What video game world would you like to visit?

Gamers paradise!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: What video game world would you like to visit?

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:54 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:The good thing I like about games is you can travel to different places of the world or to other worlds for that fact, while in the comfort of your home.
No arguments there. That's why I love the 4 franchises listed in my earlier post - these game worlds provide some incredible atmosphere, and I've had great fun exploring them (multiple times, in fact). I just don't think visiting them would be a particularly good idea due to the various health hazards :P.

As for fantasy worlds like those found in various RPGs, I guess they just never stuck with me much. I'm generally a fan of contemporary or (semi-realistic) sci-fi settings more than fantasy.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Eira wrote:Well if it’s just for a visit then the world from Xenoblade Chronciles, I love the world in that game, a vast world that’s bascially all over a titan is such a cool concept and some of the vistas in that game are aboslulty stunning! I would love to just run around and explore the whole place, seeing all the sceneary I could and just being so stunned at the amazing situation I would be in.

I got curious so I checked it out. Please tell me if there's a version for the PC. ::happy::

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:The good thing I like about games is you can travel to different places of the world or to other worlds for that fact, while in the comfort of your home.
No arguments there. That's why I love the 4 franchises listed in my earlier post - these game worlds provide some incredible atmosphere, and I've had great fun exploring them (multiple times, in fact). I just don't think visiting them would be a particularly good idea due to the various health hazards :P.

As for fantasy worlds like those found in various RPGs, I guess they just never stuck with me much. I'm generally a fan of contemporary or (semi-realistic) sci-fi settings more than fantasy.

I like the sci-fi genre too, though I don't like too much metal unless we're talking about mechas. So it was a surprise that I got hooked on Black Desert Online since it is fantasy. I used to play PSO2 before the NA server was taken down. Before that it was RF Online.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:10 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:I got curious so I checked it out. Please tell me if there's a version for the PC.

Well it’s by Monolith Soft which is a second party company to Nintendo and if you know Nintendo then you know there’s no PC version, most likely never will be one.

Although if you’re still curious (xenoblade chronicles is my favourite game of all time)
Xenoblade chronicles is on the Wii & has a 3DS port but you need the extra power of the ‘New 3DS’.
Xenoblade Chroncicles X (the one in the image you used) was on Wii U and in my opnion is the weakest in the series.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is on the Nintendo Switch and is still getting updated and DLC added.

I still think the first one is the best but 2 is also really good, I don’t like X much tho.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:16 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:
I got curious so I checked it out. Please tell me if there's a version for the PC. ::happy::

like explained, definitly not. but Wii's tend to sell for cheap now and xenoblade chronicle is really worth it. And you might want to double check, but i think it is available on the switch digitaly. nintendo sucks for that. it would have been great to have a PC port of this!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:21 pm

fragoff wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:I got curious so I checked it out. Please tell me if there's a version for the PC.

I think it is available on the switch digitaly.

I know for sure it’s not on the switch, it might be in the Wii U digitally since the Wii U did have a Wii virtual console. Overall though I think the 3DS version is the cheapest way to play it, the ‘New 2DS’ has the clam shell design and looks sleek so it’s worht it if you don’t care about the 3D and it’s super cheap for what it is, around $200. It might not be as cheap as a Wii but a Wii copy of Xenoblade is very expensive, usually around $170 or something just as absurd, a 3DS copy is only $40-$50 easily. And if you already have a New 3DS it’s very much the cheaper option.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Eira wrote:
fragoff wrote:

I know for sure it’s not on the switch, it might be in the Wii U digitally since the Wii U did have a Wii virtual console. Overall though I think the 3DS version is the cheapest way to play it, the ‘New 2DS’ has the clam shell design and looks sleek so it’s worht it if you don’t care about the 3D and it’s super cheap for what it is, around $200. It might not be as cheap as a Wii but a Wii copy of Xenoblade is very expensive, usually around $170 or something just as absurd, a 3DS copy is only $40-$50 easily. And if you already have a New 3DS it’s very much the cheaper option.

The switch doesn't have a virtual console yet? And i think it is worth it to aim for a tv screen to play this game. I fear the size of a 3DS' screen would disfavor the vastness of the world. But that is just my opinion.
I must admit my switch is gettering dust right now. I am more a PC guy.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 pm

fragoff wrote:
Eira wrote:
fragoff wrote:

The switch doesn't have a virtual console yet? And i think it is worth it to aim for a tv screen to play this game. I fear the size of a 3DS' screen would disfavor the vastness of the world. But that is just my opinion.
I must admit my switch is gettering dust right now. I am more a PC guy.

Consoles aren't my thing, but I do have a PS2 collecting dust in the attic.
Wew at least no one is mentioning eroge, but given Spark's love for schools, he may secretly want to enter the Shuffle world. ::mischief::

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:27 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:Wew at least no one is mentioning eroge, but given Spark's love for schools, he may secretly want to enter the Shuffle world. ::mischief::
In the words of the almighty Keima Katsuragi, "allow me to teach you something useful": School-based VNs do not equate eroges ;). At least I'm pretty sure Clannad doesn't have any lewd content. Katawa Shoujo, which I mentioned here, does have H-scenes, but they're far from the focus of the novel. I also read the censored version of the Fruit of Grisaia, and it works perfectly fine in my book.

That said, of course I wouldn't mind... getting closer to a nice lady... Hey, I am still a man, alright :P? At least sex sounds better to me than a deathmatch with zombies.

(By the way, I haven't read Shuffle! - actually, I've only read a miniscule number of visual novels in general -, but its anime adaptation will always have a special place in my heart. Asa best girl!)
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:03 am

fragoff wrote:The switch doesn't have a virtual console yet?

Nope, not yet. Not in any way shape or form and they’ve even said that the whole Virtual Console is done, they’re not gonna do it anymore, at least not in the same way they use to. Now you get access to virtual console games where you’re subscribed to there online service and you bascially get all the ones avalibul just by being a part of that and they will all have added online modes.

fragoff wrote:And i think it is worth it to aim for a tv screen to play this game. I fear the size of a 3DS' screen would disfavor the vastness of the world. But that is just my opinion.

I can understand that, but I’ve always played it on my 3DS, with an XL it’s big enough to fit the game and it does make It’s more lacking graphical features less prominent, however I still enjoy playing it on my 3DS and I don’t think it really hinders the experience in any way IMO.

fragoff wrote:I must admit my switch is gettering dust right now. I am more a PC guy.

Lol, I still play my switch every day, although I also do soenda lot of time playing PC games too. I’ve always been a Nintendo guy and been a PC guy for a good chuck of years now, I love both a lot.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:50 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:Wew at least no one is mentioning eroge, but given Spark's love for schools, he may secretly want to enter the Shuffle world. ::mischief::
In the words of the almighty Keima Katsuragi, "allow me to teach you something useful": School-based VNs do not equate eroges ;). At least I'm pretty sure Clannad doesn't have any lewd content. Katawa Shoujo, which I mentioned here, does have H-scenes, but they're far from the focus of the novel. I also read the censored version of the Fruit of Grisaia, and it works perfectly fine in my book.

That said, of course I wouldn't mind... getting closer to a nice lady... Hey, I am still a man, alright :P? At least sex sounds better to me than a deathmatch with zombies.

(By the way, I haven't read Shuffle! - actually, I've only read a miniscule number of visual novels in general -, but its anime adaptation will always have a special place in my heart. Asa best girl!)

Nuuuuuu! Kaede is best girl! Anyone but Asa! ::anger::