Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 am

Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary (Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki)

Plot:

Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki is based on the 2004 Taiwanese role-playing game Xuan Yuan Jian Waizhuan: Cang zhi Tao, whose story is set in the Spring and Autumn period of Chinese history (approximately 770–476 BC).

Legal Streaming: http://www.crunchyroll.com/xuan-yuan-sword-luminary

Source:Game
Director:Hiroshi Watanabe
Writer:
Music:
Studio: Studio Deen
Genre: Action, Adventure, Demons, Magic, Martial Arts, Fantasy
Episodes:13

phpBB [video]
Last edited by SethAmaha on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:29 am

Episode 1
It looks good at least BUT I already see that Deen is trying to bite more than it can chew. The world we see open up in episode 1 is way too big, has way too many characters, and already has a much too complicated plot to be well told in just 13 episodes. Deen, I love you, bu t things are not looking good for you. I hope it does turn out well however since I do have a soft spot for Deen.

Venadikt
I Like Anime

Postby Venadikt » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:17 pm

I enjoyed the first episode. It does appear it would take more than one cour to tell the story they seem to be setting up. I hope it doesn't end up feeling rushed.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 am

Episode 2
I'll be honest, they really should have started with this episode instead of the first. This one gives the all important intro to the characters while the one before has the set up for what is to com and mixing them up like that seems a bit sloppy. Again, Deen, I love you and all but please don;t screw this up.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Final thoughts
Spoiler:
While it kept me entertained, It has problems. Starting with the bad CG mechs and characters that aren;t very likebale, the show does little things that tick me off sometimes. As someone that like hisorical dramas like these, I was already a target audience for it and for the most part should have won me over. Unfornetly the show felt very devoid fo any subtsnce. We see very little people, no cities, and we are basically just watching baren landcapes with no map to even show where we are and how this war is progressing. We do not even see the war itself, just thej rebellion and even that seems very devoid as well. It had a lot of potential with the story that it had but, i'm guessing due to budgetting, it took no advantage to explore any of it.