What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby fragoff » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Getting back on stardew valley for some farming fun. Second winter and time to get those 300 kegs ready for spring!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 am

I started another playthrough of F.E.A.R. 2 a couple of days ago. The franchise is one of my all-time favorites in gaming. With the days being naturally short given the season, I can turn off the lights after 6pm and enjoy it in all of its dark and 'terrific' glory :P.

Don't get me started on the disappointment that was F.E.A.R. 3, though, or I'll turn scary for once :x!
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Scribblenog
I Like Anime

Postby Scribblenog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 am

Been drawn into the Black Hole that is Black Desert Online.
The character creation, the combat, the visuals...
the micro, the drudgery, the time sink...
crud, my workers need more beer...

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Scribblenog wrote:Been drawn into the Black Hole that is Black Desert Online.
The character creation, the combat, the visuals...
the micro, the drudgery, the time sink...
crud, my workers need more beer...

I'm so jealous, I have a toaster for a computer so I can't play it, I'm waiting for the Xbox release in early 2018, but is nice that a lot of PC games are coming to consoles.
So, how crazy is the character creation, did you spend hours on it?

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 am

Star-K wrote:but is nice that a lot of PC games are coming to consoles.

In your dream, my friend!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Player Unknown's Battle Ground is so fun, it has recently been released as a preview on Xbox and I can say it's an absolute blast. Since it is a preview it's a little buggy, sometimes frame drop but it seems to be getting better and sometimes I teleport a few feet for a couple of seconds, but again, it seems to be getting better.
Gameplay is fine, but since it was made for PC, the inventory it a little confusing to understand, but as soon as I got use to it was became easier to sort things out. Shooting, it's a little weird, but I'm not use to super accurate shooting in close combat, I haven't done any long range shooting, I've only done it ones and it seems fine to me, going up against one hundred people to be the last one alive is so stressful, but when you win that Chicken Dinner it's a great sense of accomplishment. Besides that it's a really fun game and it's different every time.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 am

Finding paradise is out and i will be playing it as soon as i go back home.
If it is even half as good as To the moon, i guess i will have to deny those man tears and rely on the almighty grain of sand in the eye.
Really eager to play this and fell the feelz!

Edit: Johnny and River, peace out. I love you guys! ♡

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 am

I'm currently giving Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel another go after only having played through it with 1 class a while back. It feels much better balanced for a single-player experience than Borderlands 2 did, which was extremely tough overall (either that or my skills are simply too lackluster).

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 pm

So i just finished Finding Paradise.

Let me start by saying this: if you did not play 'To the moon', you probably missed one of the best game of the past 20 years. The story would have teared you appart.

That being said, Finding paradise was not as good as To the moon, but it was up there with a good story and the feelz. I probably didn't cry as much as in the previous game, but i still did. The story keept me hooked to the game for 5 consecutive hours, the number needed to finish it, wich is a hour more than to the moon required.

We must admit that Gao and freebird had set a huge bar up with the first game. I knew it would be almost impossible to reach or go behond it. they still tried and managed to do good nonetheless.

Doctors Eva Rosalene and Neil Watts are back and their interaction is as fun and as witty as it was in the first game. A real pleasure to spend some more time with those dudes!

The music score, as expected, was excelent, again! I surprised myself a couple of times stopping the gameplay just to listen to the ambiant song of the moment. As soon as i finish writing this, i will definitly go buy the soundtrack like i did with To the moon.

The only 2 issues i had with this game was that you needed to have played To the moon and a bird story to understand certain aspects of the game. To the moon was needed to explain the interface in general and what was those mementos this game was all about. A bird story was needed to understand a major plot point of the game...and thus cry like a little girl when making the connection!

So if any of you already played To the moon, go for the second game. not as great but still far better that most of what is out there. For the others, well, i feel sorry for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMs9QeuR4E

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 am

fragoff wrote:Let me start by saying this: if you did not play 'To the moon', you probably missed one of the best game of the past 20 years. The story would have teared you appart.
You just sold me on this title, fragoff. Thanks for the lengthy post - that's what ultimately convinced me to look it up :). The high amount of positive user reviews on Steam bolsters your assessment. I'll look into the other 2 games afterwards.