Anime Junky

Re: "Tales of" Games

Postby michelous » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 pm

the new version of Vesperia drops in a few days for even switch

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:34 pm

I'll be getting it for PC. Pretty stoked to see the things they've added to the remastered version, especially the 2 new characters. That'll also be my cue to get rid of my old XBox 260.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

michelous wrote:The new version of Vesperia drops in a few days, even for switch.

I'm really excited for the fact that it's on the switch. I could also get it for my PC but I don't get as much time to play games that aren't on my switch. Since it's portable it's always with me and so I just play games from it way more then I do others. I'm out of the house most days so even though I would of got it on PC had it not been on switch, being on switch means I can play it more then I otherwise would.

Witch is important for long JRPGs
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 am

If it were available for the good ol' PS3, I would've gotten that version, no questions asked. I do prefer playing these games sitting on my sofa, joypad in hand. But I'm not going to buy a new console (PS4, XBox One, or Switch) for that 1 game (although I did for Tales of the Abyss, technically). At least I found an easy way to use my PS3 controllers on my computer, so I won't have to struggle with keyboard and mouse.

Savory Inventor
I Like Anime

Postby Savory Inventor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:13 am

michelous wrote:the new version of Vesperia drops in a few days for even switch

sigh... i never ended up finishing xilla or zestiria, well time to start another. :D

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:04 am

Savory Inventor wrote:i never ended up finishing xilla or zestiria, well time to start another. :D
Well, if it's any consolation, I don't think either Xillia or Zestiria have brilliant stories. Vesperia fares much better in this regard, I feel, so maybe that's what'll help you pull through this time ;).

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 am

i only played abyss and hearts r. with hearts r, i didnt like it mush

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:01 am

Anyone here played Tales of Symphonia? If so, what did you think of it?

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:13 am

Well, Symphonia is quite an old title at this point (the 5th game in the franchise). I was introduced to it by way of Tales by Vesperia, and Symphonia was the 2nd one I played. As such, it was quite a step back, both in terms of graphics (which even the HD re-release for PS3 couldn't magically fix) and the battle system.

The biggest problem I have with Symphonia compared to the more modern installments is that there's no free run. This makes some battles incredibly arduous, particularly the coliseum fights.

That aside, I there's actually a lot to like about the game in my opinion. I thought both the characters, including their fun interactions, and the story were pretty good. The equipment upgrade system was nice (a somewhat less sophisticated version of Vesperia's synthesis mechanic), the passive skill system was OK. Overall, I consider Tales of Symphonia a perfectly adequate gateway title to get into the franchise. But if you're already used to the newer games, you might find it painfully lacking in the technical / game mechanics department.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:51 pm

i am working on Vesperia but the valentines event in fgo took the rest of my free time