Pla-ay together! Share Your Gamer IDs

Gamers paradise!
MadGunner
Senpai

Re: Pla-ay together! Share Your Gamer IDs

Postby MadGunner » Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

Loli-Knight wrote:I pretty much look at it the same way. ME3's ending blew, the DLC made it a wee bit better, but it still blew. Generally I try to be fair towards "artistic integrity" and what not, but ME3 doesn't get a free pass.

I would think that we got the ending that EA wanted and not the one that the writers originally intended... Big business can suck sometimes.

Loli-Knight
Personal Knight of The Tsundere Queen

Postby Loli-Knight » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

MadGunner wrote:
Loli-Knight wrote:I pretty much look at it the same way. ME3's ending blew, the DLC made it a wee bit better, but it still blew. Generally I try to be fair towards "artistic integrity" and what not, but ME3 doesn't get a free pass.

I would think that we got the ending that EA wanted and not the one that the writers originally intended... Big business can suck sometimes.

The original ending idea was actually put up a while ago. It tied in to Tali's mission with that dying sun
Spoiler:
Supposedly biotics messed with the universe's natural balance of dark matter, and the more organic life spread, the more biotics would be born that would further upset the balance. Eventually this would lead to galactic destruction, so the Reapers were put into effect to keep everything in balance. That's why Sovereign originally said we couldn't understand them, because we basically made them to perpetually shear us down to size for our own good which just sounds bonkers to people who didn't live through the original issue they needed to fix.

Basically, Shepard's role in the third game was to find a way to destroy the Reapers and find a new way to hold back the dark matter issue. Much more entertaining in my opinion. Probably didn't include a "choose your color" ending either...
Within The Holy Loli Empire's heart, atop the twintailed throne She sits.
Before you The Tsundere Queen towers, peon.
And you. Will. Kneel.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

Loli-Knight wrote:
MadGunner wrote:

What irked me the most about the ending was that it was just an illusion of choice. It's like they didn't want to commit to a hard end, so they made it vague and gave you the illusion that your choice would matter.

I would have much preferred a solid, scripted end that tied up the story nicely.

Loli-Knight

Postby Loli-Knight » Tue May 12, 2015 11:21 am

Logan wrote:I would have much preferred a solid, scripted end that tied up the story nicely.

EXACTLY. My lord, was that too much to ask for? And now they've written themselves into a corner. If they ever do a sequel it doesn't matter how far in the future they set it, they'll still have to reference the trilogy's ending in some way. Unless the ME they're working on right now is a prequel (Please for the love of The Goddess no. We already know everything that's going to happen), or the next story takes place in another galaxy the references to the ending will be pretty wonky (and no references will be like they're trying to forget about their own silly creation).
And you. Will. Kneel.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Tue May 12, 2015 11:24 am

Loli-Knight wrote:snip

I think that I had heard that it was going to be a prequel about the war between humanity and the Turians.

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Tue May 12, 2015 11:25 am

Loli-Knight wrote:
Logan wrote:I would have much preferred a solid, scripted end that tied up the story nicely.

EXACTLY. My lord, was that too much to ask for? And now they've written themselves into a corner. If they ever do a sequel it doesn't matter how far in the future they set it, they'll still have to reference the trilogy's ending in some way. Unless the ME they're working on right now is a prequel (Please for the love of The Goddess no. We already know everything that's going to happen), or the next story takes place in another galaxy the references to the ending will be pretty wonky (and no references will be like they're trying to forget about their own silly creation).

I think they could make a pretty awesome spinoff series about the Krogan VS Turian war. There is so much lore that could be explored without touching the original trilogy.

BTW maybe we should make a Mass Effect thread we have sort of hijacked this one :P

Loli-Knight

Postby Loli-Knight » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

MadGunner wrote:I think they could make a pretty awesome spinoff series about the Krogan VS Turian war. There is so much lore that could be explored without touching the original trilogy.

BTW maybe we should make a Mass Effect thread we have sort of hijacked this one :P

Nah, the thread is mostly dead so it doesn't really matter. Anyways, that's exactly what I don't want to see. Prequels are only good if there's some sort of grand mystery worth revealing. That's why almost all prequels get panned, because most of them tend to be about something that's mostly been fleshed out, you already know how it ends, etc. Anything set before ME3's ending is literally pointless because of how definitive the ending is. No matter what we play, or how we do it the end will be the same. Not to mention that all of the primary wars (like the two you guys mentioned) are actually detailed for the most part in the game's codex.

The only "old" stories that would maybe work is something set during the Prothean era since 99% of that is still a mystery. Still though, true sequel/alternate universe or bust nanoyasa.
And you. Will. Kneel.

MadGunner
Senpai

Postby MadGunner » Tue May 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Loli-Knight wrote:koi

Well I for one have no issues with prequels. There is some really good out ones out there (terrible too of course). I won't judge something until I have experienced it myself.

GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Postby GamerColyn117 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:06 pm

MadGunner wrote:
Loli-Knight wrote:
Logan wrote:

Jeez you guys must hate ME3. I never hated the ending like you and others did. I wasn't super excited about what they did with it, but I didn't want to kill everyone at EA for it. I agree that I don't think that the original writers wanted to end it the way they did, rather EA forced them to rush an ending, which is why we got 3 colors and cycle continuation for an ending. I think the DLC they put out (Leviathan and the "fixed" ending) helped explain more of what the original story was supposed to tell us. I hope we can all agree that the Citadel DLC was the best thing to be made for the game. I loved seeing all of the old crew partying and having fun.

So my question to you three is what is your universe?

Who was your love interest
What ending do you choose the most
What ending do you believe to be the best

My answers are:

Female

Paragon every time. The only renegade I do are to headbutt the Krogan in ME2 and stabbing Kai Leng

Thane. Sometimes I'll choose Garrus or Liara if I'm feeling crazy

I choose control a lot

I think continuing the cycle is the best because the stargazer tells the kid in that cutscene that the universe found peace thanks to the last cycle, so the Reapers aren't needed.
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Tue May 12, 2015 4:13 pm

GamerColyn117 wrote:Jeez you guys must hate ME3. I never hated the ending like you and others did. I wasn't super excited about what they did with it, but I didn't want to kill everyone at EA for it. I agree that I don't think that the original writers wanted to end it the way they did, rather EA forced them to rush an ending, which is why we got 3 colors and cycle continuation for an ending. I think the DLC they put out (Leviathan and the "fixed" ending) helped explain more of what the original story was supposed to tell us. I hope we can all agree that the Citadel DLC was the best thing to be made for the game. I loved seeing all of the old crew partying and having fun.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Mass Effect Franchise and most of Mass Effect 3. I just can not handle that ending :lol:

The Leviathan and Citadel DLC were amazing! I loved them so much :D

GamerColyn117 wrote:So my question to you three is what is your universe?

Who was your love interest
What ending do you choose the most
What ending do you believe to be the best

Male
Paragon (I can never do something evil, it makes me feel bad :lol: )
Depending on the play through it was either Miranda or Liara :)
Synthesis or Green if you want the color...
Synthesis - I mainly choose this so Joker and Edi can be a thing :lol: