Persona Love

Gamers paradise!
Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Re: Persona Love

Postby Skeith165 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:26 pm

ATM-senpai wrote:
Skeith165 wrote:Just updated the rules for the thread! Have fun peoples!

Can't wait for my "Take Your Heart" edition to arrive tomorrow. Especially, after the massive failure that was Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I loved the old Mass Effect games, but Andromeda looked like such a trainwreck I avoided it like the plague.
Yea man I feel ya. I'm super hype for mine as well.

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Skeith165 wrote:I loved the old Mass Effect games, but Andromeda looked like such a trainwreck I avoided it like the plague.
Yea man I feel ya. I'm super hype for mine as well.

I was too. Mass Effect was one of my favorite franchises. Andromeda is the worst technically produced AAA game I've ever played. I didn't mind the animations so much, but the game is so bugged, that it's awesome combat and world exploring elements are wasted because I can't play the game more than two hours without something bugging out. The story and characters is rather bland as well. I shelved it until patches fix some of the technical problems.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Persona 5 has so much style. Loving the menus and flare. Still working on the first "Palace" as of last night's session, but planning on taking another huge dig into it after work.

With P4, I went in a ways before starting over with a "Perfect" guide as I hate missing things in games. Might do that again for P5 if I come across a guide.

My only gripe so far was that the JP VA wasn't on disk. Wasted 2.9GB of my bandwidth just to download it. It could have easily fit on the BR (sigh). Oh well, I am happy it's at least available.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Andrew wrote:Persona 5 has so much style. Loving the menus and flare. Still working on the first "Palace" as of last night's session, but planning on taking another huge dig into it after work.

With P4, I went in a ways before starting over with a "Perfect" guide as I hate missing things in games. Might do that again for P5 if I come across a guide.

My only gripe so far was that the JP VA wasn't on disk. Wasted 2.9GB of my bandwidth just to download it. It could have easily fit on the BR (sigh). Oh well, I am happy it's at least available.

The UPS guy was super late delivering my "Take Your Heart" edition. It was a really painful wait. Worth it though. The Handbag, Morgana plushy, the soundtrack and art book were awesome and well worth the money. Persona has always had a sense of style, but you're right. This game is next level style. Almost too much. My eyes took a little bit to get use to everything on the screen. Especially the character dialogue in the upper right corner. I'm also glad the music is still top notch.

I always do at guide-less run on my "cannon" play-through of games. For me, it always gives me a unique experience in my RPGs. The second run will be the run I do things that I didn't experience or did wrong. Needless to say, I didn't get the true ending in Persona 4 my first run :)

Up to 4/12
Spoiler:
Loving the game so far. I think I'm starting the 1st Palace, but the MC is the most sympathetic character I seen in a while. Jeez, they are treating him like he is the scum of the Earth for helping out a stranger. I'm not complaining. I was just impressed at how quick they made me attached to this guy over the treatment of this MC.

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Andrew wrote:Persona 5 has so much style. Loving the menus and flare. Still working on the first "Palace" as of last night's session, but planning on taking another huge dig into it after work.

I'm loving it so far as well. I'm glad someone else is talking about these menus lol. I thought I was the only one who thought they were really unique and awesome.

I can totally see where you're coming from with using a guide. I play it straight through my first time and use a guide whenever I decide to go for the Max S.Link run. I get the idea about not wanting to miss anything, but the way I've always seen it is that you hang out with whoever you want to hang out with. By choosing who you hang out with, having no guide, you get a feel for which characters you actually click with instead of doing them all for the sake of doing them all. I'm not coming at you for using a guide btw, just saying how I view it.
Doing it all myself and then doing a second run for the "perfect" works for me because I have the time to play through a massive game like this multiple times and some people don't. (also in case anyone hasn't noticed I like these games a lot) so multiple runs are no biggy. Also if it's anything like P4G it'll be waaaay easier to get a max run on NG+ because of your character traits starting at max.

And yes the JP voices should have been on the disc, but I guess this is what happens when you decide to add them about a month before you release your game....as well as a delay. I'm playing in English for my first run and it's a pretty darn good dub ::peace::

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:29 pm

I've finished the first dungeon so far and holy cow is this game great! I can't think of anything I have to complain about. Music is great, voice work is great, combat is great, city is great, and dem menus bruh. So far it's insanely fun, and the only bad thing I can say at the moment is that it's ruining my work day by making it take forever.

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Persona 5 has taken control of my life this past week. Not exaggerating when I say my days consist of me, waking up, going to work, coming home, eat, play Persona, sleep, and then repeat. I've logged 70 hours in a little over a week. I haven't gamed this hard since college.

Love the game, a few minor grievances, but it's around a 9 out of 10 so far. Love that everyday, so far, is playable. Still looking for my waifu. I'm thinking...

Spoiler:
Makoto or Hifumi. Leaning toward Hifumi

I've also fallen about a week behind on seasonal anime because of Persona. ::sigh:: Talk about first world problems! Time to play more Persona, Jaa ne.

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:51 pm

ATM-senpai wrote:Persona 5 has taken control of my life this past week. Not exaggerating when I say my days consist of me, waking up, going to work, coming home, eat, play Persona, sleep, and then repeat. I've logged 70 hours in a little over a week. I haven't gamed this hard since college.

Love the game, a few minor grievances, but it's around a 9 out of 10 so far. Love that everyday, so far, is playable. Still looking for my waifu. I'm thinking...

Spoiler:
Makoto or Hifumi. Leaning toward Hifumi

I've also fallen about a week behind on seasonal anime because of Persona. ::sigh:: Talk about first world problems! Time to play more Persona, Jaa ne.

Yea man I feel ya. I've been doing basically the same since launch day. I'm at 60 hours and just got into a relationship with my girl of choice
Spoiler:
Makoto <3 it was tough between her and Futaba though

It's very hard to stop myself when I get deep into it, I haven't started anything this season lol

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 pm

9/10

Spoiler:
Seriously wasn't expecting this choice on the last day of the Hawaii trip....

I understand the Makoto choice, because I answered my ideal girl as someone smart, but I wasn't expecting Hifumi as the second choice. That was a very difficult decision because I still haven't made up my mind which romance I'm taking. I chose Makoto because it felt like the decision the MC would make at that moment.

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I love this game. I can't remember the last time I legit played a game for 7 hours straight. I think it was Arkham Knight? Working on the second palace right now.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19