Yo!

Let us get to know you!
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Yo!

Postby Andrew » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:43 pm

I think I'd go with lying on my back and doing a crunches like kick at the door. Despite what movies have us believe, doing a frontal flat heel kick is really difficult with enough power. Sucks to hear about your ribs though Tori. Hope for quick recovery! (and a crowbar under the sink from now on)

PS. Happy to see your personal thread has turned into a "how to escape from your bathroom" thread :P No thanks in part to me.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Andrew wrote:I think I'd go with lying on my back and doing a crunches like kick at the door. Despite what movies have us believe, doing a frontal flat heel kick is really difficult with enough power. Sucks to hear about your ribs though Tori. Hope for quick recovery! (and a crowbar under the sink from now on)

Thanks.
Funny story. I actually got a crowbar as a christmas gift from my uncle. Now I will never be trapped again :lol:

Andrew wrote:PS. Happy to see your personal thread has turned into a "how to escape from your bathroom" thread :P No thanks in part to me.

I do what I can ;)
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:07 pm

I just watched a video about "moe" that really made me rethink the way I look at shows that have what I would concider "moe" in it and the way I critique it. Even as recently as this season with AOKANA I've fallen in the trap of taking the easy way out by justifying my reason for not liking it simply for being "moe".

Here is the video:
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Tori wrote: Even as recently as this season with AOKANA I've fallen in the trap of taking the easy way out by justifying my reason for not liking it simply for being "moe".

Love the moe. Watch the moe. Live the moe. Breath the moe. BE THE MOE. ::blush::

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Love the moe. Watch the moe. Live the moe. Breath the moe. BE THE MOE. ::blush::

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Tori wrote:I just watched a video about "moe" that really made me rethink the way I look at shows that have what I would concider "moe" in it and the way I critique it. Even as recently as this season with AOKANA I've fallen in the trap of taking the easy way out by justifying my reason for not liking it simply for being "moe".

Here is the video:
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Pretty cool video, but I have to point out that he really loves to claim people shouldn't use broad terms while also doing that several times in a span of a few minutes.

Anyhow, glad to see you have a desire to broaden your critiquing methods :)
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:58 am

Andrew wrote:Pretty cool video, but I have to point out that he really loves to claim people shouldn't use broad terms while also doing that several times in a span of a few minutes.

Oh he absolutely does. It's more the general idea in that video that resonated with me.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 pm

29th of January 2016 will be marked as the saddest day in my life so far. In the morning hours my grandfather passed away. He'd been very sick for a while now, so it did not come as a surprise, but it's still pretty hard to accept when it actually happens.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Tori wrote:29th of January 2016 will be marked as the saddest day in my life so far. In the morning hours my grandfather passed away. He'd been very sick for a while now, so it did not come as a surprise, but it's still pretty hard to accept when it actually happens.

I'm sorry to hear that man! My thoughts are with you guys.

almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime

Postby almightyhiki » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Tori wrote:29th of January 2016 will be marked as the saddest day in my life so far. In the morning hours my grandfather passed away. He'd been very sick for a while now, so it did not come as a surprise, but it's still pretty hard to accept when it actually happens.

I am saddened by the news of your loss. My condolences to you and your family, my friend.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki