Hanebado!

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
User avatar
Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky
Posts: 879
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Hanebado!

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Hanebado!

Image

Plot:

Ayano Hanesaki, a first-year student at Kanagawa Prefectural Kitakomachi High School, has a badminton ability able to surpass others effortlessly yet avoids playing the sport. She meets Nagisa Aragaki, a third-year student who practices day and night aiming to become the best player in Japan. Encouraged by coach Tachibana Kentarou, supported by club colleagues, and fired up by various rivals, the two engage in their youth and adored sport so thrilling like a shuttle flown at high speed!

Legal Streaming:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/hanebado
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

User avatar
Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky
Posts: 879
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Hanebado!

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Episode 1

I'm really into this show. The animation for the match was awesome, I hope they can keep things close to that level for the rest of the series. I was not expecting to be so into a badminton anime after one episode.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

User avatar
SethAmaha
Anime Junky
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 am

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 1

I'm really into this show. The animation for the match was awesome, I hope they can keep things close to that level for the rest of the series. I was not expecting to be so into a badminton anime after one episode.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the animation. It is quite beautiful but currently my problem right now is the main character. She is definitely one of those characters that I don't particularly find enjoyable; the type that are moody, very self centered, looks down on everyone, extremely competitive, and will get in a really bad mood and pick fights with everyone. I hope her character development comes quickly and she becomes softer because right now her character is too poisonous for me to enjoy.

User avatar
Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky
Posts: 879
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Hanebado!

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:41 pm

SethAmaha wrote:
Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 1

I'm really into this show. The animation for the match was awesome, I hope they can keep things close to that level for the rest of the series. I was not expecting to be so into a badminton anime after one episode.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the animation. It is quite beautiful but currently my problem right now is the main character. She is definitely one of those characters that I don't particularly find enjoyable; the type that are moody, very self centered, looks down on everyone, extremely competitive, and will get in a really bad mood and pick fights with everyone. I hope her character development comes quickly and she becomes softer because right now her character is too poisonous for me to enjoy.



I'd agree with you on that. But I can imagine getting beat as bad as she was at something she clearly takes a lot of pride in is the main reason she's like that. Especially since it's a sports anime so badminton is no doubt the only thing she defines herself by. I'm also think the main character is going to end up being the girl who doesn't want to play badminton anymore.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

User avatar
Tori
Super NEET II
Posts: 5733
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am

I watched two episodes of this. This honestly took me by surprise. As someone who decided to check out the manga before the show started I was expecting this show to be really bad, because the manga is not good. However, they changed quite a lot, toned down the characters a bit, and focused more on setting up the toxic environment that currently is the badminton club. The animation was also really good, but we knew that based on the PVs they showed us. The only thing I'm afraid of is that they've only really showed us something from that first game, and knowing TV anime production I can not see them keeping that up. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:
SethAmaha wrote:
Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 1

I'm really into this show. The animation for the match was awesome, I hope they can keep things close to that level for the rest of the series. I was not expecting to be so into a badminton anime after one episode.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the animation. It is quite beautiful but currently my problem right now is the main character. She is definitely one of those characters that I don't particularly find enjoyable; the type that are moody, very self centered, looks down on everyone, extremely competitive, and will get in a really bad mood and pick fights with everyone. I hope her character development comes quickly and she becomes softer because right now her character is too poisonous for me to enjoy.



I'd agree with you on that. But I can imagine getting beat as bad as she was at something she clearly takes a lot of pride in is the main reason she's like that. Especially since it's a sports anime so badminton is no doubt the only thing she defines herself by. I'm also think the main character is going to end up being the girl who doesn't want to play badminton anymore.


You would be correct that the left handed girl is the main character of this. I'm glad they decided to just make her a shy, quiet girl here as opposed to the manga where she is an actual retard.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD


Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

User avatar
Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky
Posts: 879
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Hanebado!

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 am

Episode 3

Spoiler:
I really hope they don't try to make Ayano's mom some sympathetic character who left as some stupid way to motivate her daughter to get better. I hope they make her a full on villain.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

User avatar
SethAmaha
Anime Junky
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:10 am

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 3

Spoiler:
I really hope they don't try to make Ayano's mom some sympathetic character who left as some stupid way to motivate her daughter to get better. I hope they make her a full on villain.

Spoiler:
I have to agree with you on that. It would make no sense for her to have left just to motivate her. It would also be a very overdone thing for her to leave in order to get her daughter to give up the game and live a normal life. It would make far more sense and suspenseful for her to leave for a much more selfish reason and not care for a weak daughter. Of course the only problem with that is that that would be more at home in a drama and not in a sports centric anime.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Anime Junky
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:52 pm

Episode 4
Spoiler:
Sigh Again with the annoying characters. I was really enjoying the show and then blondie showed up. I get that they need to show how overpowered a character is, but do they have to make them so haughty? At the very least the animation is still as smooth and great as always but the problem of constantly bringing in bad characters is killing my enjoyment of the show.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Anime Junky
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:47 am

Episode 5
Spoiler:
seeing the mom in the flashback made me realize how much I hate it when a parent or guardian leaves the a cast member without ever explaining anything. So much pain could have been saved if you only oh I don't know, send them a text message at least? How do you leave the daughter you cherish so much without ever saying anything? I bet at the end she is going to come back and just say that she left because she cared so much for her? Are you kidding me? Are you really that dumb? I swear if the mom didn't lose her memories and left because she didn't even know her I'm going to be so mad. Character logic is so stupid sometimes.

Don't get wrong, I love the show. I like the rest of the cast, the animation, and the bouts but that doesn't save the mother from my wrath.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Anime Junky
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Hanebado!

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 am

Episode 6
Spoiler:
I hate the mom. I hope she dies after the MC slaps her hard across the face