King's Game The Animation

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Logan
Super NEET IV

Postby Logan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Plot:

The story begins when an entire high school class of 32 people receive a message on their cellphones from a person known only as the "King." The messages contain orders that the students must obey, or they risk the punishment of death. With their lives on the line, the students soon find out that the orders are getting more and more extreme as time goes on.

Legal Streaming:

Creator: Nobuaki Kanazawa
Director: Noriyoshi Sasaki
Writer: Kenji Konuta
Music:
Studio: Seven
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Supernatural
Episodes:

phpBB [video]

NativeAbearican
I Like Anime

Re: King's Game The Animation

Postby NativeAbearican » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Am I the only one watching this show here? haha I guess I have an interest for the macabre and twisted 8-)

Anyway, Episode 1

Spoiler:
I'm glad it got real dark real fast without spinning its wheels for an episode or 2. I can't say I was blown away, but it certainly looks promising. I didn't much care for the animation at first, but I think the more violent scenes were pretty well composed. I am really looking forward for the rest of this show. I hope it doesn't squander it's chance to get a bit existential.

TLDR; I say give this show a shot, but be warned, it gets messy.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:01 am

Episode 1

Spoiler:
Life does not like the MC at all since it decided to put him through another King's Game after coming out as the sole survivor of a previous one. He should have gotten a wish but it doesn't look like it. I have to wonder what would happened if someone gets killed from failing one order but didn't do the other order with another person before dying. Would the other person die as well since they can't do the order with the dead person?

It took me a bit to realize why the one guy who bled out broke the order of doing something unnecessary.
Unnecessary action was beating up the MC. Also I did not expect 10 students to die right off the bat even though the King did an awful order of not sleeping at a time when people are normally asleep.

fragoff
I Love Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Got the mangas but didn't finish them yet. So i am sort of wary about watching this and spoiling the fun.
I read the first 2 volumes of the first serie. It's good. So i hope the anime will also be good.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Episode 1

I feel like a lot of these kids are gonna drop like flies. So many characters...
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

NativeAbearican
I Like Anime

Postby NativeAbearican » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Episode 2
Spoiler:
I've never cringed so hard at show -- I love it. I feel like I gravitate toward narratives that question the human condition I.E Nier Automata, Death Parade, Madoka Magicka (to an extent). The best way to ask that question is to never ask it, which this shows has been pulling off.

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Episode 2

Spoiler:
I feel like that backstory was completely unnecessary. We already know the king's game is real and we already know Nobuaki's class died. It was just a big old waste of time. Wasn't expecting Natsuko to go crazy like that. Why did everyone take her side when she claimed Nobuaki attacked her? She had literally just tried to have sex with a guy in front of them.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 am

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 2

Spoiler:
I feel like that backstory was completely unnecessary. We already know the king's game is real and we already know Nobuaki's class died. It was just a big old waste of time. Wasn't expecting Natsuko to go crazy like that. Why did everyone take her side when she claimed Nobuaki attacked her? She had literally just tried to have sex with a guy in front of them.

Spoiler:
I don't think the backstory was meant to tell the King's Game but rather to show Nobuaki's personality was like before he became the loner. As for everyone taking Natsuko's side, they don't trust Nobuaki who is an outsider and also just appeared when the King's Game started up. So they rather trust Natsuko who they know a lot more than the new kid just appeared and brought death to them.

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Mys145 wrote:
Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't think the backstory was meant to tell the King's Game but rather to show Nobuaki's personality was like before he became the loner. As for everyone taking Natsuko's side, they don't trust Nobuaki who is an outsider and also just appeared when the King's Game started up. So they rather trust Natsuko who they know a lot more than the new kid just appeared and brought death to them.

Spoiler:
Maybe but I'd be a little hesitant to take her side immediately based off of how she was acting just prior. And maybe that was the point of the backstory but it still feels unnecessary to me.