What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
Eira
I Bleed Anime

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby Eira » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 am

Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been out for closing in on a week and I've been really enjoying it so far, I got it day 1 and I don't time travel so I'm still not super far in but I've been enjoying it a lot. Always been a big Animal Crossing fan since Wild World and so I'm super happy with all the new features and improvements this game brings.

Obviously I've been playing it everyday and my schedule of my dailies I have to take care of on my island is staring to settle in to place, just super fun as good as Animal Crossing has always been, only real complaint is I wish they hadn't removed gyroids. If anyone else is playing let me know, maybe we can visit each others islands and possibly exchange fruit, I'm still missing a few fruits.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Visick
I Like Anime

Postby Visick » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Been on a souls game kick recently. Beat DS1 and dlc, just beat the base game for DS3, and now playing DS2 scholar of the first sin. Love these games

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:42 am

I recently installed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl again for another playthrough with the Autumn Aurora mod. I can't get enough of that game... I hope S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will come out next year as announced and that it's going to be a worthy sequel.

Right now, I'm playing through Wasteland 2 again. About a month ago, I got to see footage of Wasteland 3's closed beta, and hands down, I'm just about as freaking hyped for that game as I was for Borderlands 3 last year. The bad news is that, while it was supposed to come out in May, it's been delayed for 3 months. Allegedly due to the corona situation, but I find that a bit hard to believe (3 months seems way overblown - it's more likely they realized they couldn't finish / properly polish the game in time, so they used the current crisis as a pretense). So to make bridging the gap a bit easier, I figured I'd give part 2 another go. It's been a while since I've last played it, after all.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Thu May 14, 2020 8:33 am

I got and finished Good Job! a 10 hour game I just knocked out in one go, was a lot of fun. A little expensive for how short it is but I overall really enjoyed it, just a fun and silly game that feels like it would be really fun to speedrun so I might look into that.

Side Note: I've done speedrunning in the past, I'm actually the world record holder for Any% in Advance Wars. But it's mainly just menu navigation and not many people play the Any% category cause it has a glitch that makes it super short.

I always started and already finished Katamari Damacy Reroll,these games are always so fun, once you start growing to absurd sizes in levels it's just an absolute joy. Absolutely worth it despite how short it is if it's the kind of thing you enjoy, a seriously fun game and I'm really happy with it. Hopefully more of the older ones can come to switch and maybe a whole brand new one that isn't on phones, that'd be nice.

I finished the Golden Deer route for Fire Emblem: Three Houses and so I got started on the Blue Lions route, I also plan to do the DLC soon, since I bought it ages ago. Also my Blue Lions run is a NG+ run so that's also been a lot of fun, since it does make it a fair bit easier.

Still making my way through Katawa Shoujo, I actually got one of the death endings by just trying to be myself. Doing act 1 again but skipping read dialog and still being blind but just trying to not die again I was able to end up on the Rin route. I got it done, all 3 endings for her and ALL dialog, even just the one or two lines based on choices that don't matter and now I've moved on to Hanako.

Also started Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds just a really solid and really fun beat 'em up game. I got the Itsuki run done but there's still all the other base characters, some more I unlocked for beating the game and two DLC characters I bought. Including weirdly enough Makise Kurisu, from Steins;Gate, she's just a DLC fighter here. So yer, still got a ton of runs to do, plus I wanna get it done on the higher difficulties I've now unlocked.

By the way I've never talked about it here but all of Katamari, Phantom Breaker, most of Katawa Shoujo, and the Blue Lions run thus far. Have all been on Twitch, I moved from Youtube to Twitch, don't know if that interests anyone but I'll just mention it for a bit of promotion. https://www.twitch.tv/eira_99/
There's also a Stream Archive Channel on youtube since past broadcasts go away after 15 days. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdTEDh ... YH-Dh2-5Dg

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 am

Eira wrote:Rin route. I got it done, all 3 endings for her and ALL dialog, even just the one or two lines based on choices that don't matter
Well, kudos on that. Rin's route is sort of notorious for having a few missable scenes, at least one of which you can only unlock by picking a very specific sequence of choices. I also went for the 100% on my first time through the VN, and I had to refer to a guide to track down the last missing scene from her route.

I recently bought and blasted through Resident Evil 7 when it was discounted on Steam. It was pretty good, although the difficulty at some points was quite brutal. But I kind of prefer that over cakewalking in a Resident Evil game. The first-person perspective contributed to making this a much scarier horror game than the earlier titles in the franchise could ever hope to be.

Right now, I'm playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I've heard the name thrown around a bunch of times while reading reviews on Wasteland 2, and since it was also on sale a short while ago, I figured I might enjoy it. I'll definitely say the difficulty so far is rather punishing (at the default setting). Luckily, the game allows unlimited quicksaving. All the different avenues of progression outside of the instanced battles - building, researching, buying new equipment, upgrading, launching satellites, etc. - fit together quite well and also require you to manage your resources very carefully. The battle system itself is very solid, although I'm still in the process of figuring out successful strategies.

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 am

May 15th:
BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:Rin route. I got it done, all 3 endings for her and ALL dialog, even just the one or two lines based on choices that don't matter
Well, kudos on that. Rin's route is sort of notorious for having a few missable scenes, at least one of which you can only unlock by picking a very specific sequence of choices. I also went for the 100% on my first time through the VN, and I had to refer to a guide to track down the last missing scene from her route.

Yer, Rin has the most choices and there's a point where you get three choice, and they're all different if you make one different choice earlier. So I had to do a bit to get all three of those. And then a different choice that doesn't affect the overall game gives you a difference scene in act 2, which I did have to use a guide to figure out.

Luckily since I stream it I had a friend in chat who was helping me out with looking stuff up, so I don't accidentally see spoilers.

May 29th edit: XC:DE came out today, the original is my favorite game of all time, so I had it pre orderd and got the limited edition. (Weirdly enough Australia has the best limited edition with the most stuff, followed by Europe. While Japan and America both only get 1 thing aside from the game, but different things, japan the soundtrack and america the artbook. Which both Europe and Australia versions have both of plus more.)

Anyway, so despite loving this game so much and supporting it, it didn't arrive today in the mail. I never get games delivered because I've never once had them arrive on the right date, but I had to this time, stores closed for COVID. or at least they were when I pre-orderd, but they're open now. I pre-orderd early to secure the limited edition so I bascially got cheated out of getting the game on time.

Now people who didn't even pre-order and maybe even buy the game 1 or 2 days late will get to play it before me, I feel so Desu~ cheated! Since it's friday, so no post till monday, I wanna die. But anyway, as of May 28th (Australian time) would of been late 27th for BlueSpark and maybe even still the 26th in america MapleStroy 2's global servers shut down, it's only in Korea and China now.

A big shame cause I played it a lot, the second time I've ever really gotten into an MMO, the first being RuneScape back in school. Either way I wanted to try find a good MMO replacement, and realised that within hours of MS2 going down, Phantasy Star Online 2, North American English version went live. Now it's technically region locked to NA, but since I didn't know that I thought my issues were just the store being weird and kept trying untill it worked, so I accidentally found a really easy work around.

Anyway, so as of yesterday I've been playing the English Phantasy Star Online 2, it's a lot of fun, I can understand why this MMO has been able to survive for such a long time in japan, since it's had such a long and successful life I assume the same will be true in this case and it won't end up having to close like MS2 did. I've been enjoying and streaming it for the past few days, been a lot of fun, solid game.

Also I was surprised my connection was so good, Australia doesn't have good internet speeds at all, it's like 50th in the world, which for a 1st world economically important country like ours is just horrible. Luckily COVID has actually made it a high priority to the general public, when it never has been before, so companies are actually competing to have good speeds for once, it's good to see.

I have the best connection you can get in Australia either way, it's not bad but it's not great either. But I can livestream AND play PSO2, which is connecting to NA servers, at the same time and have no issues. The game doesn't really lag and my stream only drops like 0.2% of frames.

TL;DR - MapleStroy 2 closed down, Phantasy Star Online 2 went live, I play that now. And I was cheated out of my XC:DE copy for three days!

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sat May 30, 2020 7:35 am

After having finished XCOM 1, I thought about switching over to something different, but then decided to jump straight into the sequel instead. And holy cow, XCOM 2 has me hooked. It very much builds on all the foundations of the previous game, but improves the whole package in nearly every aspect. I've been cutting my anime-watching time for the last week and a half just because I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from my PC every night. I'm pretty close to the end right now, and legitimately thinking about whether I should start a 2nd playthrough right after this one. Good on you, Firaxis (the game's developers). Whenever there's a new XCOM game, Chances are I'll be one of your first customers.

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 am

So as I said Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition came out on Friday, but didn't arrive on time so I had to wait all the way to Monday. So it did come on Monday and I just haven't made a post about it till now but it's great obviously.

Original is my favorite game of all time, so getting to come back to it once again, now with revamped graphics is pure joy. It looks so amazing, it's a huge step up, since this is not some simple upres, the games a decade all and the models and textures for both the characters and the environments have been redone in and put into the engine used for XC2.

It's great looking and I absolutely love it, I was always amazed by the beauty of the original game anyway, so for it to be ramped up to yet another level is something else. I've been streaming it every day since I got it on monday and so far I'm about 15 hours in and have just gotten Riki, so my 6th party member. It's been a hell of a lot of fun, feels good to be back.