Fate grand order

Gamers paradise!
fragoff
I Love Anime

Re: Fate grand order

Postby fragoff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am

Andrew wrote:Point is that everything we spend money on is trivial. Figurines pvc eventually bleed and fall apart, movie discs data decay, cars rust, but if you get enjoyment from it then it doesn't really matter. It's more than a digital card, it's raising them, maxing them, fighting encounters, just like digital sprites in a random JRPG you buy for $60 just to complete and throw on a shelf.

::peace::

Of course your point of view is totaly valid and i can only agree with you. I explained it wrong.
When you buy beer, car or figurine, you get what you pay for. I have never been against pay to win or pay for digital stuff games. My understanding on this is exactly like yours.

But the type of games like fate doesn't sell you saber. It sell you the hope of getting her. Even more pushy, they advertise events and packages as your way to get her. Spend x amount of money to get x chance of getting your favorite carracter. You will make your dreams come true.
What they don't tell you are the chances of getting it.
They play on your deceptions and hopes to get you to spend even more. Its a trap and a terrible one at that.
Those types of games are the perfect psycological levers to create the basic gambling addiction.
You don't get what you pay for. You are willingly getting scamed. And who likes to spend his money and enjoy it for a scam?

I hope i was 'clearer' this time. Far from my intention to tell you what you spend your money on for enjoyement. I am a 100% on the same line as you on this. Sadly, Fate and all of those types of 'games' are gambling pits passing for games. Nasty difference.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 am

fragoff wrote: ::peace::

I think everyone in this thread is well aware of that. But appreciate your concern. For me, I'm just putting what I think they deserve. I don't expect this game translated for free, nor do I expect the servers I access 500 times a day to continue running without money.

Would I like it if it didn't have such low chances, sure. Do I get angry when I throw $80 and get nothing I want, sure. That's also the nature of the beast of mobile games sadly. They don't make money unless you have bad luck, have spare money, and are stubborn as hell (like me). But at the same time, tons of people play just fine without paying and there's quite a few events that give guarantees to supplement those. Plus, my choice to spend money on it is my own decision, and not the game's doing.

Edit: Also few random things to answer from your post. They do tell you your chances of getting your card. This was forced to be done by the Chinese government that requires gacha to list percentage chances. 5* is literally 1%, so there's no hiding the obserd chance. Other point is that I think if you focus on enjoyment being strictly on getting the card you want, then you are definitely going to be miserable. Sure pulling a card is exciting but there's also tons of other things in the game.

Unlike drinking money away to pass it that night, I get to enjoy what I throw money at daily. Even if it's messing with a card I didn't want over the one I wanted. So the analogy still kind of holds true. It's entertainment.

Sorry for the long post again, and again I appreciate your concern.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

onibaka
I Like Anime

Postby onibaka » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:48 pm

fragoff wrote:But the type of games like fate doesn't sell you saber. It sell you the hope of getting her. Even more pushy, they advertise events and packages as your way to get her. Spend x amount of money to get x chance of getting your favorite carracter. You will make your dreams come true.
What they don't tell you are the chances of getting it.
They play on your deceptions and hopes to get you to spend even more. Its a trap and a terrible one at that.
Those types of games are the perfect psycological levers to create the basic gambling addiction.
You don't get what you pay for. You are willingly getting scamed. And who likes to spend his money and enjoy it for a scam?

I wouldn't call it a "scam" as i don't think anyone is under the delusion of what we're getting into especially with FGO notorious salt making Gacha. Also you don't have to spend money on the game, In fact there's a large f2p player base for FGO, who saves up their quartz and only roll on a servant they really want.

Its a disservice to call it a "gambling pits passing for game" considering you don't have to pay anything to enjoy most of the content. And while the Gacha is a major factor to the game by no mean is it the only thing we play the game for. Many love the Type-moon crossover events, the character development of the servants in each new singularity, pushing the limits of your team in the challenge quests and lastly the story line of the game, cause it actually has one.
FGO NA - 121,005,529 - GudaGuda
FGO JAP - 365,985,492 - Ahnenerbe

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 am

Couple days away from Gudaguda event! Anyone else dropping quartz for Okita?

There's a bonus for using certain servants this time around, so I started ascending a few of my crappy servants that get some small percentage, in case they as backups have to fight. Wondering if people will want me to put them in my support?

Okita is a given, if I get her. But more curious of crappy 2-3 stars.

michelous
Crazy About Anime

Postby michelous » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Andrew wrote:Couple days away from Gudaguda event! Anyone else dropping quartz for Okita?

There's a bonus for using certain servants this time around, so I started ascending a few of my crappy servants that get some small percentage, in case they as backups have to fight. Wondering if people will want me to put them in my support?

Saving up quartz and summon tickets for her

Companion Kyuubey
I Love Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:01 am

Andrew wrote:Couple days away from Gudaguda event! Anyone else dropping quartz for Okita?

I've been waiting for Okita to show up for a long time. She is one of the very few characters I bought a figure of without knowing anything about them. I'm ready to throw down (too much) money to get her if need be, but I do have about 160 quartz so maybe I'll get lucky.

Looking at the enemies for this event, they don't look particularly difficult and we may be able to get away with not using our premier units. I was thinking about putting EMIYA as a support character, but I figure a lot of people have better ones and they're better off just using those. I'm in the same boat as you, Andrew. I didn't really use any of these bonus-giving characters so far and they are all going to be about ascension 2 and I'm going to wing it. Let's just hope we both get Okita first day and reap all the rewards ::yess::
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:23 am

Currently stacking up EXP cards. Second archive full of Saber Exp cards.

I wish second archive was bigger, can’t even store enough cards to max a single servant lol....

I sadly do not have Emiya, just the 2-3 Star Servants. Hopefully I’ll get him along with Okita.

It starts tomorrow!! Prepare the salt.

Companion Kyuubey
I Love Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

I've got almost 80 saber Exp cards saved up in anticipation of Okita.

Companion Kyuubey
I Love Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:49 am

I got my Okita Souji in my 5th roll! I was thrilled because that was the last roll I could do with the quartz I had added previously (no need to add more with $$$). I got her to level 62. Hopefully she'll be fully ascended by the end of this event.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Good news is, I got Okita. Bad news is I spent a bit to get her. Got Emiya as well and some NP ups on some other Servants too so it’s not a total waste. Was kind of hoping for a Waver, Nero, or Alter to pop while whaling, but think I’m doomed to never get them.

I was also on my last before another purchase so I’m happy about that. Generally I get them on next roll after purchase. When I seen the gold saber card I seriously looked away and couldn’t bare to look haha. Was just waiting for a troll.

I pushed hard for her because I love quick builds and she’s awesome for that. Can’t wait to use her with Mary Reed and later Jack.

Managed to get her to 80 with all my exp cards and still need some gears to go to 90. Also... with all the crap 3* I got, I got enough mana to buy her up most of her Fou stat boosting.