Most anticipated games of 2018

Gamers paradise!
Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Most anticipated games of 2018

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm

From my perspective 2017 was fantastic year for video games.I finally upgraded my equipment and gained access to plethora of amazing games because of that, including Bloodborne that quickly became my favourite game of all time.There was Persona 5 with all of its style and sass, NieR:Automata phenomenal ending E, existential crisis of my generation in Night in the Woods, revenge plot of Tales of Berseria etc.
To follow that up 2018, or at least its first half, looks very promising.
Here are the games I will be checking out.
Valkyria Chronicles 4: Eastern Front-first home console Valkyria since the original game premiered back in 2008.VC is still one of my favourite games so I'm beyond excited for this one.
Code Vein-first thrailers for this game looked very clunky, but since then game improved significantly.I just can't wait for this hybrid of Bloodborne and anime.
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night-P3 packed some funky tunes.I have a sneaking suspicion that Atlus is gauging interest with this release and if it will sell well then P3 remake will follow.
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night-I love Persona 5...just love it, so a spin-off game with my favourite gang of thieves is a must buy for me.It would be a sin to miss dancing game with music that good.Also...Makoto is absolutely rocking this new punk rock outfit.
Catherine: Full Body-I really wanted to check out Catherine on PS3, but I sadly missed out on.I just find entire concept very intriguing, so a remake with new original character is exactly what I need.
Hollow Knight on PS4-fun looking soulslike platformer with adorably unsettling art style.
Shadow of the Colossus Remake-I remember playing and really enjoying Shadow of the Colossus back in the PS2 era.News that we will get complete remake of the entire game surprised and excited me, but I will wait for the reviews with purchase of this one because I still remember Silent Hill HD Collection fiasco.

What are your guys most anticipated titles?

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: Most anticipated games of 2018

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:From my perspective 2017 was fantastic year for video games.I finally upgraded my equipment and gained access to plethora of amazing games because of that, including Bloodborne that quickly became my favourite game of all time.There was Persona 5 with all of its style and sass, NieR:Automata phenomenal ending E, existential crisis of my generation in Night in the Woods, revenge plot of Tales of Berseria etc.
Valkyria Chronicles 4: Eastern Front-first home console Valkyria since the original game premiered back in 2008.VC is still one of my favourite games so I'm beyond excited for this one.
Code Vein-first thrailers for this game looked very clunky, but since then game improved significantly.I just can't wait for this hybrid of Bloodborne and anime.
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night-P3 packed some funky tunes.I have a sneaking suspicion that Atlus is gauging interest with this release and if it will sell well then P3 remake will follow.
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night-I love Persona 5...just love it, so a spin-off game with my favourite gang of thieves is a must buy for me.It would be a sin to miss dancing game with music that good.Also...Makoto is absolutely rocking this new punk rock outfit.
Catherine: Full Body-I really wanted to check out Catherine on PS3, but I sadly missed out on.I just find entire concept very intriguing, so a remake with new original character is exactly what I need.
Hollow Knight on PS4-fun looking soulslike platformer with adorably unsettling art style.
Shadow of the Colossus Remake-I remember playing and really enjoying Shadow of the Colossus back in the PS2 era.News that we will get complete remake of the entire game surprised and excited me, but I will wait for the reviews with purchase of this one because I still remember Silent Hill HD Collection fiasco.

I am excited about Vc I really hope for a rerelease as well. Was that hitting switch as well?

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 am

Chris wrote:I am excited about Vc I really hope for a rerelease as well. Was that hitting switch as well?

Yes, the game was confirmed for PlayStation 4,Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:
Chris wrote:I am excited about Vc I really hope for a rerelease as well. Was that hitting switch as well?

Yes, the game was confirmed for PlayStation 4,Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Nice now all we need is re releases of previous 3 I have only gotten through about half of the second or first one

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:From my perspective 2017 was fantastic year for video games.I finally upgraded my equipment and gained access to plethora of amazing games because of that, including Bloodborne that quickly became my favourite game of all time.There was Persona 5 with all of its style and sass, NieR:Automata phenomenal ending E, existential crisis of my generation in Night in the Woods, revenge plot of Tales of Berseria etc.

I'm also adding PersonaQ2 to that list since I just bought New Nintendo 2DS XL.I need more Phantom Thieves in my life.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:

I'm also adding PersonaQ2 to that list since I just bought New Nintendo 2DS XL.I need more Phantom Thieves in my life.

I could do shadow of the colossus. Really loved the ambiance and vistas. Wouldent mind doing the other two titles. But alas that’s a PlayStation title.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 am

Kocurek1944 wrote:

Announcement after announcement...Dark Souls: Remastered was officially confirmed for PS4,PS4 Pro,Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PC and Nintendo Switch.Package will contain Artorias of the Abyss DLC.If the conversion turns out to be good I'm buying the hell out of it.
Sooo...From Software...Now...Where is my Demon's Souls remaster?

Lulink
I Like Anime

Postby Lulink » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:02 am

I'm mostly waiting for Metroid Prime 4.
Other games I'll probably pass: I have a long enough list of games I want to try, including Celeste, Fire Emblem Awakening and probably tons of indie games I can't even remember right now but that certainly deserve my attention. The Switch is getting so many indie games It's hard to chose from.
One day I discovered that 2 of my friends got into anime. This was the last day before the rest of my life.

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 pm

I dont think I’m looking forward to any games besides Black Desert Online for the Xbox (-_-) and evening that game was released years ago. Maybe Halo 6 if that’s coming out this year and if the trailers look promising.