What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 am

Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I'm personally most interested in Sprite based fighters or "cell shaded models" series like BlazBlue, guilty gear, and Skullgirls.

Why did you never inform me of this, we've only played Tekken and Skullgirls together. I didn't know you had Blazblue or Guilty Gear stuff. Although I've played those even less then Skullgirls I do have 1 of each of those series too.

Which ones? I was thinking about picking up bbtag, but I have BlazBlue chronophantasma extend, guilty gear xrd rev 2, melty blood actress again, under night in birth exe late, king of fighters 98,2002,13,14, ultra street fighter 4, street fighter 5, Tekken 7, Skullgirls, and rivals of aether

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:48 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I'm personally most interested in Sprite based fighters or "cell shaded models" series like BlazBlue, guilty gear, and Skullgirls.

Why did you never inform me of this, we've only played Tekken and Skullgirls together. I didn't know you had Blazblue or Guilty Gear stuff. Although I've played those even less then Skullgirls I do have 1 of each of those series too.

Which ones? I was thinking about picking up bbtag.

I don't have BBTag, overall on my computer I only have Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-, GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R, Rivals of Aether, Skullgirls, TEKKEN 7, and Touhou 12.3th.

Kinda small collection cause I've only been into "traditional" fighters for a few years now. Been meaning to get more recent versions of most of these and I want Soul Caliber.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:06 am

Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:

I don't have BBTag, overall on my computer I only have Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-, GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R, Rivals of Aether, Skullgirls, TEKKEN 7, and Touhou 12.3th.

Kinda small collection cause I've only been into "traditional" fighters for a few years now. Been meaning to get more recent versions of most of these and I want Soul Caliber.

Soul caliber isn't my thing. The ranges of the weapon fighters plus I feel like bamco puts everything into Tekken so soul caliber gets shafted when it comes to proper balance, oh that and the ring out gimmick. Rev2 is something like $14 USD right now thanks to the sale, as for the others I'm willing to buy one if you want to get in on the ground floor together, just make sure it has a strong netcode or ggpo

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:

Why did you never inform me of this, we've only played Tekken and Skullgirls together. I didn't know you had Blazblue or Guilty Gear stuff.

Soul caliber isn't my thing. The ranges of the weapon fighters plus I feel like bamco puts everything into Tekken so soul caliber gets shafted when it comes to proper balance, oh that and the ring out gimmick. Rev2 is something like $14 USD right now thanks to the sale, as for the others I'm willing to buy one if you want to get in on the ground floor together, just make sure it has a strong netcode or ggpo

Yer, I do still find the ring out gimmick weird, since it’s not really in anything else. Like smash Bros is similar but also not similar at all. I would love to grab Rev2 or something else we both start at the same time. But I’m kinda going away soon for a week on holiday, won’t have my PC with me during that time so I don’t wanna get started on something just yet. Although if I’m gonna grab something I should do it while the sale is on, so I’ll look into it.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
Eira wrote:

Why did you never inform me of this, we've only played Tekken and Skullgirls together. I didn't know you had Blazblue or Guilty Gear stuff.

Yer, I do still find the ring out gimmick weird, since it’s not really in anything else. Like smash Bros is similar but also not similar at all. I would love to grab Rev2 or something else we both start at the same time. But I’m kinda going away soon for a week on holiday, won’t have my PC with me during that time so I don’t wanna get started on something just yet. Although if I’m gonna grab something I should do it while the sale is on, so I’ll look into it.

Don't worry I'm still absorbed in Tekken, grab something on sale, lemme know and I'll grab it too and we can play together

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I know kyuubey, brotaku, giant robot hug, btag, jewdude, and a few others still play kantai collection. Some since you needed a VPN. The anime arcade discord can help you along there. As for the events past I don't play the game but I'm pretty sure the girls are on rotation kind of like how fate go runs them in an 12 ish month cycle.

Eira wrote:First of all, I'm so happy that it's easier to play now. I have 1 friend who plays it hardcore, 1 who plays it often and 1 who plays it super casually. But they all got into it when it was bullshit hard to play from here, and that was the only reason I had stayed away. So maybe I'll dip my toes in a little.

As for the prospect of past event, I've asked my hardcore friend about it. He said "they’re usually unavailable for at least a year or so, and some rarely return as event-only rare drops after a period of time" so yer, looks like they keep their air of rarity still but it's still possible to get any you miss eventually.

Ah, OK. Thank you both for your replies! I really appreciate it. :D
Guess I'll have to wait until the next event occurs and see if the ships drop or not.

Also if there are any new Kancolle players reading this and you need help with the game, I recommend using this tutorial link by Anime Arcade, personally what I did is skip step 3 and used the "Kancolle Command Center Kai" addon for Google Chrome and selected the "force cookies option" in the settings menu. (Make sure subtitles are on as well!!!)
After the game is working, you can log out of DMM and change your computer time zone back to whatever it was before. No need to keep changing time zones or anything like that.

Just for information, I chose Fubuki (the first girl) for my starting character, and created 2 ships using the default resources, that got me through world 1-1.

Anyway, thanks again! I'll keep you updated on the game as things go on. :)

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Tetris 99 is a thing. I’ve been playing it and it’s actually really fun and super satisfying and making Tetris actually have a competitive aspect, where I can lose just because other people are better then me has made me get much better at Tetris very fast. I’m surpriseed that it was able to subconsciously push me to do that.

I got it cause it was free and I thought it would a fun silly thing but I’m actually really enjoying it and want to get better. So satisfying when you wipe someone out.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 am

So, while I'm still leveling up in and getting better at Vermintide 2, I've started playing some Apex Legends. Yes, I've jumped on the bandwagon, but this is actually my 1st battle royal game ever, believe it or not; I'd heard of the PUBG/Fornite craze, but never even looked at the games before.

The day of me craving a competitive online shooter are long gone, so this might seem like of a weird choice of game. But I do like the concept of the game mode (I enjoy the looting and inventory management), and what's more, all of it feels incredibly polished. From the options menu to character movement to weapon handling, it all clicks. If I didn't know this was developed for all major platforms, I would've taken it for a PC-exclusive title - it's simply that smooth and intuitive.

I haven't been too successful so far, but at least I've read/watched some guides to learn the basics and not drag my teammates down too much. I imagine I'll be playing this game for another couple of weeks before something else grabs my attention (Still glancing over at Tales of Vesperia).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 am

When you think you are good at tetris and then see this video ::terrible:: ::terrible:: ::terrible::

phpBB [video]
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 am

fragoff wrote:When you think you are good at tetris and then see this video.

“Playback on other websites has been removed by the video owner, lol. But I’ve seen it before haha, besides I don’t think I’m that good at all, or ever really just normal good, I’ve still never won a game of 99, I’m just better then when I started by a noticble amount and I’m surprised by how fast it happened. And while I am looking up starts purposefully now, at first it just happened naturally.

To expand on why I’m liking tetris 99 so much:
With normal Tetris I never felt the need to get better, because I was able to survive, even when it got fast I could keep up, it was just that my score was lame cause I didn’t try to get tetris’ or do t-spins or set anything up correctly. But I was able to keep the blocks low and survive and thus I was happy with my level of skill when I did play.

But I can’t get away with that here, even with my survival level it doesn’t mean anything when opponents are added blocks for me at an insane fast rate. I needed to play well enough to remove the garbage before it comes and to take out opponents to get badges.

I got better then I use to be and way faster then I would of expected. I started to actually take into account what the next blocks are going to be, I started saving important blocks in my bank to use later. And I’ve learnt how to set up tetris’ and long chains of clears. The only other main aspect I haven’t got down yet is T-spinning cause it’s complicated to set up and when I try to do it I usually end up messing it up and being in a very bad situation becuase of it.

Bascially I think Tetris 99 is really fun and having a battle royal game that give me anonymity and to a dagree let’s me do my own thing is a lot more fun then all the shooters out there. This reallt shows that the genre can be more then just shooters and there are many creative ways to do battle royal. I never thought I’d be the person who would look up tetris set ups, combos, and tech. Cause it always seemed so complicated and pointless but now I really am enjoying the learning experience of it aswell.