Kiss Him Not Me!

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Logan
Super NEET IV

Kiss Him Not Me!

Postby Logan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Kiss Him Not Me!

Plot:

Kae Serinuma is what you'd call a "fujoshi." When she sees boys getting along with each other, she loves to indulge in wild fantasies! One day her favorite anime character dies and the shock causes her to lose a ton of weight. Then four hot guys at school ask her out, but that isn't exciting to her at all — she'd rather see them date each other!

(Source: Crunchyroll)

Legal Streaming:

Creator: Junko
Director:
Writer: Michiko Yokote
Music:
Studio: Brains Base
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Episodes:

phpBB [video]

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Re: Kiss Him Not Me!

Postby shikakage » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:38 pm

This is the show that really took me by surprise. I'm not into BL so I didn't think I would like it but I do!

It's so much fun! I like the Kae-chan and I'm for Team Senpai!

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 pm

shikakage wrote:This is the show that really took me by surprise. I'm not into BL so I didn't think I would like it but I do!

It's so much fun! I like the Kae-chan and I'm for Team Senpai!

This seems to be the season of the Bishonen. And.... okay......

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:12 pm

So far I feel like Mutsumi is the one to beat.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

shikakage
I Bleed Anime

Postby shikakage » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Neko wrote:This seems to be the season of the Bishonen. And.... okay......

Lol! Yep. I think it has been like that this year. :lol:

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:So far I feel like Mutsumi is the one to beat.

He's the only one that likes Kae for who she is, imo. The other guys seem superficial. He should end up with her. ::sigh::

Women of the kuudere tribe are a pain..They're not used to showing affection, so once they do go sweet they'll give everyone a three-mile radius cavities...

Vern-kun
I Bleed Anime

Postby Vern-kun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:19 am

This show is so funny! A real treat to get away from all the crazy in my life. I dont know if this was a issue on my end but did episode 2 seem like the voices were very quiet compared to the rest of the sounds? I had a hard time hearing them. Not that i speak Japanese anyway but i like hearing the voices :lol:

Ledah013
I Like Anime

Postby Ledah013 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:02 pm

I usually don't watch anything related to BL, but after hearing the first impressions of the show and the fact that it doesn't rely too much on that element. Instead is about the comedy and the fact that she is an otaku.

So far i'm enjoying the show and hope the community gives it a shot, is a nice surprise.

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 am

Episode 1 (watching dubbed)

A show about an otaku girl who likes to ship dudes together. Only in anime ^^'

I admit, this kind of show typically isn't my thing, but I found this episode quite entertaining. I'm usually not a fan of harems, because they typically get overwhelming with how clingy and desperate the female cast usually is for the main dude (who rarely is very interesting to begin with).

However, reverse-harems have been much more fun to watch (in my experience, at least). The female lead is usually more interesting, and the guys are usually better-written. This show isn't exactly Ouran Highschool Host Club levels for me, but it's definitely giving me similar vibes, with the male casts' unique personalities.

Though, unlike that show, it seems the entire male cast has the hots for this girl. However, I'm not too worried about that. It doesn't seem like this show is going down the route of eventual romance with one of the guys. It looks more like each episode is going to be purely comedy and i'm fine with that, since good comedy seems to be lacking this season.

I think I'll stick with this. This episode didn't have me laughing out loud all of the time, but I did get a kick out of it. I do like most of the male cast and the girl's unabashed Otaku-ness and love for BL is pretty great.

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Well, that first episode was really enjoyable, I never though I was going to watch this type of show but it was a real surprise, I also love the faces Kae makes when she's fantasizing, there's just something about it that catch's my attention.