E3 2019 Dicussion

Gamers paradise!
Eira
Anime Junky

E3 2019 Dicussion

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Well, it’s that time of year again, and right about now is the best time to start the Pre-show talk. As always we’ll also discuss things as the convention happens and even onwards after it’s over, although maybe not for too long after it’s over.

You know the drill, I wanna know all the basic stuff everyone talks about before E3 hits!
What presentation are you gonna be watching?
What game are you expecting to see?
What games are you hoping to see?
What crazy wishes do you have?
Any interesting rumours you hope are real?
And pretty much anything else you wanna talk about and get out there before the presentations actually start?

This thread was a surprise success last year with the amount of conversation that surrronded it. So I hope we can all have a great time talking about it again.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: E3 2019 Dicussion

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:26 am

Not trying to be the buzzkill here, but I've never really looked into any of the big gaming conventions before. I usually just pick up bits and pieces from the talk that ensues after the event is over. That's not going to change this year, either, but I'll happily pick up you guys' thoughts and opinions from this post :).

That said, there are a handful of games set to release in the near future that I'm pretty excited for: Borderlands 3, Wasteland 3, and Chernobylite. While Borderlands 3 will be featured for sure, the other two titles are developed by smaller studios, so it's less likely they'll make an appearance.

I'm also very much looking forward for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, but that's still a long ways off (to be released in 2021) so I'm obviously not expecting any coverage yet.

Maybe we'll get some progress report on the Final Fantasy 7 remake? That's one I'm still mildly interested in.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

JaredScott5
I Like Anime

Postby JaredScott5 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 am

I'm mostly excited for Nintendo. They just showed the Pokemon Direct so I'm not expecting too much from that at E3, but we still have Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime, and Link's Awakening (my fav LoZ game).

I'm not too sure if I should be excited for Square Enix. I don't care for the FFVII remake, and with the FFXIV expansion I just want to listen to the new music that will be added to the game (love Soken's work). I think that they've stated that the KH3 DLC will not be at E3. I'd love to get some announcements of more PC ports of FF and even KH, but I don't think they generally announce those at E3.

Atari is showing off their new console I believe which will be interesting.

Overall, on a scale of 1-10 I'm at a 6 for excitement.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Not trying to be the buzzkill here, but I've never really looked into any of the big gaming conventions before.[…] That's not going to change this year, either, but I'll happily pick up you guys' thoughts and opinions from this post.

That said, there are a handful of games set to release in the near future that I'm pretty excited for: Borderlands 3, Wasteland 3, and Chernobylite.[…] I'm also very much looking forward for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, but that's still a long ways off (to be released in 2021) so I'm obviously not expecting any coverage yet. Maybe we'll get some progress report on the Final Fantasy 7 remake? That's one I'm still mildly interested in.

I find it very funny that this post is almost the exact same post you made last year. I went and reread that entire thread, I don’t know why but I just felt like doing it right before I started this one and you pretty much said the same thing.

Even down to not being too big into the convention, excited for Borderlands 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, including the mention that it’s not coming till 2021. And a small mention of FF7 for good measure. Nothing wrong with that I just find it really interesting that almost everything you said last year is still applicable this year.

JaredScott5 wrote:I'm mostly excited for Nintendo. They just showed the Pokemon Direct so I'm not expecting too much from that at E3, but we still have Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime, and Link's Awakening (my fav LoZ game).

Same here, I’m always most excited for Nintendo. I’m really hoping we see info on FE, even though I’m going to be getting it no matter what at this point. I hope Link’s Awakening dose get a mention but I don’t like it when remakes get a large focus, we already know the stroy and other aspects, show it off and talk about new stuff sure but keep it short. So hopefully they won’t give it too much time.

Animal Crossing scares me, because I’m worried that it’s going to be delayed. We got the reveal last year that it would be 2019 and since then have seen nothing. We’ve seen 0 info on this game, we just know it’s being made. I really hope they do a big blow up, maybe show us some more in September (there’s almost always a September direct from Nintendo) and then we still get it maybe in October, I doubt it would be able to come later without being delayed to 2020 since Pokémon is obviously gonna be the big holiday game.

Also I doubt we’ll see Metroid Prime 4. They had to completely restart development when they moved it over to retro studio and thus we’re basically back to when it was first announced really. So I don’t think we’re even gonna see a trailer till late 2020 at the earliest. And the game probs won’t be coming out till 2022 or 2023 unfortunately.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:08 am

Eira wrote:Even down to not being too big into the convention, excited for Borderlands 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, including the mention that it’s not coming till 2021. And a small mention of FF7 for good measure. Nothing wrong with that I just find it really interesting that almost everything you said last year is still applicable this year.
I genuinely wouldn't even have noticed this. It's quite strange indeed. Almost a little uncanny... Maybe I glimpsed the future back then ;P?

But yeah, come to think of it, I believe the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announcement must've been right around May last year, and FF7 - well, that's been in the works for a long time.

Luckily, BL3 is right around the corner now - although, with it being temporarily tied to the Epic Store on PC, if Epic don't up their game and make the launcher more user-friendly by September, I might be tempted to... resort to 'other methods' to play the game and hold off on buying it until it releases on Steam next March. Unless Gearbox manage to implement crossplay from the start (which I doubt), in which case I'll have to buy it so I can play with 3 console-loving buddies of mine :).

JaredScott5
I Like Anime

Postby JaredScott5 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 am

Eira wrote:Also I doubt we’ll see Metroid Prime 4. They had to completely restart development when they moved it over to retro studio and thus we’re basically back to when it was first announced really. So I don’t think we’re even gonna see a trailer till late 2020 at the earliest. And the game probs won’t be coming out till 2022 or 2023 unfortunately.

That's true, but we may see info on the re-release of the Metroid Prime trilogy. Considering how well loved those games are, it would be a good opportunity for Nintendo.

Speaking of re-releases, it'd be nice to see a remake of Metroid Fusion in the same manner as Metroid II on 3DS from a couple years back.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Pretty much Nintendo and square.

Curious about a possible Witcher 3 rumor for switch. And still holding on to a hope and dream of p4 on Switch.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:29 am

Now that 'I don't really care' presentations are done, I watched them anyway and was mostly pretty board. From here on out tho it's only presentations I'm actually able to care about. Will still make a post before nintendo tho cause obviously nintendo is gonna get its own post.

EA: I couldn't care less about any of this. Maybe the Star Wars game could be cool but I'm done caring or trusting EA and I don't currently play anything they've made. It's just not a relevant company for me.

Bethesda: Basically the same story, all I care about is Elder Scrolls VI and we basically got no new info on it.

Devolver digital: Again just not something relevant to me.

Microsoft: I don't own an XBOX, I never have and I doubt I ever will. But I do have a PC and they do announce games that aren't just exclusives, so there was actually stuff for me to care about here. Which is why I did these out of order, wanted this to be last in the post.

Getting to see more The Outer Worlds is nice, I like obsidian and I'm excited for this, we didn't get much more but it's looking pretty solid. Minecraft Dungeons has already been confirmed to also be coming to switch, and... I'll maybe get it. It's a very big maybe right now, I need to know more about the feedback loop of the game. Although overall I'm leaning more towards just not getting it.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition now we're talking! My friends and I still play AoE2 regularly, It's so absolutely fun and well made and I have no problems with giving it another upgrade and even more content. Give us more updates and DLC too why don't you. Keep the AoE2 train rolling forever, I won't even mind.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Sega When lego star wars VII come out I ignored it because I was hoping something like this would come out. I can only assume it's also gonna be on PC and Switch as most LEGO games are and so I'm hyped for this and am probably going to get it. I enjoy the LEGO games a lot.

Tales of ARISE looks Desu~ stunning! This better not be kept on consoles I don't have. I mean, I highly doubt it but it's always a concern, also really hope it's not a lie and it better be coming next year. Hopefully not too late into it, but since we didn't even get a season I bet it's gonna be second half.

ALright, that's everything so far that I care about. Will come back around later and make a post about PC, Ubi, and Square. And eventually a big one for Nintendo.

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:17 am

#NoOneCaresAboutMyOpinion
#NoOnePosts

Okay, with my passive aggresive memes out of the way let's talk about today.

PC: Nothing that interested me tbh. Also big rip to the people who backed Shenmue III. The kickstarted promised a steam version, that was the tier people payed for, to get a steam version of the game. But now it's an epic store exclusive on PC so uh... I guess the producers just don't give a Desu~ about their backers and would rather pocket more cash.

Ubisoft: Rainbow Six Quarantine is an interesting thing, if my friends who I normally play R6 with get it then I guess I will too, but I'm surprised that it's its own game. Hopefully it's good. AssCreed: Odyssey Story Maker seems really cool but I'm personally not going to get it cause I don't play AssCreed.

Square: A mixed bag. I was happy to see more of the DQXIS and DQB2 but it's not like we didn't know anything about them, plus they're both fairly close to coming out. I don't care for the FF7 Remake cause It's not actually FF7, it's just the stroy and charcaters places over an entirely different game and destroying the gameplay for pretty graphics doesn't interest me. I like turn based battles.

Overall it was mostly a disappointment, showed off and focused on some shooters way too much, I can't care for avangers, even more so when the story is the most generic superhero story ever and the hype moments for the crowd were like 'It isn't pay to win' or 'you can play as the avangers in the avangers' super not interested but that seems to be their main focus.

FFVIII Remaster is the only thing I got hyped for and am super happy to know is happening. It was the only old style FF missing a remaster and now it's getting one which also means it's also coming to switch which has me very happy. The Switch continues to be an amazing JRPG machine. It's my favorite genre so I got nothing to complain about here, keep them coming.

Otherwise it was just too much that we already knew or stuff I personally didn't care for. Still hoping the nintendo leaks for KH: Story so far on switch are real and nintendo just wanted to be the ones to announce it. Also I will continue to ask for Nier on switch, holding out hope.

We're about 6 hours out of Nintendos presentation. Big nintendo shill Eira will be sure to make a post, although it might be super late, I don't know. Depends how tired I feel after it since it's going live at 2AM my time.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 am

Eira wrote:Tales of ARISE looks Desu~ stunning! This better not be kept on consoles I don't have. I mean, I highly doubt it but it's always a concern, also really hope it's not a lie and it better be coming next year. Hopefully not too late into it, but since we didn't even get a season I bet it's gonna be second half.
Without having watched any of the presentation, I'm pretty excited and anxious at the same time about the next Tales of game - specifically since they've apparently said they want to redevelop a lot of the formula this time around. I really disliked Zestiria, and enjoyed Berseria only for the story and characters. So if they could take the battle system of Arise in a different direction, that'd be great. But of course, drastic changes always come at the risk of betraying the identity/tradition of the franchise. Either way, I'll definitely look into this more once it gets closer to release.

I did watch the new Borderlands 3 footage as well as an analysis of Moz' skill trees today. Honestly, my overall impression of the new skills in this game is getting me quite pumped. Plus judging from the video, the damage dealt by enemies seems to be more on the low end - in stark contrast to Borderlands 2, which I despise to this day for its sometimes absurd difficulty spikes in solo play. I hope they didn't just tone down the difficulty for the gameplay demo.
Now, for anyone following PC gaming news, you'll of course know about the dilemma 2K Games is confronting us with: Epic Store exclusivity for 6 months. I'm still not sure whether I'll buy the game there or find... slightly shadier means to play it until it releases for Steam next year. This partially depends on whether Epic ups their game and improves their launcher until September.