What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:28 am

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I only played Far Cry 2 for a couple of hours before dropping it. I simply couldn't deal with the process of having to trek/drive halfway across the map towards a mission objective, killing various enemies along the way, fulfilling my mission, then returning and encountering the same enemies again on my way back. The enemy respawn rates were simply too ridiculous for me to handle. As a disclaimer, I've always preferred games where areas I've cleared of enemies stay cleared out, at least for a long time, if not permanently.

If there was a good story attached to the game, then unfortunately I didn't get to see it.

Just offering a different point of view, hopefully no one will take offense to that :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm

You are not being fair spark. Far cry 2 is an 11 years old game. What you complain about, legitimaly nowdays, is beside the point here.
Farcry 2 was, beside being extremly buggy, as open world precursor as you could get. Common rules on how to make traveling and encouters had not been established yet.
Personaly, farcry had atmosphere in there. I was feeling much more in africa then than in latin america or tibet in the next instalments.
But god did i cursed the malaria mechanic back then.

Farcry 2 is like the first crysis. To understand the greatness of those games, you have to mentaly try to put yourself back in the time they were made. If you do, you understand how ahead of their time they were.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:54 am

>still Tekken 7, I'm still not great but it is fun<

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 am

Liam neeson made 7 of those???!!!! ;)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 am

Technically more

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 am

As a king main I can feel it

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 am

Always was more of a killer instinct fan back in 1994, the age of arcade. Altought i used to like the old drunk guy.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:07 am

Ki was never my jam, same with mortal Kombat. I don't know what it is about them I just don't like it. I think it has something to do with how large the startup of moves are so you feel like you're playing with extra delay. Makes everything feel heavy. Then again I play hyper fighters so I guess that thought makes sense

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:34 pm

The first 2 mortal kombat were light on combos. Beside, the first one was already 2 years old and i don't think the second one was out yet. So it was out of the arcade picture.
When tekken got out, the rage was also all about KI. I think my choice was solely based on looks. You must admit that the original tekken, altought groundbreaking in 3D, was a total eyesore compare to the others.
But even if i was never a tekken fan, i played a lot of soul caliber. It sure feels different and thus i understand your point.

If i had to identify to one fighting game in my life, it would definitly be x-men vs street fighter. I overplayed that game, even to the point of going to tournements and even win some of them.

It the end, personal taste is never wrong.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm

fragoff wrote:The first 2 mortal kombat were light on combos. But i sort of get what you mean.
When tekken got out, the rage was also all about KI. I think my choice was solely based on looks. You must admit that the original tekken, altought groundbreaking in 3D, was a total eyesore compare to the others.
But even if i was never a tekken fan, i played a lot of soul caliber. It sure feels different and thus i understand your point.

If i had to identify to one fighting game in my life, it would definitly be x-men vs street fighter.

Oh no, for sure Tekken 1 was just hideous, but it was groundbreaking. I'm personally most interested in Sprite based fighters or "cell shaded models" series like BlazBlue, guilty gear, and Skullgirls. My first time playing a fighting game was Tekken 2 though so moving forward to Tekken 7 almost felt like a return home.... Well that and I went right back to my original main. Something great about a legacy character in a legacy focused game. Now they finally gave me both forms of King ::peace::