How much have you spent/willing to spend for video games?

Gamers paradise!
PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

How much have you spent/willing to spend for video games?

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:33 am

As little as possible lol. Maybe I spent less than $200, $50 of that went to Black Desert Online.

And then there's this guy. ::shocked::
phpBB [video]

BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: How much have you spent/willing to spend for video games?

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:38 am

If you're talking about spendings per year, then 200 dollars / 170 Euros sounds about right for me, as well. I don't buy many new games at all. I also hardly ever pirate them, either (which I used to do more when I was younger and shorter on money). As evidenced by my recent Fallout craze, I love replaying a lot of my older games, which are conveniently free of cost ^_^.

There are a handful of free-to-play titles I've invested money in over the years, most notably around $100 on League of Legends, $50 on Hearthstone and $100 on Overwatch. Nothing as absurd as the fine gentleman in the video you linked, though, that's for sure ;).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 am

I put in about 3$00-$500 on FGO myself. I will repeat myself again, someone help me

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:43 pm

SethAmaha wrote:I put in about 3$00-$500 on FGO myself. I will repeat myself again, someone help me

Nuuuu, I won't help you. You're $65,000 short of becoming as legendary as him. ::mischief::

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:58 pm

For the most part the max I'm willing to spend on a game is $200 after it's all said and done, but I'm a fighting game player so it's not uncommon for me to spend double the cost of the game on dlc. That being said I don't play free to play (pay to win) games, I have an addictive personality and I only gamble on stat based sports or the like. Don't wanna go broke after all.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 pm

PlatinaHeart wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:I put in about 3$00-$500 on FGO myself. I will repeat myself again, someone help me

Nuuuu, I won't help you. You're $65,000 short of becoming as legendary as him. ::mischief::

That's my monthly expenditure

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Since my taste in games tends to be into indies, i don't spend much on games in a month.
Mangas, mtg and books is another story.

And since i cannot understand the notion of paying hard earned money on 'digital goods', pay to win and gotcha games get no money from me. Not judging others, it is their money, but i only buy what i can touch.(steam is the only exception i make)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 pm

If you’re talking about like the amount of money spent over time then I really don’t have a set number. I do budget and I do save money but it’s on a payment by payment basis and there’s no consistency on what I spent my money on. If a game comes out and I want it then I’ll try to get it. In most cases I try to spend as little as possible, like with steam games I always use those 3rd party sites that let you get it a little cheaper and if I can buy a console game pre owned then I usually will just cause it’s not a big deal to me if someone else has had it before, but that’s really the case, I don’t spend much time checking for that stuff.

As for how much I’m willing to spend on any single game then I really don’t have a set limit, when breath of the wild came out and was $90 instead of $80 I was a little shocked but I got it anyway. And once I spent $120 on the limited edition Xenoblade chronicles 2 Box, god I love that thing. If it’s a game I want I don’t reallt mind the price, I jsut kinda pay it, it’s usaully fair.

Also those prices are in Australian dollars not American, they’re not as bad as they look. (Still more expensive in Australia then America even accounting for that tho)

And when it comes to mobile games, I don’t spend a single cent. FGO, Love Live, BanG Dream just to name the ones I play the most. I play all of these, daily. Yet I’ve never spent a single cent on any of them, cause I have self control it’s crazy to see how much some people spend.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 pm

fragoff wrote:Since my taste in games tends to be into indies, i don't spend much on games in a month.
Mangas, mtg and books is another story.

And since i cannot understand the notion of paying hard earned money on 'digital goods', pay to win and gotcha games get no money from me. Not judging others, it is their money, but i only buy what i can touch.(steam is the only exception i make)

here's a fine example of someone who won't be riddled with microtransactions. EA won't have your soul. ::mischief::

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 am

I can't say I really have a limit but I'm not going to spend 200$ all at once.
I've put in maybe $150 in hearthstone over like 4 years