Hatsune Miku!

Gamers paradise!
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hatsune Miku!

Postby Andrew » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 am

We discussed it on the last discussional, about the obvious tease, but it's now official. So it's a good time to revive this thread!

Hatsune Miku Future Tone for PS4 is coming West. January 10th!
phpBB [video]

Dang, I'm so glad I was wrong. Just hope they don't neuter the 250 some track list to make it happen.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:17 pm

I've always preferred to have my rhythm games on handhelds, but with the amount of content in Future Tones I didn't assume this would be an option. I look forward to Future Tones' release I'll definitely be picking it up at some point (and buying all the songs). I'm super happy they aren't going to charge an arm and a leg for all of them!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:19 am

Skeith165 wrote:I've always preferred to have my rhythm games on handhelds, but with the amount of content in Future Tones I didn't assume this would be an option. I look forward to Future Tones' release I'll definitely be picking it up at some point (and buying all the songs). I'm super happy they aren't going to charge an arm and a leg for all of them!

I began to think I was the only one in the community that liked Miku anymore! I'm on the same boat of liking to just hook up some earphones and hide in a corner to play a rhythm game, but with Future Tones, that beautiful rendered models on 1080/60fps is going to fantastic on the big screen.

But man, after nothing but stage performance videos with the previous title, and the unnecessary story mode, I'm happy for all these choreographed and designed songs coming back.

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Andrew wrote:I began to think I was the only one in the community that liked Miku anymore! I'm on the same boat of liking to just hook up some earphones and hide in a corner to play a rhythm game, but with Future Tones, that beautiful rendered models on 1080/60fps is going to fantastic on the big screen.

But man, after nothing but stage performance videos with the previous title, and the unnecessary story mode, I'm happy for all these choreographed and designed songs coming back.

We may be the only ones left, but I'll stand and fight with you!

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt a little let down by the previous release. I thought Diva X was good, but as you said, the stage performances weren't as interesting as the videos in F 2nd. And yea I didn't much care for the story mode either =/. Idk if it was just me or not, but I hated that when I changed my performer the voice didn't change accordingly. I wanted to play as Luka for a bunch of songs, but she always sounded like Miku, Rin, etc. and it irked me.

SayakaMisaka
I Like Anime

Postby SayakaMisaka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Andrew wrote:I began to think I was the only one in the community that liked Miku anymore! I'm on the same boat of liking to just hook up some earphones and hide in a corner to play a rhythm game, but with Future Tones, that beautiful rendered models on 1080/60fps is going to fantastic on the big screen.

Sorry I wasn't around earlier. I am absolutely obsessed with Hatsune Miku. I own all of the Miku games on Playstation and even the 3ds. I completely agree with the fact that the story mode on Diva X did absolutely nothing for the franchise and that having to luckily unlock the modules or have to purchase them from the store was also a disappointment. I am super excited to get all of the Miku songs and performances all in one place on one system. This is pretty much the greatest thing that could have happened. If you aren't stoked for this as a rhythm game/Miku enthusiast, I'm not sure what you can be stoked for. Also I'm happy that it seems Andrew was wrong in the $2 a song plan and they are releasing it like in Japan in packs and one bundle. I am so super excited for this and will be geeking it up when this comes out and marathon gaming all of the songs. Glad to see others here are also excited about Miku. Much Miku love!!! ::blush::
Sayaka Miki and Mikoto Misaka Waifu Lover <3
FateGo Fanatic FC: 029,074,158 Sayaka

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 am

Haha, I'm soooo glad to be wrong in this case.

First I said it would NEVER be localized because licensing that many tracks would be impossible - WRONG
Second I worried that we wouldn't get but maybe half the tracks if we did get Future Tone - WRONG
Third, I said I'd prepare to pay 2 bucks a track - WRONG

Sega delivered, and everything in spades. Though, I'd still love a Limited Edition physical release. But that's my hatred for digital ownership speaking up. I hate paying full price to essentially rent a game.

Glad to have another Miku fan on board Sayaka! Skeith165, Sayaka, and myself will be having lots to fancraze over in 3 weeks! THREE WEEKS!!!!

SayakaMisaka
I Like Anime

Postby SayakaMisaka » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm

I just stopped playing this game for a mini break and thought I'd hop on here and just say how much I am absolutely loving this game. The combo button presses bring a whole new challenge and excitement to the game. The songs oh all the songs, it's incredible the amount of content there is. It also still gives us currency to unlock outfits and accessories which is fantastic. I will definitely be wasting way to much time playing this game rather than watching anime but oh well it's Miku right!!! How is everyone else enjoying this?
Last edited by SayakaMisaka on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm

SayakaMisaka wrote:I just stopped playing this game for a mini break and thought I'd hop on here and just say how much I am absolutely loving this game. The combo button presses bring a whole new challenge and excitement to the game. The song oh all the songs, it's incredible the amount of content there is. It also still gives us currency to unlock outfits and accessories which is fantastic. I will definitely be wasting way to much time playing this game rather than watching anime but oh well it's Miku right!!! How is everyone else enjoying this?

Yeah the new notes are brutal an tones of fun. My thumbs are already feeling a little sore.

SayakaMisaka
I Like Anime

Postby SayakaMisaka » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Chris wrote: Yeah the new notes are brutal an tones of fun. My thumbs are already feeling a little sore.

Omg I know right. And if you can even pass a song on extreme difficulty it's almost like a miracle occurred. Probably going to regret playing this much today at work tomorrow but oh well.

Skeith165
Crazy About Anime

Postby Skeith165 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:45 am

I just picked up Future Tones last night, and so far it's fantastic! The only issue I have is that they don't have my favorite song from Rin on it (The Lost One's Weeping) that song was the best part of Diva X. I'll survive though, I have about 220 other song to keep me busy. I've never been incredible at these games, but this one seems harder than the past ones to me. I can only get between 60% and 75% of most songs on hard. And yeah, those combo notes threw me for a loop the first time I had to hit all 4 at the same time.