Visual Novels

Gamers paradise!
shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Re: Visual Novels

Postby shikakage » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Ill try to be as prompt with her route as i can but things do come up. But with thanksgiving breaking coming soon i will try my best :D

No worries Vern. Take your time and enjoy the game. :)

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:57 am

shikakage wrote:No worries Vern. Take your time and enjoy the game. :)

Well it's been about two weeks and I've begun to notice something fishy. It seems to me that this recommended order that I should play the routes seems to skew the way I feel about them. (Amane, Sachi, Michiru, Yumiko) It seems that every new route then I complete ends up being my new favorite and Yumiko is no exception. Let me get more in depth.
Major Yumiko Route Spoilers!!!

Spoiler:
Good ending: Yumiko's good ending route is now my new favorite. Like I said every new route has taken the title as my favorite route. Sachi took over Amane, Michiru over Sachi and so on. Yumiko's story had several instances where it just moved me.

The first instance of this was in the middle of the route when Yuuji rescued you Miko after her father's been kidnapped her and took her to the plane. The dialogue between them was sweet and romantic in a way. It also gave us a little more insight on Yuuji's past. The next moment was when they were at the amusement park and Yuuji said to her "i'm really glad you were born. Thank you." In the little monologue that follow was probably the most beautiful thing that I have heard thus far. It honestly brought me to tears. Next was the moment between Michiaki and Yuuji at the hospital in the moment with Yumiko on the roof. The conversation with Michiaki was really eye opening, revealing his past as well as a little bit of Yuuji's. The moment on the roof shortly after really sealed the deal making this a memorable moment. And lastly was the scene, 5 years later, with Yuuji, Yumiko, and their daughter Yuma. Their sweet daughter and beautiful artwork really made this scene for me. I really enjoyed seeing the "after story" from Amane's route and this had the same effect. It was my 2nd favorite moment, right behind the amusement park one.

Another reason this is my new favorite route was because their relationship was more like an actual relationship. Obviously that's because the way the story was told but I enjoyed seeing them act like a real couple and a family. It was more of trying to lead a normal-ish life rather than trying to solve the girls problem. I think it sent Yumiko's route apart from the rest of making it more memorable and enjoyable in that way.

Lastly what made it my favorite route was it was my favorite version of Yuuji. I don't really know how to explain it but Yuuji was just much more enjoyable in Yumiko's route than the other girls. It was a lot nicer and more of a gentleman. The way he thought of the Miko was very sweet and seemed more in tuned with how a normal person would view his lover. And during the H-scenes, he got to show more of his dominatrix side which I found very amusing. :lol:

Bad ending: This was an less of a bad ending in more of the neutral happy ending. It seemed like there was the good ending and then the better ending. I didn't really have a problem with it, it was just uneventful and is the only ending that didnt make me cry.

Sexy Times: Yumiko's route by far had my favorite sex scenes of the bunch. Like I said earlier their relationship was more that of a nice normal couple and it was a good change of pace compared to the other girls. You make those awkwardness in the sheets and her nervousness when saying what you wanted was extremely cute and made me love her even more than I already did. Just like Yuuji was saying, the way she talked and made her seem even cuter. I can understand why Yuuji couldn't control himself sometimes. :lol: Yuuji's dominatrix side, and Yumiko's outstanding cuteness made the H-scenes more enjoyable in every way.

Thats what i thought about Yumiko's route. What did you think? Let me know! :D

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Well it's been about two weeks and I've begun to notice something fishy. It seems to me that this recommended order that I should play the routes seems to skew the way I feel about them. (Amane, Sachi, Michiru, Yumiko) It seems that every new route then I complete ends up being my new favorite and Yumiko is no exception. Let me get more in depth.

You know what, reading your comments for the route gave me goosebumps. I'm really glad that you loved her route. I was told by LK before that most people see her route as "meh" but just like you, I enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
I also agree with you when you said that the Yuuji in this route is far better than the others. This Yuuji was willing to protect Yumiko to the point of betraying his organization and offering his life. I loved it. I think this was one of the reason why I hated Yuuji on Michiru's route. I played Yumiko first before Michiru so the comparison of Yuuji's personality was night and day. He was more gentle (well except for the sexy scenes :lol:) and protective of Yumiko.

It was a fun ride and the good end was heart warming.

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

shikakage wrote:You know what, reading your comments for the route gave me goosebumps. I'm really glad that you loved her route. I was told by LK before that most people see her route as "meh" but just like you, I enjoyed it.

Yea, talked to Ellie and LK about it and they both have the same opinion, with Michiru being their favorite. I hope the love i had for Yumiko wont effect how i feel about Makina. I dont think it will, but theres always the chance. I can wait to get done with her route so i can watch the anime. I have been waiting soooo long! On a quick note, do you think of Makina's route? No spoilers of course.

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Yea, talked to Ellie and LK about it and they both have the same opinion, with Michiru being their favorite. I hope the love i had for Yumiko wont effect how i feel about Makina. I dont think it will, but theres always the chance. I can wait to get done with her route so i can watch the anime. I have been waiting soooo long! On a quick note, do you think of Makina's route? No spoilers of course.

Before I got into Makina's route, I heard so much positive things about it that I think my expectations blew up. Honestly, Makina's route is my least favorite. Her route is good but I feel that it was pretty rushed. Brace yourself for the bad end.

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:57 pm

shikakage wrote:
Vern-kun wrote:Yea, talked to Ellie and LK about it and they both have the same opinion, with Michiru being their favorite. I hope the love i had for Yumiko wont effect how i feel about Makina. I dont think it will, but theres always the chance. I can wait to get done with her route so i can watch the anime. I have been waiting soooo long! On a quick note, do you think of Makina's route? No spoilers of course.

Before I got into Makina's route, I heard so much positive things about it that I think my expectations blew up. Honestly, Makina's route is my least favorite. Her route is good but I feel that it was pretty rushed. Brace yourself for the bad end.

Oh, boy oh boy oh boy! The tear bank is ready for a withdraw..... :(

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Oh, boy oh boy oh boy! The tear bank is ready for a withdraw..... :(

Well, I don't think you'll cry buckets for the bad end but let's just say that among all the bad ends...Makina's is the most disturbing. As usual, let me know what you think! :)

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:00 pm

shikakage wrote: As usual, let me know what you think! :)

Will do! :D

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:14 am

shikakage wrote:boop

Well I just finished Makina's route and i'm sad to say I ended on a poor note. While it may be unpopular opinion her route is actually my least favorite and here's why...
Makina Spoilers Ahead

Spoiler:
Good ending: Her route did offer a lot of potential and I really enjoyed all of the background on the Yuuji and his company but the ending Kinda ruined it for me. Well this may have been because I saved the ending for a different day when I should've just done it all at once a few days ago it kind of dampened the feels I was getting from it. While the good ending was certainly preferable compared to the bad ending it still felt like it could've been better. Maki taking over Yuuji's place in the company was an interesting twist it is now her that is trapped under the company's foot. Yuuji also didn't seem very happy in the bakery if anything he was very sullen and not like he was in the other good endings. I also take in the fact that this ending was the only ending I didn't cry in while the others left me a broken man. :lol:

Bad Ending: Well that was a thing. That was probably the most f'ed up thing I've ever seen. And I was honestly confused when the ending video came out I thought There were two good endings. I was too shocked to even get upset about it. When Yuuji died, her mind just broke, she kept his remains in a garbage bag and still talks to him at their bakery. So freaking depressing.

Sexy times: I could not enjoy these the same as I could the others she was just too childish and I couldn't stop and laughing during them. I guess that makes them enjoyable in their own way but I never took Makina seriously enough to enjoy the scenes in any "impure" way. ;)

Overall: I love this route for what it is unfortunately it ended up being my least favorite. That doesn't take anything away from it though because it did have the best set up story up until the ending in my opinion. Not to mention it offered the most backstory behind Yuuji and the company that he works at. Obviously I recommend everybody play it but I wouldn't save this route for last.

Finale: This is how may favorite route order go's- Least to most favorite
Makina > Amane> Sachi > Michiru > Yumiko

Let me know your thoughts!!!

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Vern-kun wrote:
Spoiler:
Good ending: Her route did offer a lot of potential and I really enjoyed all of the background on the Yuuji and his company but the ending Kinda ruined it for me. Well this may have been because I saved the ending for a different day when I should've just done it all at once a few days ago it kind of dampened the feels I was getting from it. While the good ending was certainly preferable compared to the bad ending it still felt like it could've been better. Maki taking over Yuuji's place in the company was an interesting twist it is now her that is trapped under the company's foot. Yuuji also didn't seem very happy in the bakery if anything he was very sullen and not like he was in the other good endings. I also take in the fact that this ending was the only ending I didn't cry in while the others left me a broken man. :lol:

Bad Ending: Well that was a thing. That was probably the most f'ed up thing I've ever seen. And I was honestly confused when the ending video came out I thought There were two good endings. I was too shocked to even get upset about it. When Yuuji died, her mind just broke, she kept his remains in a garbage bag and still talks to him at their bakery. So freaking depressing.

Spoiler:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt this way. Makina's route was also my least favorite but in my case it may be because her route was given hype and I just expected too much from it. Actually, I felt it was kind of rushed and a bit shallow compared to the other route.

I also thought there were 2 good endings, when I saw her tummy I thought maybe the 2 good endings was a surprise....then I saw the BAG and I was never the same again. :lol:

That was seriously Desu~ up man! My brain was at a standstill for a few seconds. I couldn't believe it was happening. I watched the bad ending at least 2 - 3 times so see if I missed something!

Vern-kun wrote:Finale: This is how may favorite route order go's- Least to most favorite
Makina > Amane> Sachi > Michiru > Yumiko

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Least to most favorite, for me it would be...

Makina > Michiru >Amane > Yumiko > Sachi

I LOVE Yumiko but Sachi's route is my favorite. The music, Yuuji in this arc, and the story just greatly satisfied me. Amane's was great but it was something that I don't think I'll be able to play again.

Although I rank the routes this way, I have to say that they are all good and came really close to each other.