What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 pm

fragoff wrote:Farcry 2 is like the first crysis. To understand the greatness of those games, you have to mentaly try to put yourself back in the time they were made. If you do, you understand how ahead of their time they were.
You're asking too much of me, fragoff :P. I've never cared much about the aspect of contemporariness (Is that a word?) of entertainment media. Although I do concede that there's some value to be found in considering it, I simply prefer to take my video games at face value.

Far Cry 2 may have pioneered the open world concept, but if I simply couldn't warm up to the way it was implemented, I'm allowed to dislike the game for it, no? Again, I don't mean to poop on anyone's party. If you enjoyed it, that's great :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Skullgirl is amazing! Too bad i am getting old and my reflexess are telling me i suck at it. I would have milked this game to the bone to become good at it.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm

BlueSpark wrote:I'm allowed to dislike the game for it, no?.

Of course. Taste is taste. Beside, it is true that 3d never ages well. So just graphicaly you could shun an old game right there.
The only thing you are wrong and not allowed in diseliking is subs. You know that ;)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm

fragoff wrote:Skullgirl is amazing! Too bad i am getting old and my reflexess are telling me i suck at it. I would have milked this game to the bone to become good at it.

ITS MY MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM! Skullgirls is my #1 hyper fighter

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:
fragoff wrote:Skullgirl is amazing! Too bad i am getting old and my reflexess are telling me i suck at it. I would have milked this game to the bone to become good at it.

ITS MY MOST PLAYED GAME ON STEAM! Skullgirls is my #1 hyper fighter

This game is so well done. The drawings are amazing, the combat makes sense...sort of...and the csrracters are super weird! I love watching this game, it is a real eye pleaser. You can see this game was a labor of love before anything else!
This game reminds me a lot of the mummy in dark stalker. The way carracters shapechange during attacks and stuff.
You have good taste my friend...even if you fall into mechas a bit ;)

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 am

I only know about Skullgirls because a while ago, a number of videos popped up on YouTube showing the English VAs of the characters playing the game and having a blast with it. It did look pretty funky :D.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32 am

I recently dabbled into playing Kantai Collection and I was surprised you don't need a VPN or a proxy to play this game anymore - just a DMM account and "Kancolle Viewer" addon for Chrome. The game might lag the first time you play it but maybe that's just my unstable connection. :P

I have a question if anyone here has played this game - can you still unlock the ships that only dropped during past events, or are they gone for good? If the latter, it's unfair to players who have only just started playing the game...

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 am

MojaveRena wrote:I recently dabbled into playing Kantai Collection and I was surprised you don't need a VPN or a proxy to play this game anymore - just a DMM account and "Kancolle Viewer" addon for Chrome. The game might lag the first time you play it but maybe that's just my unstable connection. :P

I have a question if anyone here has played this game - can you still unlock the ships that only dropped during past events, or are they gone for good? If the latter, it's unfair to players who have only just started playing the game...

I know kyuubey, brotaku, giant robot hug, btag, jewdude, and a few others still play kantai collection. Some since you needed a VPN. The anime arcade discord can help you along there. As for the events past I don't play the game but I'm pretty sure the girls are on rotation kind of like how fate go runs them in an 12 ish month cycle.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:52 am

BlueSpark wrote:I only know about Skullgirls because a while ago, a number of videos popped up on YouTube showing the English VAs of the characters playing the game and having a blast with it. It did look pretty funky :D.

It's easy to run and works on Mac, if anyone wants to play I'm more than willing to oblige. You can find my steam account here
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Beazleboss

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:I'm personally most interested in Sprite based fighters or "cell shaded models" series like BlazBlue, guilty gear, and Skullgirls.

Why did you never inform me of this, we've only played Tekken and Skullgirls together. I didn't know you had Blazblue or Guilty Gear stuff. Although I've played those even less then Skullgirls I do have 1 of each of those series too.
MojaveRena wrote:I recently dabbled into playing Kantai Collection and I was surprised you don't need a VPN or a proxy to play this game anymore - just a DMM account and "Kancolle Viewer" addon for Chrome. I have a question if anyone here has played this game - can you still unlock the ships that only dropped during past events, or are they gone for good? If the latter, it's unfair to players who have only just started playing the game...

First of all, I'm so happy that it's easier to play now. I have 1 friend who plays it hardcore, 1 who plays it often and 1 who plays it super casually. But they all got into it when it was bullshit hard to play from here, and that was the only reason I had stayed away. So maybe I'll dip my toes in a little.

As for the prospect of past event, I've asked my hardcore friend about it. He said "they’re usually unavailable for at least a year or so, and some rarely return as event-only rare drops after a period of time" so yer, looks like they keep their air of rarity still but it's still possible to get any you miss eventually.
Last edited by Eira on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560