Record of Grancrest War

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Logan
Super NEET IV

Record of Grancrest War

Postby Logan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 am

Record of Grancrest War

Plot:

The series takes place on a continent ruled by chaos. The chaos breeds disaster, but the Lords of the continent have the power of "Crest" (Holy Seal) that can calm the chaos and protect the people. However, before anyone realizes it, the rulers cast aside their creed of purifying the chaos, and instead start to fight each other for each others' Crests and to gain dominion over one another. Siluca, an isolated mage who scorns the Lords for abandoning their creed, and a wandering knight named Theo, who is on a journey to train to one day liberate his hometown, which is under tyrannical rule, make an everlasting oath to each other as master and servant and work together to reform this continent dominated by wars and chaos.

Legal Streaming:

Creator: Ryou Mizuno
Director: Shinichi Omata
Writer: Satoshi Yano
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Genre: Action, Fantasy
Episodes:

phpBB [video]

michelous
Anime Junky

Re: Record of Grancrest War

Postby michelous » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 pm

looks like it could be cool i just hope we dont get left hanging by end

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:26 pm

SErmed like a good start and it also sounds like we are getting 24 episodes http://www.iqiyi.com/a_19rrh1q7h9.html

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Episode 1

A mix first episode for me.

I really like some of the creative ideas that the show uses with it's magic and kingdom hierarchy.
The characters seemed interesting enough.

Dislikes:

Pacing of the first episode didn't allow me to get a good enough feel for the world as I would have liked.
Writing and story setup seemed a bit forced, especially in the beginning. (See spoilers)

Spoiler:
I get that it's probably an internal setup that someone wants to keep the two nations apart, but I just didn't buy that the Grand Hall Tragedy (or whatever they called it) would have plunged the two nations back into war so easily. I feel that if both Kings (or whatever they call them) died from the same attack, that the two nations would more likely rally together. I'm sure it"ll be explained a little better later, but I still feel it wasn't explained very well.

I'm interested in seeing how this show will develop as the episodes go by. I could see it going either way in terms of me liking it.

Companion Kyuubey
Crazy About Anime

Postby Companion Kyuubey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

Episode 1

Nothing particularly special. It really felt like a standard JRPG.
Spoiler:
I found it a little odd that Siluca complained about her outfit and then proceeds to not change it. I don't necessarily mind, but I'm not sure what to make of it in terms of her character.

I'll keep watching for now.
My Anime List /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\My Figure Collection

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Episode 2

I kind of like the RTS aspect of acquiring more territories and the political bits that go with it. Definitely gives me Total War vibes. The cast is kind of meh right now but could bring me on board.

Spoiler:
Seriously Siluca, that's the only outfit you can freely maneuver in? Not sure I buy that.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Lol Andrew keeps going on about the outfit as well. It is silly.

;-p

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Ep 2-3

I'm generally enjoying the show. I do think it's progressing a tad too quickly, but other than that, I really like it so far. I'm finding the world to be pretty interesting and the characters are enjoyable enough. I do find it funny, that the amount of death that comes from these battles seem a little silly when you think about what they are actually fighting for though. ::happy::

Neon Genesis
I Love Anime

Postby Neon Genesis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 am

I'm surprisingly enjoying so far even though it has some cliche fantasy elements. I really like the world building and the focus on tactical battles and the animation looks pretty nice. I agree with others that the series is going by way too fast and it's hard to keep up with so many characters. I'm also surprised at how violent the show has already gotten at only a few episodes in.

Stash Brannigan
I Like Anime

Postby Stash Brannigan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Ep 1-6
Spoiler:
episodes 1-4 I liked quite a bit but it seems like they really wanted to build Theo up as quickly as possible to tear him back down so that we can get into his main storyline. At least that’s how it has come off to me. It has me wondering what all is going to happen in episodes 6-24. I feel like it has to be a lot otherwise why did they pace out these first four episodes so quickly instead of letting hem breath. Episode 5 was strange because of the sudden introduction of werewolves vampires and witches. But the dark witch does definitely seemed to be set up for a huge role down the line. This show is doing. A lot of right things for me though between the action, political intrigue, and romance I really hope the pacing is better in the last 3/4 of the show