What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby fragoff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 am

BlueSpark wrote:
fragoff wrote:Let me start by saying this: if you did not play 'To the moon', you probably missed one of the best game of the past 20 years. The story would have teared you appart.
You just sold me on this title, fragoff. Thanks for the lengthy post - that's what ultimately convinced me to look it up :). The high amount of positive user reviews on Steam bolsters your assessment. I'll look into the other 2 games afterwards.

I'll definitly wait your comeback on it. Hope you get the 4 hours experience of your life like i did. prepare lots of tissue.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Getting away from to the moon, i started playing They are billions on steam.
Pretty nice retro rts feel 'a la starcraft' with a wave timer. It is quite hard, especialy when you realise that one enemy sliping through your defenses is a garantied cascading defeat. Lots of fun.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:38 am

My shame as no limits! I am back on minecraft playing the blightfall scenario from the thechnic team. Having a blast.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 am

Looks like I haven't posted here in a while. I've been on a Borderlands trip for the last couple of weeks - playing through The Pre-Sequel with the 2 and a half characters I hadn't before, briefly stopping by the first game of the franchise to round out my 2nd playthrough with Lilith, and now I'm back to Borderlands 2 (which, at some point in the past, deleted all my savegames - darn you, Steam Cloud!). Fun times overall, though the difficulty in some parts can be frustrating.

Side note: Pre-Sequel Fragtrap specced for explosive damage is truly a blast (Believe it or not, that lame pun was not intended until I put the words together ::sigh::)!

To the Moon is still on my radar, of course.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Lulink
I Like Anime

Postby Lulink » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:05 am

I'm currently playing a Fire Emblem game for the very first time: it's Conquest on 3DS and I'm having a blast. I never paid much attention to tactical RPGs and strategy games but a friend of mine got me to try it out and now I can almost call myself a Fire Emblem fan.
One day I discovered that 2 of my friends got into anime. This was the last day before the rest of my life.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 am

By recommendation from a colleague at work, I bought Prey last week. It's a first-person shooter of sorts, with a lesser emphasis on running and gunning and more cunning (hah! dem rhymes!) to overcome your foes. The atmosphere is reminiscent of BioShock, as is the multitude of items in lockers, drawers and containers of all other sorts. Which is great in my book - I love exploring and looting :). Also similar is the way you can customize your character via weapon upgrades and unlocking various skills. Sneaky shotgun attacks and electroshock powers are my tools of choice for this 1st playthrough, although it's easy to branch out and include other proficiencies and abilities into your kit.

In my estimation, I should be about 2/3 through the game by now. And I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's been a while since I've played a new campaign shooter.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:47 am

For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been back on a Diablo 3 trip. My old level 70 characters and some decent equipment were waiting for me, but I also bought the new character pack and played through the campaign with the Necromancer. After that, I started loot runs (which is what the game essentially boils down to at the later stages). There have been a number of neat changes to make life easier for the player since I last touched Diablo 3. Now I've got both a Barbarian and a Demon Hunter build which can brave the Torment 13 difficulty without too much trouble.

I can already start to feel myself getting kind of burnt out on the game, though. So I'll probably switch to something else soon. To the Moon is still glancing at me from my Steam pile of shame.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 pm

BlueSpark wrote: To the Moon is still glancing at me from my Steam pile of shame.

It's a 4h long game. DO IT! Do iiitttttt! you know you want to doooooo it! do it. do it. do it. do it...dooooooo....iiiiiittttttttt. (voice of M.Brooks' 'friend', for those who know the movie reference).

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 am

BlueSpark wrote: To the Moon is still glancing at me from my Steam pile of shame.

If you play it within a week, and don't like the experience at all (beside the retro design, of course) i'll buy you a 40$ game of your choice.
You have one week!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:13 am

fragoff wrote:DO IT! Do iiitttttt! you know you want to doooooo it! do it. do it. do it. do it...dooooooo....iiiiiittttttttt.
... aaand done. Wow, that was one amazing story. Wanted to finish it in one sitting, but I took quite a bit more than 4 hours, so I had to make it 2 sessions.

I was a bit surprised that it didn't jerk many tears out of me; I got pretty close during John and River's first (earliest) meeting, and then I did cry a little when she unexpectedly (at least for me) entered the door. And during the final scene when she offered her hand to him :>.

Overall, though, it was quite gripping and touching. Not to mention the comedic beats fit in snugly. Now I almost feel like I have to replay it just to catch all the little details and connections...

I'll be sure to check out the sequels / related games. A Bird's Story and Finding Paradise, right?