Persona Love

Gamers paradise!
User avatar
DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby DieSchlachten » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:09 pm

uhfkjasfkjwsnfkjsnf

Persona 5 has been bugging me for god knows how long.

I have my initial thoughts on Persona 3 and pitched a bit through my Youtube thing with some Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I am excited with P5 but it's been so long who knows at this point. I love P3 more than P4 but P4 has the better long term. Fire Emblem is the better series for sure....
Uhghg who can say?
Here is some TMS and P3 links from my youtube.... OS you are still the best ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8aso-41nc&index=4&list=PL9NTdhMWGLR0ihT9dCDLWDRB9T5JDB_ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqUWG8InVWY&index=1&list=PL9NTdhMWGLR0sL6D2Ci8MeMQVeoUtemwS
Image
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:18 pm

DieSchlachten wrote:uhfkjasfkjwsnfkjsnf

Persona 5 has been bugging me for god knows how long.

I have my initial thoughts on Persona 3 and pitched a bit through my Youtube thing with some Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I am excited with P5 but it's been so long who knows at this point. I love P3 more than P4 but P4 has the better long term. Fire Emblem is the better series for sure....
Uhghg who can say?
Here is some TMS and P3 links from my youtube.... OS you are still the best ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8aso-41nc&index=4&list=PL9NTdhMWGLR0ihT9dCDLWDRB9T5JDB_ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqUWG8InVWY&index=1&list=PL9NTdhMWGLR0sL6D2Ci8MeMQVeoUtemwS


I love basically everything about P3 except that the S.links seem a little flat for the most part and it isn't quite as polished as P4G but that's to be expected.
I think Tartarus is way sicker than Midnight Channel and I think the setting for P3 is cooler.
Ever since I was 10 I've lived in a shoddy little city/town in Indiana called Loogootee, it sucks and there's basically nothing to do and it takes about 5 minutes to blow through it.
So I relate alot to the cast of P4 being in a crummy little podunk town with nothing to do and really nowhere to go. So I always liked having that connection with the cast of P4, however I feel like the city in P3 is just more fun to be in than Inaba.

I feel that P4 has better characters and gameplay, but honestly the more I think about it the more I think I may prefer P3 over 4. Strictly for the setting, story, dungeon, and music. Plus P3P alleviated alot of P3 and FES's issues.
Which do you prefer and why?
Also have you ever played P3P?

User avatar
DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby DieSchlachten » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Skeith165 wrote:
DieSchlachten wrote:uhfkjasfkjwsnfkjsnf

Persona 5 has been bugging me for god knows how long.

I have my initial thoughts on Persona 3 and pitched a bit through my Youtube thing with some Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I am excited with P5 but it's been so long who knows at this point. I love P3 more than P4 but P4 has the better long term. Fire Emblem is the better series for sure....
Uhghg who can say?


I love basically everything about P3 except that the S.links seem a little flat for the most part and it isn't quite as polished as P4G but that's to be expected.
I think Tartarus is way sicker than Midnight Channel and I think the setting for P3 is cooler.
Ever since I was 10 I've lived in a shoddy little city/town in Indiana called Loogootee, it sucks and there's basically nothing to do and it takes about 5 minutes to blow through it.
So I relate alot to the cast of P4 being in a crummy little podunk town with nothing to do and really nowhere to go. So I always liked having that connection with the cast of P4, however I feel like the city in P3 is just more fun to be in than Inaba.

I feel that P4 has better characters and gameplay, but honestly the more I think about it the more I think I may prefer P3 over 4. Strictly for the setting, story, dungeon, and music. Plus P3P alleviated alot of P3 and FES's issues.
Which do you prefer and why?
Also have you ever played P3P?


I personally like P3 better and have never played the psp versions of the games.
I like it more due to the story and dungeons, plus the mechanic of shooting yourself in the head is so memorable. P4 has the more refined battle mechanics but the story there is longer lasting and expandable... or at least to me. Again, I just prefer P3 cause I think it's a better overall game and much more memorable.
Image
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 pm

DieSchlachten wrote:
I personally like P3 better and have never played the psp versions of the games.
I like it more due to the story and dungeons, plus the mechanic of shooting yourself in the head is so memorable. P4 has the more refined battle mechanics but the story there is longer lasting and expandable... or at least to me. Again, I just prefer P3 cause I think it's a better overall game and much more memorable.

P3P fixes a bunch of flaws from P3 in P3P you can command your team, the fusion system has all the improvements of P4G, and you can play a female protagonist. All of that was enough for me to want P3P. It is unfortunate that you don't get to wonder around the city in P3P though. Everything is set up like a visual novel instead.
I've played both and I think I prefer FeMc. Probably just because I like her attitude. She's really spunky and cheery as opposed to Minato being brooding and gloomy.
I do love the idea that Minato does all the S.link stuff solely for the power, and actually doesn't care at all about the people he's with. I think that theory is kind of awesome. I like Yu Narukami a lot as well. They did a great job making him an open book compared to Minato and Nagisa (FeMc) who seem to have pretty obvious archetypes.

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:09 pm

I just started playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin, that game is pretty awesome so far. I just finished the second dungeon though, so I'm not too far. I love the setup for the story, although it does seem a little strange seeing that people can just straight up bust out personas in the real world. Definitely going to take some getting used to. I thought this game would have aged a little worse, but the gameplay still feels pretty good.
Anybody out there play Persona 2? what do you guys think of it?

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Congratulations Europe! You actually getting one at the same time North America is. Hopefully this isn't just because it's Persona, and they make a regular thing outta this.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/09-1/persona-5-shares-makoto-ad-locks-down-european-release-date

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Heyo everybody! I just read that apparently Crunchyroll is going to be streaming the upcoming anime about Persona 5! So if anybody out there is interested it's starting tomorrow.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-persona5-the-animation-the-day-breakers-
To my knowledge the anime is strictly a prologue to the game, so as far as I know it won't have any spoilers for the game. I dunno about you all, but I'm looking forward to it! It's nice having anime about 2 of my favorite video game franchises going at once! (Danganronpa and Persona)
Anyone out there going to be checking this out?

User avatar
Ayuu
Otaku
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:34 am
Location: New York

Re: Persona Love

Postby Ayuu » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Skeith165 wrote:Heyo everybody! I just read that apparently Crunchyroll is going to be streaming the upcoming anime about Persona 5! So if anybody out there is interested it's starting tomorrow.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-persona5-the-animation-the-day-breakers-
To my knowledge the anime is strictly a prologue to the game, so as far as I know it won't have any spoilers for the game. I dunno about you all, but I'm looking forward to it! It's nice having anime about 2 of my favorite video game franchises going at once! (Danganronpa and Persona)
Anyone out there going to be checking this out?


I'm super hyped about this and will definitely be following it. =) I'm so glad crunchyroll picked it up. Haven't watched the first episode yet but it looks awesome. ^.^ I'll be back with thoughts soon as I watch it. ::happy::

User avatar
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Ayuu wrote:
Skeith165 wrote:Heyo everybody! I just read that apparently Crunchyroll is going to be streaming the upcoming anime about Persona 5! So if anybody out there is interested it's starting tomorrow.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-persona5-the-animation-the-day-breakers-
To my knowledge the anime is strictly a prologue to the game, so as far as I know it won't have any spoilers for the game. I dunno about you all, but I'm looking forward to it! It's nice having anime about 2 of my favorite video game franchises going at once! (Danganronpa and Persona)
Anyone out there going to be checking this out?


I'm super hyped about this and will definitely be following it. =) I'm so glad crunchyroll picked it up. Haven't watched the first episode yet but it looks awesome. ^.^ I'll be back with thoughts soon as I watch it. ::happy::

I watched it yesterday with my cousin, it's really cool. It raises a lot of questions as to how the world in the game works, its super interesting so far. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as well!

User avatar
Ayuu
Otaku
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:34 am
Location: New York

Re: Persona Love

Postby Ayuu » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:11 am

Watched episode 1 of the Persona 5 anime. That was super awesome. =D I love how we got slightly introduced to the characters and the world but only enough to get you wanting more. ::nosebleed::

Spoiler:
I'm guessing that last scene where he's locked up is going to be the first scene in the game? At that point you'll name your character, etc? I could be wrong but the wording sounded mighty similar to the start of Persona 4 from what I remember.

If the dungeons and abilities look anything like the stuff they were doing in the fight scenes I'll be beyond happy, I loved the use of blood and the way that their personas looked. ::happy::


Mann I can't waiiit!! So hyped. >w<