Gamers paradise!
Star-K
Anime Junky

Re: Overwatch Discussion

Postby Star-K » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Logan wrote:
Star-K wrote:100 Loot Boxes
::shocked::
Pro tip: Loot boxes that you get before an event cannot be used to get event skins and all that :(

Mythbustman
I Like Anime

Postby Mythbustman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Star-K wrote:
Logan wrote:
Star-K wrote:100 Loot Boxes
Pro tip: Loot boxes that you get before an event cannot be used to get event skins and all that :(

Yea lol, I was about to say that to
you. You can only get event items from event loot boxes, which you can only get during the events. Also the items in the loot boxes are determined the moment you GET the loot boxes, not when you open them.

justaguy1253
Crazy About Anime

Postby justaguy1253 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:03 pm

I fully admit to being a Tracer, Genji and Torb main I hope that isn't a problem

My waifu collection is
Rikka-Love Chunibyo and other delusions
Asuna-Sword Art Online
Sinon-Sword Art Online
Inaba-Chan-Kokoro Connect

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

The Uprising Event is awesome, I love the added story and campaign, the new skins are amazing, I want all the Blackwatch skins especially Widowmakers skin, oh man I bought 20 loot boxes and only got Tracers Legendary Skin which is good but I was hoping for more.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 am

Ah... I certainly spent my share of hours playing Overwatch in 2016. Then, right before christmas, my graphics card went on the fritz (which thankfully wasn't a big deal because I'd been planning to upgrade my hardware anyway). For some reason, after I built my new rig, I was lacking motivation to get back into the game - Fallout 4 eats way too much time :/.

I used to play D.va as my main character, but down the line, I turned into a Mercy main. If your team is working with you, flying back and forth to confuse your enemies is so much fun :). Once I became proficient at using Guardian Angel, I wasn't even afraid of Genjis any more - they just couldn't reach me.

I also bought 50 loot boxes each for the Olympics and Halloween events... Their business model got me good :P. Though I'd say it was money well spent, considerung the amount of time I invested in the game.
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:16 am

BlueSpark wrote:Ah... I certainly spent my share of hours playing Overwatch in 2016. Then, right before christmas, my graphics card went on the fritz (which thankfully wasn't a big deal because I'd been planning to upgrade my hardware anyway). For some reason, after I built my new rig, I was lacking motivation to get back into the game - Fallout 4 eats way too much time :/.

I used to play D.va as my main character, but down the line, I turned into a Mercy main. If your team is working with you, flying back and forth to confuse your enemies is so much fun :). Once I became proficient at using Guardian Angel, I wasn't even afraid of Genjis any more - they just couldn't reach me.

I also bought 50 loot boxes each for the Olympics and Halloween events... Their business model got me good :P. Though I'd say it was money well spent, considerung the amount of time I invested in the game.

If you ever do come back it is different from before, characters have had some changes, arcade has been changed alot, new characters and 4 new maps. So if you do come back feel free to share your experiences
::happy::

P.S. Oh My Gosh this is also really cute and I want one
P.P.S. Where is my D,va Nendroid?
::table::

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Tue May 23, 2017 5:25 pm

One Year of Overwatch
Oh man, the anniversary event is here and I am loving it.
The skins are hits and misses with me, there are some I love and some that are just meh, but I'm just happy to get new skins.
The new maps are fun, my favorite is the Black Forest, it looks so cool.
Last and certainly not least are the emotes, I love all of them, Mei is doing the hare hare yukai dance and it's just the best thing ever.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed May 24, 2017 5:01 am

I've started playing Overwatch again a couple of weeks ago, though I usually don't do more than 2-4 matches per day (I've got to keep playing Tales of Berseria, after all). Still mostly good fun, though I only play Quick Match and Mystery Heroes. One thing is for sure: No matter how much time passes, teammates trickling onto the control or capture point one by one will apparently always be a thing :/.

Star-K wrote:Mei is doing the hare hare yukai dance and it's just the best thing ever.
WHAT ::pff::? I've got to see that. I was so surprised when I found out that Ezreal in League of Legends does that iconic Haruhi dance, too. This sounds awesome :]. I haven't really checked out the new content yet since I don't particularly care about the other arcade game modes, and I'm not crazy about cosmetic items, either. But I'll be sure to at least give them a look now :D.

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 am

BlueSpark wrote:I've started playing Overwatch again a couple of weeks ago...

If you get around to checking out the anniversary stuff, let me know what you think, there's so much new things added and I want to hear a second opinion on them.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat May 27, 2017 11:14 am

I went through all of the skins and dance emotes today. I'm pleasantly surprised - at least the skins pretty much all look great to me :). The dances, I'm a bit more mixed on; I find Mercy's looks kind of dumb, so even though she's my main, I don't think I'll buy it.
But Reaper's dance takes the cake, hands down.

I also decided to do my placement matches to earn the end-of-season rewards. So I played all Thursday morning (a holiday in Germany) and won 8 out of 10... and was only ranked at 2420 :/. I guess your final ranking of the last season really is the deciding factor.
Edit: I should also note that I was matched against a lot of platinums and even some diamonds in my placements.