Basilisk : The Ouka Ninja Scrolls

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Basilisk : The Ouka Ninja Scrolls

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:47 am

Surprisingly, this one doesn't have a thread yet so here we are. I've seen the whole show so time to give this a stab.
Spoiler:
right of the bat, this was a terrible show. Compared to the original, this show had terrible paying, bad story telling, and had so many bad turns it made my head explode. The first big problem I got was that they never explained how the two main characters were even born if their parents died in the fist show. The big second is that they kept killing off the characters for the sake of killing them off in the most stupid of ways.
Finally, this is rant I gave on Crunchyroll so I well jusy copy and paste this last one.

Don't get me wrong, I like Yuri. I love Sakura rick and Yuri Kuma Arashi but to suddenly bring a yuri relationship from out of nowhere is not right. From the beginning the show was making us ship Shichigen and Rui and then they suddenly throw Utsutsu's yuri love 15 episodes in and then kill them all 4 and 5 episodes later without ever actually building any of those relationships. I love yuri, but actually build it, don't just suddenly throw it like that.

The one plus I give this show is that it does a better job of explaining the whole point of the first show. Perhaps because I wasn't paying that much attention in the beginning or it might actually be that the show didn't do a great job of it, I only got a general gist of why the events of the fist took place and this show actually puts the reason in clear words and events.

All I all, this was just. Don't watch it, even if you love the first one.