The Reflection Wave One

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Logan
Super NEET IV

The Reflection Wave One

Postby Logan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 pm

The Reflection Wave One

Plot:

After THE REFLECTION, some of the people in all parts of the world are discovered with super powers.
Some become heroes, and others villains.
How did the Reflection happen? What was the cause of it?
With many unsolved mysteries, the world is lead into turmoil.

Legal Streaming:

Creator: Hiroshi Nagahama, Stan Lee
Director: Hiroshi Nagahama, Kouichirou Soutome
Writer:
Music:
Studio: Studio DEEN
Genre: Action, Super Powers
Episodes: 1

phpBB [video]

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: The Reflection Wave One

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Episode 1
Either Deen really wanted to emulate American style of drawing comic books or this show is made with least effort possible.
On a story front more information and less chaotic scenes layout would help significantly.

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Episode 1

Those fight sequences were awesome, I especially loved the song playing throughout I-Guy v Man Bat. I can't wait to learn more about this world.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 1

Those fight sequences were awesome, I especially loved the song playing throughout I-Guy v Man Bat. I can't wait to learn more about this world.

Fun interesting episode with good action but jerky animation at times. I have many thoughts over this show to say the least.
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 am

Ep 1

I really like the mystery this show created in the first half of the episode. I kind of wished that they would have kept that going into the next episode, but they chose to start explaining various elements instead. I thought the character reveals were really well done. I'm very interested in some of these stories going forward and how they all connect. I thought the writing was extremely well done outside some of the exposition. I don't mind exposition, but superhero exposition is hard not to venture into eye roll territory. Which it did here at times.

I really liked the bold choice of art style. It's unique, and it's nice to get some new visuals every once in a while in anime. While I'm sure it will take a lot of people out of the show, I quickly warmed to it. It reminded me of one of my favorite movies: Waking Life by Richard Linklater. The movie used a rotoscope technique that produced a similar bold line style like this. So, I guess I was more inclined to accept this new style for an anime.