Goblin Slayer

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: Goblin Slayer

Postby fragoff » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Eira wrote:Okay so I wasn’t even interested in this show, just cause it looked boring to me, but it keeps getting all this attention and I almost wanna watch it jsut to be a part of the discussion. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting, I don’t think it’s possible for an anime to set up and execute a rape so bad I’d want to skip it within a single episode, that’s not enough time to make me care.

Yep. Also you don't really see much and it last less than 5 seconds.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:42 pm

fragoff wrote:
Eira wrote:Okay so I wasn’t even interested in this show, just cause it looked boring to me, but it keeps getting all this attention and I almost wanna watch it jsut to be a part of the discussion. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting, I don’t think it’s possible for an anime to set up and execute a rape so bad I’d want to skip it within a single episode, that’s not enough time to make me care.

Yep. Also you don't really see much and it last less than 5 seconds.

I draw the line on a lot of things (titans eating people, Blood-C and yaoi rape among other things) but some people react too much. ::shrug::

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm

I been here for years and amazes me that people are perfectly fine with gruesome massacres of people but yet bring up a single scene of rape or attempted rape, it brings up feelings of disgust for people. From Maria the Virgin Witch and Gate to Goblin Slayer, it still amazes me that people will downgrade a show because of rape and it's usually a single instance and that one instance is enough for people to say "Not watching anymore".

Rape is a bad thing but so is murder and there's a lot more instances of murder but murder isn't as villianify as rape is. It's an extreme overreaction and shows portraying rape as a horrible thing shouldn't get this reaction. They are not hentai where rape is a common occurrence and used as a way to get off.

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 am

I feel people is overreacting a bit, definitely complicated EP 1 but so far I have enjoyed the series (ep3), intrigued on where is it going, clearly haven't read the novels.

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Episode 7

Spoiler:
It kind of looks like Goblin Slayer made a deal with a devil. Looks like we might finally find out what the dice in the OP are all about.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:Episode 7

Spoiler:
It kind of looks like Goblin Slayer made a deal with a devil. Looks like we might finally find out what the dice in the OP are all about.

It's actually the gods playing with dice (and the lives of people) and Goblin Slayer would have none of that. ::anger::

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm

remember next week will be a recap episodes

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:38 am

Episode SP
Spoiler:
Oh come on. We just got a peak at what was going to be a show of pure bad luck on the part of Goblins choosing the worst possible place to raid and this is what we got?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:19 pm

My second favorite show of the season. While the first episode is hard for most people to take, including myself, someone who generally likes watching dark stories, the rest of the show is a ride i did enjoy. The use of CG however, is still a problem.