yo!

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi. I'm Tori. I've been an anime fan for about a year now, and I just recently found the Otaku Spirit podcast. I like psychologcal thrillers, but I'm not very picky when it comes to anime. I will watch anything that catches my eye. The only genre I don't really watch is the mecha genre. I just never got into it and have never really cared that much about getting into it. So yeah... anyways, nice to meet you :)
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: Yo!

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:22 pm

welcome tori

i hope you enjoy your time here

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Tori wrote:Hi. I'm Tori. I've been an anime fan for about a year now, and I just recently found the Otaku Spirit podcast. I like psychologcal thrillers, but I'm not very picky when it comes to anime. I will watch anything that catches my eye. The only genre I don't really watch is the mecha genre. I just never got into it and have never really cared that much about getting into it. So yeah... anyways, nice to meet you :)

Welcome to the Otaku Spirit community Tori! Thanks for giving our podcast a listen and we hope you enjoy it.

Curious question though, my brother and I could be known for not being into mecha anime, but we actually define it as shows that have mecha as its central theme. Do you like shows where mecha isn't the focus like Code Geass, Aldnoah.Zero, Gargantia, Escaflowne, or maybe even Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Andrew wrote:
Curious question though, my brother and I could be known for not being into mecha anime, but we actually define it as shows that have mecha as its central theme. Do you like shows where mecha isn't the focus like Code Geass, Aldnoah.Zero, Gargantia, Escaflowne, or maybe even Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Yes I do. I loved Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I'm really enjoying Aldnoah.Zero. I guess our definition of mechas are the same. I don't like the whole "mech fan service" for lack of a better word. But I do enjoy mech shows that only happens to have mechs in them, but has it's main focus on something else.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Tori wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Yes I do. I loved Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I'm really enjoying Aldnoah.Zero. I guess our definition of mechas are the same. I don't like the whole "mech fan service" for lack of a better word. But I do enjoy mech shows that only happens to have mechs in them, but has it's main focus on something else.

Yes! Tools maybe, but that's all. Though evangelions were a crucial part to the plot of NGE, it was so well done and they weren't just robots.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Andrew wrote:Yes! Tools maybe, but that's all. Though evangelions were a crucial part to the plot of NGE, it was so well done and they weren't just robots.

I remember that! I was not expecting that at all, even if they had hinted at it many times before haha
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I propose we make a new genre. Mecha that is not focused on mecha. But what will we call it?

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 pm

SapphireWolf wrote:I propose we make a new genre. Mecha that is not focused on mecha. But what will we call it?

^This needs to be a thing. It would make it a lot easier to filter out the "good" mech shows.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Lolita
Forum Loli

Postby Lolita » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Welcome to the forum, glad to see another new member!!!! YAY !~~~~~ ZOOM

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm