How many hours do you play everyday?

Gamers paradise!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: How many hours do you play everyday?

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:14 am

Becuase of huge time constraints, I no longer play normal video games. The small pockets of breaks I have in between my busy life are too spread and short to be able to sit down and play. FGO however, is a whole nother beast. I sink at least 2-3 hours daily on it and it is still nowhere near enough since I have too many servants to babysit.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:23 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Becuase of huge time constraints, I no longer play normal video games. The small pockets of breaks I have in between my busy life are too spread and short to be able to sit down and play. FGO however, is a whole nother beast. I sink at least 2-3 hours daily on it and it is still nowhere near enough since I have too many servants to babysit.

I guess everyone is juggling a job and something else (side hustle, according to a 2nd cousin in Macau, not sure if that means freelancing?) so they can't play as much.

I play a bit of FGO until the stamina runs out, then switch to Honkai Impact until stamina runs out on that too. I also focus on one servant until max level, then switch to another servant. Most of my time is for Black Desert Online but really that involves 3-4 hours of AFK activity, I take naps in between or watch anime, read manga.

One of the few games I played straight, no breaks (except when I go to the powder room) for 8 hours was Phantasy Star Online 2.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote: I play a bit of FGO until the stamina runs out, then switch to Honkai Impact until stamina runs out on that too. Most of my time is for Black Desert Online but really that involves 3-4 hours of AFK activity, I take naps in between or watch anime, read manga.

Sorry if this is rude to ask, but I’m just curious, do you not have work or school or something to go to? How do you live?
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Eira wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote: I play a bit of FGO until the stamina runs out, then switch to Honkai Impact until stamina runs out on that too. Most of my time is for Black Desert Online but really that involves 3-4 hours of AFK activity, I take naps in between or watch anime, read manga.

Sorry if this is rude to ask, but I’m just curious, do you not have work or school or something to go to? How do you live?

I'm an assassin for hire, hear my jian slice and stab! ::anger::

just kidding. Let's say I have enough to last me 30 years. ::happy::

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:I'm an assassin for hire, hear my jian slice and stab! ::anger::
Real talk: If you were anything like Yuno Gasai, I'd totally hire you (although she is more of a bodyguard than an assassin) ^_^.

So you're well off financially? Lucky you :P. I have a decent amount saved up, myself, but without my job, that well would dry up within... 2-3 years, probably. Plus I need to make those contributions to my pension for later. Poverty at old age is one of the biggest challenges in Germany right now (since our birth rate has been low for decades and thus our society is growing older by the day). Although our definition of "poverty" is still quite different from how many people in third world countries have to live.

Still, I'm incredibly lucky that I found a flat 10 minutes from my workplace as well as a 40-hour job with (practically) no overtime. 6 hours of free time when I get home is a luxury compared to what most people have.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:I'm an assassin for hire, hear my jian slice and stab! ::anger::
Real talk: If you were anything like Yuno Gasai, I'd totally hire you (although she is more of a bodyguard than an assassin) ^_^.

So you're well off financially? Lucky you :P. I have a decent amount saved up, myself, but without my job, that well would dry up within... 2-3 years, probably. Plus I need to make those contributions to my pension for later. Poverty at old age is one of the biggest challenges in Germany right now (since our birth rate has been low for decades and thus our society is growing older by the day). Although our definition of "poverty" is still quite different from how many people in third world countries have to live.

Still, I'm incredibly lucky that I found a flat 10 minutes from my workplace as well as a 40-hour job with (practically) no overtime. 6 hours of free time when I get home is a luxury compared to what most people have.

It's more due to luck than hard work. But yeah I can afford to relax. But I don't play as much as I want to before. Probably because I found the joy in sleep. But if I add more games to what I'm playing now then I might shave off time sleeping.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:But if I add more games to what I'm playing now then I might shave off time sleeping.
There's always that temptation, isn't there? For me, as I alluded to in my previous post, I'm quite strict with myself when it comes to living decently healthily as a gamer. I go to sleep in time to catch my 8 hours, even if I'm really engaged in a game. Plus I take at least one longer break on free days (weekends/holidays) to go for a walk. I've always been good at self-discipline, so yay for me :].

In that sense, I'm glad you appreciate the joy of sufficient sleep ::yawn::.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:42 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:But if I add more games to what I'm playing now then I might shave off time sleeping.
There's always that temptation, isn't there? For me, as I alluded to in my previous post, I'm quite strict with myself when it comes to living decently healthily as a gamer. I go to sleep in time to catch my 8 hours, even if I'm really engaged in a game. Plus I take at least one longer break on free days (weekends/holidays) to go for a walk. I've always been good at self-discipline, so yay for me :].

In that sense, I'm glad you appreciate the joy of sufficient sleep ::yawn::.

Not so much these past few days, I have tasks to do and it can be stressful sometimes. So I end up playing more now just to stave of dreaming about killing our client. ::yess::

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:32 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:So I end up playing more now just to stave of dreaming about killing our client. ::yess::
Huh... Maybe the "assassin for hire" part wasn't all joke, after all ;)?

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
PlatinaHeart wrote:So I end up playing more now just to stave of dreaming about killing our client. ::yess::
Huh... Maybe the "assassin for hire" part wasn't all joke, after all ;)?

I'd love to tell you but-
Spoiler:
lol there's nothing here.
::happy::