Assassins Pride

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Eira
I Bleed Anime

Assassins Pride

Postby Eira » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 am

Assassins Pride

Plot:
In a world where only nobles wield the sacred power of mana to wage war against the creatures of darkness, a curious absence of ability places young Merida in a precarious position. Under the guise of tutelage, Kufa, a ruthless assassin, is sent to assess Merida's abilities and determine if she is the true-born heir of the prestigious Angel family. If she does not measure up to her family's expectations, another, more ruthless plan will be set in motion…

Legal Streaming:
Australia and New Zealand: Animelab https://www.animelab.com/
Southeast Asia: Aniplus Asia https://www.aniplus-asia.com/
North America, Central America, South America, Oceania, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East: Crunchyroll https://www.crunchyroll.com/
Worldwide excluding Asia: HIDIVE https://www.hidive.com/

Director: Kazuya Aiura
Source: Light Novel
Studio: EMT Squared
Genres: Action & Drama
Air Date: Oct 10, 2019, 23:30 (JST)

phpBB [video]
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Re: Assassins Pride

Postby Sierraシエラ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 am

Watched up to episode 7
I love the style of the characters and weapons. It reminds me of sword art online (which I loved) in the way they used the colors, shading, and lines. The dialog was done well in both dub and sub as well.

Spoiler:
I really want to like this show. After the first two episodes, I had it begged as my favorite of the season but I am starting to lose a bit of steam with it.
The relationship between Sensei Kufa and Melida Angel progressed really quickly at the beginning… and then stopped developing at all. He is designed to be a mysterious assassin, but will we find out WHY Melida is ‘the one’? We have reasonably solid relationship development between Elise Angel and Melida throughout the first half of the season and Sensei Kufa is kind of a side character. If that is the direction this anime was supposed to go all along then the beginning doesn’t make as much sense.
With only 5 episodes left, I really hope the plot progression is done well enough for me to feel satisfied.

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Assassins Pride Episode 4

Postby Eira » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Only 4 episodes in, which is about half of what's out.

Episode 4:
Spoiler:
This show has some issues, I'm not really sure what to think of it. The animation and designs for the most part are pretty lackluster and underwhelming. The characters for the most part seem to do a whole lot of nonsense rather than what makes sense and the plot moves way too fast for it's own good. Nothing has weight when it's over so fast.

However, despite all that the characters are pretty likable and the show is very easy to watch, which just means it'll be popular since those two things are about all most people care about with a show. I wish it would just slow down and let it's plot points have some more room to breath. Also it's really wasting any tournament arc potential by making them so short and not really showing much. The first tournament they do is half an episode.

Sierraシエラ wrote:I love the style of the characters and weapons. It reminds me of sword art online (which I loved) in the way they used the colors, shading, and lines.

tbh I don't see it. Sword Art Online's character designs are much better than this show and also they look a whole lot better in terms of colors, shading, and lines. The lines in AP are super thin where they're more standard size in SAO. SAO just had much better production and has always had good design sense at the very least, AP isn't bad but for me it seems a far cry from SAO.
Sierraシエラ wrote:The dialog was done well in both dub and sub as well.

Are you watching it in both the Dub and Sub? I've never really known of someone who does both for a show so close together like that.

Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Re: Assassins Pride Episode 4

Postby Sierraシエラ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:44 pm

Eira wrote: Are you watching it in both the Dub and Sub? I've never really known of someone who does both for a show so close together like that.

My husband likes dub better so I watched I think 3 episodes in dub with him after I already started watching it in sub. There have been a few shows that's happened to for me and it's kinda nice to compare the two, sometimes the personalities of the characters have different vibes with different actors.
Maybe it was because I really wanted to like the show in the beginning, I started to compare it to Sao or that the color schemes for the outfits and hair are fairly similar

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Postby Sierraシエラ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Sierraシエラ wrote:
Eira wrote: Are you watching it in both the Dub and Sub? I've never really known of someone who does both for a show so close together like that.

My husband likes dub better so I watched I think 3 episodes in dub with him after I already started watching it in sub. There have been a few shows that's happened to for me and it's kinda nice to compare the two, sometimes the personalities of the characters have different vibes with different actors.
Maybe it was because I really wanted to like the show in the beginning, I started to compare it to Sao or that the color schemes for the outfits and hair are fairly similar

https://images.app.goo.gl/6jZAcHMCNQitdd1z6
https://images.app.goo.gl/zj51uF3ubuTEcKyx6
(I still can't understand how to the image button to work right)

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:09 pm

Sierraシエラ wrote:
Eira wrote:Are you watching it in both the Dub and Sub?
My husband likes dub better so I watched I think 3 episodes in dub with him after I already started watching it in sub. It's kinda nice to compare the two, sometimes the personalities of the characters have different vibes with different actors.

Ah okay, so that's why. Fair enough then.
Sierraシエラ wrote:Maybe it was because I really wanted to like the show in the beginning, I started to compare it to Sao or that the color schemes for the outfits and hair are fairly similar

Fair enough. Color scheme is somewhat consistent but only on a very surface level, there's a lot more depth in color range here in AP even if overall I think the character design is lesser to SAO. I still don't really see it but I think I understand what you're getting at, I just can't personally agree with it.
Sierraシエラ wrote:I still can't understand how to the image button to work right

You have to take the link of the image itself, not the page the image is on. When looking at an imagine you want to right click and select 'Open image in new tab' make sure it's 'open image in new tab' NOT 'open link in new tab' not link, it had to specifically be image. Then you grab that link.

For example, in the SAO image you used. https://images.app.goo.gl/6jZAcHMCNQitdd1z6 when you should of used https://occ-0-1068-1722.1.nflxso.net/dn ... .jpg?r=48d which is what you get when you open the image on it's own and copy that link, this is what the forum editor can regonise and make an image.

Like this.

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Postby Sierraシエラ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:42 pm

[quote="Eira"]Only 4 episodes in, which is about half of what's out.

Episode 4:
Spoiler:
This show has some issues, I'm not really sure what to think of it. The animation and designs for the most part are pretty lackluster and underwhelming. The characters for the most part seem to do a whole lot of nonsense rather than what makes sense and the plot moves way too fast for it's own good. Nothing has weight when it's over so fast.

However, despite all that the characters are pretty likable and the show is very easy to watch, which just means it'll be popular since those two things are about all most people care about with a show. I wish it would just slow down and let it's plot points have some more room to breath. Also it's really wasting any tournament arc potential by making them so short and not really showing much. The first tournament they do is half an episode.

I really like how you said this. You pointed out some of the issues I had with the show in a great way.

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Episode 7:
I picked episode 7 to make another post cause that’s where Sierra last was.
Spoiler:
honestly I’ve come to the conclusion that this show is bad. It’s just really dumb and does a whole lot of nonsense, it’s clearly made either by or for incels, possibly both. The whole thing is just absurd and it doesn’t try to hide what it’s being at all.

It’s popular becuase let’s face it, lonely weeb teens love the idea of a cool assassin going around calling people ‘milady’ and every girl he meets instantly loves him and he has a harem of Lolis. Plus they get magical powers and use it to be badass’ who beat up their bullies and can beat anyone who’s means to them, as most teenager weebs are probably bullied.

It’s just such obvious pandering that it gets annoying, sometimes it’s enjoyable, but most of the time it’s either vapid or it’s just kinda meh. I don’t hate it as much as I hate something like Radiant which just gets so bad I had to drop it recently. And atleast it’s not boring, I think boring is the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be after all, so for that reason even I have kept watching despite my destain for a lot of it.

Also can we talk about how this school constantly puts its student in danger for no reason. When the principal got told there was an assassin on the lose they’re just like ‘nah, I’m sure it’ll be fine’ and then the assassin showed up in the tornament and tried to kill the students. And now they’ve taken the kids to this town and a man got killed right in front of them and then the guys just like ‘this town has a disease that makes people become bloodthirsty and then we kill them’ and then they just decided to still stay in the town! It’s basiallg a pleagued town, what if one of your students gets that disease, you should leave right away!

At least in other magical school stories they actually find ways to write danger into the school while still having the adults trying to protect the kids. Unlike here where they do nothing even when danger is right in front of them, they can never give a good reason for why they’re keeping the kids in danger.

Sierraシエラ wrote:
Spoiler:
The relationship between Sensei Kufa and Melida Angel progressed really quickly at the beginning… and then stopped developing at all.

Spoiler:
I know what you mean, they were really going into the Kufa and Melida relationship but then it just halts and the focus starts going towards other girls, this is the problem with this show also trying to be a harem and throw tons of cute girls at him, the real reason is so that no matter what type of girl you like there’ll be one I his harem so you can always self insert into the protagonist. But it just ruins the pacing, having what’s meant to be the main relationship halt and then each arc after that just focuses on his relationship with a different girl developing even though he promised to be with melida and wait for her to become old enough.

Sierraシエラ wrote:With only 5 episodes left, I really hope the plot progression is done well enough for me to feel satisfied.

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen. I bet they’ll just keep going from arc to arc while adding more girls to the harem and mainly going nowhere.

Sierraシエラ
I Love Anime

Postby Sierraシエラ » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Eira wrote:Episode 7:
I picked episode 7 to make another post cause that’s where Sierra last was.
Spoiler:
honestly I’ve come to the conclusion that this show is bad. It’s just really dumb and does a whole lot of nonsense, it’s clearly made either by or for incels, possibly both. The whole thing is just absurd and it doesn’t try to hide what it’s being at all.

It’s popular becuase let’s face it, lonely weeb teens love the idea of a cool assassin going around calling people ‘milady’ and every girl he meets instantly loves him and he has a harem of Lolis. Plus they get magical powers and use it to be badass’ who beat up their bullies and can beat anyone who’s means to them, as most teenager weebs are probably bullied.

It’s just such obvious pandering that it gets annoying, sometimes it’s enjoyable, but most of the time it’s either vapid or it’s just kinda meh. I don’t hate it as much as I hate something like Radiant which just gets so bad I had to drop it recently. And atleast it’s not boring, I think boring is the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be after all, so for that reason even I have kept watching despite my destain for a lot of it.

Also can we talk about how this school constantly puts its student in danger for no reason. When the principal got told there was an assassin on the lose they’re just like ‘nah, I’m sure it’ll be fine’ and then the assassin showed up in the tornament and tried to kill the students. And now they’ve taken the kids to this town and a man got killed right in front of them and then the guys just like ‘this town has a disease that makes people become bloodthirsty and then we kill them’ and then they just decided to still stay in the town! It’s basiallg a pleagued town, what if one of your students gets that disease, you should leave right away!

At least in other magical school stories they actually find ways to write danger into the school while still having the adults trying to protect the kids. Unlike here where they do nothing even when danger is right in front of them, they can never give a good reason for why they’re keeping the kids in danger.

Sierraシエラ wrote:
Spoiler:
The relationship between Sensei Kufa and Melida Angel progressed really quickly at the beginning… and then stopped developing at all.

Spoiler:
I know what you mean, they were really going into the Kufa and Melida relationship but then it just halts and the focus starts going towards other girls, this is the problem with this show also trying to be a harem and throw tons of cute girls at him, the real reason is so that no matter what type of girl you like there’ll be one I his harem so you can always self insert into the protagonist. But it just ruins the pacing, having what’s meant to be the main relationship halt and then each arc after that just focuses on his relationship with a different girl developing even though he promised to be with melida and wait for her to become old enough.

Sierraシエラ wrote:With only 5 episodes left, I really hope the plot progression is done well enough for me to feel satisfied.

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to happen. I bet they’ll just keep going from arc to arc while adding more girls to the harem and mainly going nowhere.

I watched ep 8 and 9
Spoiler:
I like that we finally have some back story and development, but I agree that it isn't the best show of the season. Adding that he has mind control powers that also hide vampire nature was kinda jarring, I don't understand the world-building in this show. I agree about the teachers too! Why don't they care more about the kids?

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 am

I dropped it, did you end up finishing it Sierra? If so how was it, but also make sure you still use spoiler tags in case other people come in here.