Persona Love

Gamers paradise!
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:51 pm

New S.Links! (still too lazy to post individual links)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/19/persona-5-trailers-introduce-three-more-confidants
Hifumi seems cool, Probably going to need to pump up your knowledge stat to start her Link, if I had to guess.
Sadayo looks awesome! I love her design and I like her trailer the best out of any of them so far. She seems really cool.
I dunno how I feel about Toranosuke. I feel like he'll be the S.Link that I just don't care about at all. I could be wrong, but there always seems to be one in these games that never click with me. Devil arcana in P3 (Tanaka) and P4 Moon arcana (Ai Ebihara)
They look great though, can't wait!

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Skeith165 wrote:New S.Links! (still too lazy to post individual links)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/19/persona-5-trailers-introduce-three-more-confidants
Hifumi seems cool, Probably going to need to pump up your knowledge stat to start her Link, if I had to guess.
Sadayo looks awesome! I love her design and I like her trailer the best out of any of them so far. She seems really cool.
I dunno how I feel about Toranosuke. I feel like he'll be the S.Link that I just don't care about at all. I could be wrong, but there always seems to be one in these games that never click with me. Devil arcana in P3 (Tanaka) and P4 Moon arcana (Ai Ebihara)
They look great though, can't wait!

Awwesome!!~~ can't wait to get more on Hifumi and Sadayo, I love both of their designs. <3 Hopefully they let us hook up with Sadayo. ::mischief::

I'll probably be ignoring Toranosuke...as you said there are usually a few s-links per game that I just don't care to engage and I'm fairly certain he's going to be one of those...

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Here's another set of new S.Links
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/01/26/persona-5-english-trailers-feature-more-helpful-confidants
Shinya seems like he might be kind of annoying, kinda like Ken from P3P, but he may be alright. Even with his tacky "GET SMOKED" hat lol.

Ichiko is pretty cool, I like her design and every game needs a drunk for an S.Link, so I guess she fits the bill. Her perk I guess for helping her seems pretty useful also. Lowering security sounds pretty nice especially if you want to avoid grinding. (Assuming that's how it works)

Chihaya also looks neat. I thought she was a hippy when I saw her picture. Wasn't expecting her to be a fortune teller. It seems like she's taking the place of the shrines from P3 and P4, since she can " add useful buffs like increasing the growth rate of a social stat or deepening a bond with a specific confidant." Sounds odd, but I can't wait to see how it plays out!

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 pm

phpBB [video]

Yo, Igor sounds really scary in this game lol.
Side note I like how fusing Personae is putting them in a guillotine. It's fitting for the theme, but pretty brutal. Also it looks like you can turn them into items now, so that's cool. I like the twins, I doubt that I'll love them as much as Margaret, but time will tell.

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:50 pm

I, as well, can't wait for Persona 5. Even though I've only played 3 and 4, Persona is definitely one of my all-time favorite series. I was devastated when they delayed it too April. ::anger::

I was wondering who are your guy's favorite characters? So, I'll give my top 10 list of characters. *Can be ANY character in the series.

1) Mitsuru - My thing for bad-@ss red-heads mixed in with intelligence makes her #1.
2) Yukiko - Best girl in 4!
3) Persona 3 Protagonist - This freaking guy is cool. Just look at the way he walks in the game - 100% Kewl
4) Kanji - My kami-sama. This guy grew on me. So funny and complex.
5) Aigis - Robot love - kawaii. Aigis had a great story. Had me ignoring others to complete both Mitsuru's and Aigis's social links in time.
6) Marie - My creative mind just connected with the bad poetry in Marie's soul.
7) Naoto - Another intelligent character I enjoyed following.
8) Teddie - Eye rolling fun. He just left you saying, "Oh Teddy."
9) Akihiko - I like Akihiko's determination and stoic nature.
10) Rise - A little over*bear*ing. (Just for Teddy) However, Her lost personality struck a "I need to help her" cord.

Seriously, Persona 5 can't get here soon enough!

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:59 pm

ATM-senpai wrote:I, as well, can't wait for Persona 5. Even though I've only played 3 and 4, Persona is definitely one of my all-time favorite series. I was devastated when they delayed it too April. ::anger::

I was wondering who are your guy's favorite characters? So, I'll give my top 10 list of characters. *Can be ANY character in the series.

1) Mitsuru - My thing for bad-@ss red-heads mixed in with intelligence makes her #1.
2) Yukiko - Best girl in 4!
3) Persona 3 Protagonist - This freaking guy is cool. Just look at the way he walks in the game - 100% Kewl
4) Kanji - My kami-sama. This guy grew on me. So funny and complex.
5) Aigis - Robot love - kawaii. Aigis had a great story. Had me ignoring others to complete both Mitsuru's and Aigis's social links in time.
6) Marie - My creative mind just connected with the bad poetry in Marie's soul.
7) Naoto - Another intelligent character I enjoyed following.
8) Teddie - Eye rolling fun. He just left you saying, "Oh Teddy."
9) Akihiko - I like Akihiko's determination and stoic nature.
10) Rise - A little over*bear*ing. (Just for Teddy) However, Her lost personality struck a "I need to help her" cord.

Seriously, Persona 5 can't get here soon enough!

Oh snap, puttin me on the spot here, but I'll try and make a list.
I don't know if I could ever order them in a particular way since I love them so much, so I'll just list some.
(I won't be spoiling anything btw. For anyone who's afraid of that. If I do I'll tag it.)

Kanji - I love how much he grows as a character throughout the game. He's funny and really kind at heart. I just think they did a fantastic job in making me empathize with him.

Chie - I seriously loved everything about Chie's story. Her determination to make her own path made her story a really awesome thing to be a part of.

Rise - I picked her as my love interest on my first playthrough. Mainly because I loved her design, but after doing a few of her S.Links I really like the way they portrayed her struggle to differentiate herself from her stage alter ego.

Ryotaro Dojima - I absolutely loved doing Dojima's S.Links.
Spoiler:
Seeing him grow from a person who thought only of catching his wife's killer, to a man who prioritizes his family (namely his daughter) over everything else, and accepting the responsibility he has as a father was an incredibly touching and well written series of events. Also becoming recognized as a full fledged member of the Dojima house hold felt like an honor after how strict he comes off at first.

Nanako Dojima - For a similar reason I loved Ryotaro's story so much, I also love Nanako's.
Spoiler:
Helping her overcome the difficulties of losing her mother at such a young age and having a father who barely comes home, or spends time with her, made me feel incredibly connected to her. Seeing her grow and accept her father for who he is, but also telling him how she feels instead of holding it in was a really compelling story to me. Earning the title of "Big Bro" not only in her eyes, but in the eyes of her father as well felt really special.

I'm gonna move on to P3 characters, because I'm slowly realizing that I'll go on forever with every character and why I think they are awesome. The Dojim'a are probably my favorite in P4 though.

I haven't actually done a full 100% run in P3 yet, so my knowledge of some of the social links is either little or non-existent.

Mitsuru - As you said she's a smart and hot redhead with a fairly interesting story. I always got a kick outta taking her to someplace like a low-class ramen shop and teaching her how to act casual.

Minato(Protagonist)/Nagisa(Female protagonist) - I guess I'll combine these since they are essentially the same, just polar opposites...lemme explain lol. Minato is gloomy, brooding, quiet, calm, and almost seems like he genuinely doesn't care about the people he's with sometimes. That may sound like reasons to not like him, but I actually love they way he is portrayed in the story. His attitude very much appeals to the tone of the game. Everything seems hopeless at many points in the story and Minato also seems to have lost hope in the world sometimes. I also happen to be one of the people who likes the idea that he only does S.Links to gain power and is faking any actual feelings for anyone. Him seeing his "friends" as a means to an end actually makes the game take on a wholly different tone when you're outside of Tartarus.

Nagisa, on the other hand is happy, energetic, loud, caring, and very open about herself to the people around her. If I love Minato for the way he matches the tone of the game perfectly, it could be said I love Nagisa because she fully goes against the tone in everything she says/does. She is quick to embrace people and always finds a positive way to look at many of the situations presented in the story.

Unfortunatley I have never thought P3 has particularly great characters. They all seem to hover between "really good" and "Why?". That being said most of them have their own charm. They just don't hold a candle to gao near the entire cast of P4/P4G

Needless to say I would put the Protagonists as my top in P3. I wish I could say the same for Yu in P4, but they intentionally made him such a hard to read blank slate that it's hard to say whether he has any character at all apart from your direct input. Not saying that's a bad thing, I just mean that he is the perfect self-insert.

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Skeith165 wrote:
ATM-senpai wrote:
Oh snap, puttin me on the spot here, but I'll try and make a list.
I don't know if I could ever order them in a particular way since I love them so much, so I'll just list some.
(I won't be spoiling anything btw. For anyone who's afraid of that. If I do I'll tag it.)

Kanji - I love how much he grows as a character throughout the game. He's funny and really kind at heart. I just think they did a fantastic job in making me empathize with him.

Chie - I seriously loved everything about Chie's story. Her determination to make her own path made her story a really awesome thing to be a part of.

Rise - I picked her as my love interest on my first playthrough. Mainly because I loved her design, but after doing a few of her S.Links I really like the way they portrayed her struggle to differentiate herself from her stage alter ego.

Ryotaro Dojima - I absolutely loved doing Dojima's S.Links.
Spoiler:
Seeing him grow from a person who thought only of catching his wife's killer, to a man who prioritizes his family (namely his daughter) over everything else, and accepting the responsibility he has as a father was an incredibly touching and well written series of events. Also becoming recognized as a full fledged member of the Dojima house hold felt like an honor after how strict he comes off at first.

Nanako Dojima - For a similar reason I loved Ryotaro's story so much, I also love Nanako's.
Spoiler:
Helping her overcome the difficulties of losing her mother at such a young age and having a father who barely comes home, or spends time with her, made me feel incredibly connected to her. Seeing her grow and accept her father for who he is, but also telling him how she feels instead of holding it in was a really compelling story to me. Earning the title of "Big Bro" not only in her eyes, but in the eyes of her father as well felt really special.

I'm gonna move on to P3 characters, because I'm slowly realizing that I'll go on forever with every character and why I think they are awesome. The Dojim'a are probably my favorite in P4 though.

I haven't actually done a full 100% run in P3 yet, so my knowledge of some of the social links is either little or non-existent.

Mitsuru - As you said she's a smart and hot redhead with a fairly interesting story. I always got a kick outta taking her to someplace like a low-class ramen shop and teaching her how to act casual.

Minato(Protagonist)/Nagisa(Female protagonist) - I guess I'll combine these since they are essentially the same, just polar opposites...lemme explain lol. Minato is gloomy, brooding, quiet, calm, and almost seems like he genuinely doesn't care about the people he's with sometimes. That may sound like reasons to not like him, but I actually love they way he is portrayed in the story. His attitude very much appeals to the tone of the game. Everything seems hopeless at many points in the story and Minato also seems to have lost hope in the world sometimes. I also happen to be one of the people who likes the idea that he only does S.Links to gain power and is faking any actual feelings for anyone. Him seeing his "friends" as a means to an end actually makes the game take on a wholly different tone when you're outside of Tartarus.

Nagisa, on the other hand is happy, energetic, loud, caring, and very open about herself to the people around her. If I love Minato for the way he matches the tone of the game perfectly, it could be said I love Nagisa because she fully goes against the tone in everything she says/does. She is quick to embrace people and always finds a positive way to look at many of the situations presented in the story.

Unfortunatley I have never thought P3 has particularly great characters. They all seem to hover between "really good" and "Why?". That being said most of them have their own charm. They just don't hold a candle to gao near the entire cast of P4/P4G

Needless to say I would put the Protagonists as my top in P3. I wish I could say the same for Yu in P4, but they intentionally made him such a hard to read blank slate that it's hard to say whether he has any character at all apart from your direct input. Not saying that's a bad thing, I just mean that he is the perfect self-insert.

Great list! Yeah, I agree that character wise, Persona 4 was way above 3. I feel Persona 3 was driven by that EPIC storyline and could afford to dial down the characters in a sense. Not saying 3 had bad characters, but it just didn't need to focus on them as much.

I didn't know female protagonist was so different in portable. I may have to score a copy, if I can, and try it out.

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:10 pm

ATM-senpai wrote:

Great list! Yeah, I agree that character wise, Persona 4 was way above 3. I feel Persona 3 was driven by that EPIC storyline and could afford to dial down the characters in a sense. Not saying 3 had bad characters, but it just didn't need to focus on them as much.

I didn't know female protagonist was so different in portable. I may have to score a copy, if I can, and try it out.

Yea it's most definitely an interesting and different take on the events of the original P3. I would absolutely encourage playing through as FeMC if your hungry for another run through of P3. Best get it done quick though, P5 is only a month away. (IF I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THAT AND SAYING IT OUT LOUD IT'LL BE TRUE THIS TIME)

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Just updated the rules for the thread! Have fun peoples!

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Skeith165 wrote:Just updated the rules for the thread! Have fun peoples!

Can't wait for my "Take Your Heart" edition to arrive tomorrow. Especially, after the massive failure that was Mass Effect: Andromeda.