Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Logan
Super NEET IV

Violet Evergarden

Postby Logan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:59 am

Violet Evergarden

Plot:

Auto Memories Doll.

It's been quite a while since that name caused a fuss. Originally invented by Professor Orland solely for his beloved wife, Auto Memories Dolls eventually spread out into the world, and a machine that allows people to rent out the dolls was also created.

"I will run as fast as I can to wherever my customer desires. I am the Auto Memories Doll, Violet Evergarden."

A girl who almost appears to have popped out of a fairy tale with her blonde hair and blue eyes said this with her inorganic beauty and sweet voice.

(Source: Kyoto Animation)

Legal Streaming:

Netflix

Creator:
Director: Taichi Ishidate
Writer: Reiko Yoshida
Music:
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Genre: Drama, Fantasy
Episodes:

phpBB [video]

michelous
Anime Junky

Re: Violet Evergarden

Postby michelous » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:49 pm

i hope we get same day streaming and dont need to wait months and months for legal subws

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:03 pm

michelous wrote:i hope we get same day streaming and dont need to wait months and months for legal subws

There is rumors that it may happen this time. But Andy pointed out that those rumors seem to happen every season. So take that as you see fit

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Chris wrote:
michelous wrote:i hope we get same day streaming and dont need to wait months and months for legal subws

There is rumors that it may happen this time. But Andy pointed out that those rumors seem to happen every season. So take that as you see fit

Europe gets the show on January 11th.

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:
Chris wrote:

Europe gets the show on January 11th.

Yep I heard that too. We can only hope we get a similar setup.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:20 pm

If you pay for the legal service, get it anyway. You are still paying for the rights anyhow. This is not pirating.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Star-K
Anime Junky

Postby Star-K » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm still waiting for Kakegurui, but I hope they can do right by this series.

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:42 pm

WOW! beautifull and good!!!! but really, this is a piece of art, animated!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am

It should be illegal to create shows so beautiful.Some scenes felt like KyoAni was just showing off.

Episode 1
Great start.
Spoiler:
What happens to warriors when their war is over?Can tool of destruction learn to live among regular humans?
Story seems to take inspiration from post World War I period, when hundred of thousands had to return home and fight with shell shock and post dramatic stress disorder caused by war.I find it fascinating.

ATM-senpai
I Love Anime

Postby ATM-senpai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Episode 1

It's hard not to go into hyperbole over how good that first episode was. It wasn't perfect, but it was sure close. It had the same feel as one of my favorite movies, Atonement, as it hit all the same kinds of notes as that movie. Let's just call the 2018 awards over now and give this show all the awards! :D Joking, of course. However, I'm truly excited to see how this turns out. If this show continues with the same momentum, it has the potential to be in my all time favorites for any story-telling genre.

PS - The voice work by Takehito Koyasu (Col Hodgins) and Yui Ishikawa (Violet Evergarden) was next level.