Visual Novels

Gamers paradise!
Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Re: Visual Novels

Postby Vern-kun » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:35 pm

shikakage wrote:
Least to most favorite, for me it would be...

Makina > Michiru >Amane > Yumiko > Sachi

I LOVE Yumiko but Sachi's route is my favorite. The music, Yuuji in this arc, and the story just greatly satisfied me. Amane's was great but it was something that I don't think I'll be able to play again.

Although I rank the routes this way, I have to say that they are all good and came really close to each other.

Sachi's arc is really touching but Amane, Michiru, and Sachi are all really close to me. If i had to rank based on a 10 system it would go like this.
Makina 9/10
Amane 10/10
Sachi 10/10
Michiru 10/10
Yumiko 11/10
Playing this game will stay with me forever and i hope to one day find a gf who can appreciate its beauty. Now that i have finished the game, i can finally watch the show! I think i will post my thoughts here, considering this had become more of a Grisaia thread rather than a VN one :D

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Playing this game will stay with me forever and i hope to one day find a gf who can appreciate its beauty. Now that i have finished the game, i can finally watch the show! I think i will post my thoughts here, considering this had become more of a Grisaia thread rather than a VN one :D

I know how you feel. This is the first VN that I really really REALLY loved. I'm glad I bought it and I definitely won't shut-up about this game. :lol:

The anime is ok (considering its a 13 ep show) but seeing as how you loved Yumiko's route, I have a feeling that you will not like it but the 2nd season and the OVA is worth watching is as well. I was going to wait until the 2nd and 3rd Grisaia VNs were released before watching the 2nd season and OVA but I just couldn't wait.

Yes, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the anime. :)

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 pm

shikakage wrote:Yes, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the anime. :)

Ask and you shall receive :D

I watched the first 4 episodes, getting into Michiru's route. The
Spoiler:
death of meowmel
still killed me in the anime. Its just to fricken sad to watch :( I was very pleased to see that the voices and music are still the same. Even the little cartoons that the game had are in there as well! While its not giving me as much excitement as when i played the game, i am enjoying it so far :D

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:09 am

shikakage wrote:Cont.

Well, i just finished episode 13 of Fruit of Grisaia and it was pretty ok. I mean its garbage compared to the VN (especially Yumiko's route :x ) and Sachi's got hit pretty bad too but overall it wasnt that bad. The twist in Amane's story was a good idea but
Spoiler:
I wish it was more practical. Waiting for him to pee? Really? but whatever. It gave us some cool Yuuji stuff to watch and got to see Michiru piss herself. (i really felt bad for her though :( ) I also would have prefered they didnt go down the "rape" route but it wasnt touched that much so im mostly ok with it.
overall i am pleased with the anime and am looking forward to watch the specials as well as Labyrinth and Eden. Although i wish i could play the uncut VN ::terrible:: Maybe one day!!!

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Well, i just finished episode 13 of Fruit of Grisaia and it was pretty ok. I mean its garbage compared to the VN (especially Yumiko's route :x ) and Sachi's got hit pretty bad too but overall it wasnt that bad. The twist in Amane's story was a good idea but
Spoiler:
I wish it was more practical. Waiting for him to pee? Really? but whatever. It gave us some cool Yuuji stuff to watch and got to see Michiru piss herself. (i really felt bad for her though :( ) I also would have prefered they didnt go down the "rape" route but it wasnt touched that much so im mostly ok with it.
overall i am pleased with the anime and am looking forward to watch the specials as well as Labyrinth and Eden. Although i wish i could play the uncut VN ::terrible:: Maybe one day!!!

Yeah, Yumiko's and Sacchi's route were the most heavily altered and Michiru's and Amane's route stuck to the original story the most. Yumiko's route pissed me the most but I understood why they made it that way. I still think they could have done a better job though. 2 episodes per girl to cover each route is a very tall order. I was also a bit upset that they didn't do a special ED song for each girl's route. I think only Michiru and Amane had their ED played?

I would have preferred if they did it like Amagami SS where it does like a reset after each girl's route.

You should continue to Rakuen and Eden. IMO, Eden was greatly done, well, I haven't played the VN yet but at least you'll have a bit of closure while we wait for the other games to be released. Eden is action packed and kept me glued to the screen the entire time.

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:46 am

shikakage wrote: I think only Michiru and Amane had their ED played?

You should continue to Rakuen and Eden. IMO, Eden was greatly done, well, I haven't played the VN yet but at least you'll have a bit of closure while we wait for the other games to be released. Eden is action packed and kept me glued to the screen the entire time.

All the girls had their ED song played, but only Michiru and Amane had their's as the actual ending with the credits. The other 3 girls had their songs play while the end of the episode as it was about to end.

Im definently continuing. Im not going to wait for the VN's, i would actually die!

I dont remember if we already discussed this, but what are your favorite ED songs in order from least to most favorite?

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:02 am

shikakage wrote:Labyrinth

Labyrinth Stuff
Spoiler:
I also finished watching labyrinth and it was pretty neko good. The one thing I've been craving throughout this whole experience was backstory and even though makina's route gave some of that, labyrinth was exactly what I was looking for. Yuuji's dark past was finally uncovered my only wish it was that I was playing the VN. Throughout his whole experience I felt so bad for him and I would've done anything to help the kid out. And I think we can all agree that the blonde haired dude one biggest scumbag of the century. He was too freaking despicable and I wanted him dead the whole time. Maybe I will get my wish in Eden's story :-D If i had to rank it as a movie, it would have to be one of the best movies i have ever seen. It was so dark, sad, thrilling, nail biting and entertaining. The perfect psychological anime ive been wanting to watch since Parasyte.

What did you think? Also dont forget the question in the previous post! :D

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Vern-kun wrote:ED and Labyrinth

Oh I remember, their songs did play but it would have been better if the song was actually complete. Don't really understand why they only played it on the BG.

My ranking would be:

Michiru's song > Sachi > Yumiko > Amane > Makine

I loved Michiru's song it's bubbly and fun. Kind of like her. :)

I agree, Labyrinth did good considering it's just an OVA.

Spoiler:
You can actually see the downfall of Yuuji's household after Kazuki's death. That scene were Yuuji actually ate spoiled bread because he thought he wasn't good enough to open the fridge really showed how his parents messed him up. Yuuji's dad is just one big asshole and that scene were he raped his mother in front of him. I was speechless! I'm glad that her master took him in. Sure it wasn't the best environment for a kid but after everything Yuuji's been through (blonde shotacon KumaShock!?) he could've been a serial killer or picked-up by other bad people who would've done far worse.

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:01 pm

shikakage wrote:My ranking would be:

Michiru's song > Sachi > Yumiko > Amane > Makine

I loved Michiru's song it's bubbly and fun. Kind of like her. :)

Spoiler:
I'm glad that her master took him in. Sure it wasn't the best environment for a kid but after everything Yuuji's been through (blonde shotacon KumaShock!?) he could've been a serial killer or picked-up by other bad people who would've done far worse.

Im surprised you dont like makina's song. I find hers and michiru's very close in terms of likability with Yumiko at the top. My order is like this...
Yumiko > Michiru > Makina > Sachi > Amane

Imagine Yuuji got picked up by Russia or something. The whole world would be screwed :lol:

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Vern-kun wrote:Im surprised you dont like makina's song. I find hers and michiru's very close in terms of likability with Yumiko at the top. My order is like this...
Yumiko > Michiru > Makina > Sachi > Amane

Imagine Yuuji got picked up by Russia or something. The whole world would be screwed :lol:

It's not that I didn't like her song. All the songs are great. Maybe it's because I didn't like Makina's route that much that I didn't find it too memorable. I just didn't get connect that much with Makina's song like the others. I still get teary eyed when I listen to Sachi's and Amane's song. ::yess::