Hatsune Miku!

Gamers paradise!
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hatsune Miku!

Postby Andrew » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:27 am

Absolutely absorbed in this so far. So much that I'm afraid of being able to keep up with other things.

My only major complaints so far is that, 1.I dislike how every song backloads all their difficulty. It makes learning harder parts take more time because you have to go through an entire song to try at it again, 2.I also really dislike the combination notes as they are distracting, hard to line up, and impossible (for me) when chained in different orders.

Anyhow, it's still gorgeous, 60fps is a must and very welcome, and I'm overwhelmed by the catalog.

Skeith165 wrote:I just picked up Future Tones last night, and so far it's fantastic! The only issue I have is that they don't have my favorite song from Rin on it (The Lost One's Weeping) that song was the best part of Diva X. I'll survive though, I have about 220 other song to keep me busy. I've never been incredible at these games, but this one seems harder than the past ones to me. I can only get between 60% and 75% of most songs on hard. And yeah, those combo notes threw me for a loop the first time I had to hit all 4 at the same time.

I'm on the same exact page. Unfortunately this was put together before the release of DIVA X and thus doesn't have music from it. Although I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of DIVA X's music, it gave me "Satisfaction" which is amazing. Hopefully we'll get DLC at some point for it because the biggest letdown was that I was hoping this would be the definitive "everything in one place" version of Miku. At least DIVA X is on PS4, so I don't have to change consoles to play pretty much all of it.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm

I downloaded the base game of Future Tones on my PS4 since it was free. Gave it a go and I'm not sure how I feel about how this game plays. It's dynamic and interesting, but also confusing at times and hard to follow. I often lost track of where the next notes were appearing on the screen. Music is good though!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Logan wrote:I downloaded the base game of Future Tones on my PS4 since it was free. Gave it a go and I'm not sure how I feel about how this game plays. It's dynamic and interesting, but also confusing at times and hard to follow. I often lost track of where the next notes were appearing on the screen. Music is good though!

Start on easy. I think the game defaults to normal. It should help to get used to the flow with less notes to worry over.

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Woo~ I love this game!!

I'm currently making my way through all the songs on hard, I've got I think about 30-40 left that I haven't played. I'm planning to try to perfect the easier songs and try to beat some on extreme after that.

I haven't played a PS4 Miku game before though I did complete most of the stuff in a PSP game once upon a time. I think the trigger arrows and the holds are what most trip me up, but I think it gets better with time. When I first bought it I wasn't able to play anything above 6.5 stars but now I can play through the 8 star songs even if I only manage a 60-70% completion.

Does anyone on here play extreme? Just wondering about tips on the best way to hit the notes that are much faster and close together. I find alternating between arrow and button keys works well but sometimes they expect you to hold the button and press the super fast keys so it doesn't work... ::terrible::

Anyways really enjoying this~ hope at some point in the future I can play at least some of the songs on extreme.

Two of my favorite songs are probably Last Night Good Night and Two Faced Lovers. ::blush:: I loove Luka's songs but the majority of them are way too fast for my taste. ::dread::

Also absolutely adore all the outfits in here! They are beautiful and there's such a huge selection. ::peace::

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Back again~~

I managed to get passing on all the songs on hard finally. Now I'm trying to perfect some of the easier songs on hard and trying (struggling) to play any of the songs on extreme...I realized recently that part of the reason they are so hard to get passing on is because extreme requires a higher percentage to pass...ah wells still having fun going thru it all~.

Did anyone end up getting the season pass? Any thoughts on it? I haven't gotten it yet but I may get it soon...it just seems a little high for the amount of content they seem to be giving out. :/ Maybeh that's just me though.

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:43 am

Ayuu wrote:Back again~~

I managed to get passing on all the songs on hard finally. Now I'm trying to perfect some of the easier songs on hard and trying (struggling) to play any of the songs on extreme...I realized recently that part of the reason they are so hard to get passing on is because extreme requires a higher percentage to pass...ah wells still having fun going thru it all~.

Did anyone end up getting the season pass? Any thoughts on it? I haven't gotten it yet but I may get it soon...it just seems a little high for the amount of content they seem to be giving out. :/ Maybeh that's just me though.

I haven't been too impressed with the songs available on the Season Pass. I'll probably get it eventually, but probably wait for something I'm really wanting to play.

That said, the price per song is about standard for most Miku DLC. If I remember correctly, Japan had like 2 bucks per song for previous titles. Could be wrong though.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am

Umm, since there are new games out, which one would you recommend to a new comer like me
Hatsune Mike Project Diva?
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F?
Hatsune Miku Project Diva X?
Hatsune Miku Future Tones?
There are so many I don't know which one to choose
P.S. I have a PS Vita