Mic Check...1...2...

Let us get to know you!
GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Re: Mic Check...1...2...

Postby GamerColyn117 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 am

Kenshin Shinta wrote:poi

Please no, Sir Kenshin. We don't want to kill the poor man. I can agree that the lineup you have provided is indeed a feels destruction, but no one should ever watch them all in a row like that. There must be kawaii or super violent breaks inbetween some of those, or else we run into another yandere war type of incident...I don't think we can take another battle of that magnitude right now.
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Giant_Robot_Hug
I Bleed Anime

Postby Giant_Robot_Hug » Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

Kenshin Shinta wrote:
Lol. If you really want to cry watch Anohana, Clannad, Angel Beats, and Air. But mostly Anohana. MadGunner will most certainly agree with that.
Ok guys I was trying to go easy but the gloves are coming off the shelf for tears. I have a depression run but this is my "Shattered Heart"run. Many others have tried this and none spoke to me for weeks. This list could go to long but here goes, if you really want to cry(don't attempt if you're really emotional to start with)
0. Shattered Angels(the warm up)
1. Ef~A Tale Of Memories/Melodies
2. Wolf's Rain
3. True Tears
4. Sola
5. 5 Centimeters Per Second
6. Saikano
7. Rahxephon(the breaking)
8. Little Busters/Refrain
9. Grave of the Fireflies
10. Kanon
11.Samurai X
12. Angel Beats (the shattering)
13. Rumbling Hearts
14. Air
15. Anohana
16.Clannad/Afterstory(emptiness/loss of awareness)
I'm Sorry...... :cry: -Kenshin

Awesome list! I still have not watched about half of these and ill have to give them a look. I tend to enjoy the shows that are bitter sweet or bring tears of joy, because they at least give you something to be happy about. Grave of the Fireflies, while I recognize it as a beautiful work of art, was just far too depressing for me. I literally spent the next 24 hours depressed after watching that movie.

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Fri May 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Kenshin Shinta wrote:Ok guys I was trying to go easy but the gloves are coming off the shelf for tears. I have a depression run but this is my "Shattered Heart"run. Many others have tried this and none spoke to me for weeks. This list could go to long but here goes, if you really want to cry(don't attempt if you're really emotional to start with)
2. Wolf's Rain
3. True Tears
4. Sola
6. Saikano
10. Kanon
11.Samurai X
13. Rumbling Hearts
14. Air
15. Anohana

Glad to see that Clannad was the finisher. My day has been made.
Might try this out over the summer. Not gunna lie though, im kinda scared :?

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Sat May 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi :D new members are always great, welcome to the forums and hope to see you around, hope you have a great time here and what's your avatar from it look interesting anyway welcome.

Giant_Robot_Hug
I Bleed Anime

Postby Giant_Robot_Hug » Sat May 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Star-K wrote:Hi :D new members are always great, welcome to the forums and hope to see you around, hope you have a great time here and what's your avatar from it look interesting anyway welcome.

Thank you. happy to be here! My avatar is Gokou Ruri in one of her various costumes. I love your avatar. Yuno's mail slot scene is one of my favorite moments in all of anime.

Kenshin Shinta
I Love Anime

Postby Kenshin Shinta » Sat May 16, 2015 5:43 pm

GamerColyn117 wrote:
Kenshin Shinta wrote:poi

Please no, Sir Kenshin. We don't want to kill the poor man. I can agree that the lineup you have provided is indeed a feels destruction, but no one should ever watch them all in a row like that. There must be kawaii or super violent breaks inbetween some of those, or else we run into another yandere war type of incident...I don't think we can take another battle of that magnitude right now.

GamerColyn117 you are correct.
I get about 2 weeks off at my job at the end of every year, known as the "shut down" so I watched this list to completion(but only once). I was in pretty bad shape for about a week, thinking back and although it should be by now......it's still not funny. And this my friend is why you veterans come in handy sound advice. :P
And no-one wants war. -Kenshin
"l feel so blessed to have been born into this world. To be able to love you"
- Aoi-chan
"The fact that i met you. And that you're my fiance. Is the only saving grace of my birth". - Kaoru-samaImage Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Kenshin Shinta
I Love Anime

Postby Kenshin Shinta » Sat May 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:
Kenshin Shinta wrote:
Lol. If you really want to cry watch Anohana, Clannad, Angel Beats, and Air. But mostly Anohana. MadGunner will most certainly agree with that.
Ok guys I was trying to go easy but the gloves are coming off the shelf for tears. I have a depression run but this is my "Shattered Heart"run. Many others have tried this and none spoke to me for weeks. This list could go to long but here goes, if you really want to cry(don't attempt if you're really emotional to start with)
2. Wolf's Rain
3. True Tears
4. Sola
6. Saikano
10. Kanon
11.Samurai X
13. Rumbling Hearts
14. Air
15. Anohana

Awesome list! I still have not watched about half of these and ill have to give them a look. I tend to enjoy the shows that are bitter sweet or bring tears of joy, because they at least give you something to be happy about. Grave of the Fireflies, while I recognize it as a beautiful work of art, was just far too depressing for me. I literally spent the next 24 hours depressed after watching that movie.
You're right, I actually could have and do use Grave of the Fireflies on my Depression List. In my opinion that title works on either one. The best Happy or Bitter-Sweet ending on that list is Rumbling Hearts no spoilers. A choice has to be made and whichever character/characters you like or identify with plus your own life experiences(if you have any) will ultimately decided your feelings about said choice. It's been years and my friends and I still argue(in a good way) about the decision and ending.
This was based off a visual novel like Clannad, Kanon, Air, and Little Busters. Don't watch them all in a row if believe that to be too much.
-Kenshin
- Aoi-chan
"The fact that i met you. And that you're my fiance. Is the only saving grace of my birth". - Kaoru-samaImage Image

Kenshin Shinta
I Love Anime

Postby Kenshin Shinta » Sat May 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Glad to see that Clannad was the finisher. My day has been made.
Might try this out over the summer. Not gunna lie though, im kinda scared :?
I believe Clannad/Afterstory with maybe the exception of Grave of the Fireflies had more sad moments throughout the shows entirety. The reason I have never been able to put Clannad as my number 1 is it was given more episodes so to be fair I've tried to look at the most powerful emotional moments in each show, I must say (without any streaming knowledge of newer or other shows)
Air(3), Anohana(2),Clannad(3), Clannad Afterstory(4), Angel Beats(2)
Rumbling Hearts(2), and Kannon(2) are all pretty strong contenders if you look at from that prospective. Furthermore, the top three(maybe because I'm a man) Air(the goal walk, Rumbling Hearts(mayal's goodbye), and Clannad Afterstory with Afterstory having arguably one the greatest if not thee greatest emotional scene("sunflower scene") in video media ever. :!: *disclaimer this view does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the members of Otaku Spirit* :idea: -Kenshin
- Aoi-chan

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sat May 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:Awesome list! I still have not watched about half of these and ill have to give them a look. I tend to enjoy the shows that are bitter sweet or bring tears of joy, because they at least give you something to be happy about. Grave of the Fireflies, while I recognize it as a beautiful work of art, was just far too depressing for me. I literally spent the next 24 hours depressed after watching that movie.

I have not been able to watch "Grave of the Fireflies" again, it was too shattering. It joins the ranks of Fellini's "La Strada" as movies I love that I can't bring myself to watch again.

Giant_Robot_Hug
I Bleed Anime

Postby Giant_Robot_Hug » Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Kenshin Shinta wrote:Beep

I really need to watch Clannad, I keep hearing things that make me think it would be the perfect show for me. I know who I will need to talk to when I feel like pumping out the tears though, you seem to know your stuff when it comes to the emotional side of anime. :D