FN and CR distribution partnership?

Current and Classic Animation!
User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Neko » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Okay, they say it's not a merger. Is this in order to go up against Netflix and Amazon?
Image

User avatar
Tori
Super NEET II
Posts: 5733
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Tori » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:27 pm

All I know is that nothing has changed for me as stuff will still be just as unavailable to me now as it was before...
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD


Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

User avatar
michelous
Anime Junky
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Funimation team up with crunchy roll

Postby michelous » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 pm

The company's are teaming up to solve stream issues it seems funimation do the dubs while crunchy roll streams http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... st/.106234

User avatar
Logan
Super NEET IV
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Huge News for Crunchyroll and Funimation!

Postby Logan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Crunchyroll and Funimation are partnering up to make things a little simpler for us as viewers!

Crunchyroll will be handling all subs in the future, while Funimation will focus on dubs!

http://www.animearcade.net/2016/09/huge ... unchyroll/

User avatar
Chris
Site Co-Founder
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Neko wrote:Okay, they say it's not a merger. Is this in order to go up against Netflix and Amazon?



Lol neko can you fix there is three threads of this and I'm on my phone if not I'll deal with it when I get home. I messaged Andy so between the three of us I suppose this will get fixed you can delete my post afterwords.
Image

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Neko » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Chris wrote:
Neko wrote:Okay, they say it's not a merger. Is this in order to go up against Netflix and Amazon?



Lol neko can you fix there is three threads of this and I'm on my phone if not I'll deal with it when I get home. I messaged Andy so between the three of us I suppose this will get fixed you can delete my post afterwords.



Chris, I think I got it covered, but if it's okay I'd like to leave your post up, so people can figure out that tpoics got merged.
Image

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: Huge News for Crunchyroll and Funimation!

Postby Neko » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Logan wrote:Crunchyroll and Funimation are partnering up to make things a little simpler for us as viewers!

Crunchyroll will be handling all subs in the future, while Funimation will focus on dubs!

http://www.animearcade.net/2016/09/huge ... unchyroll/


michelous wrote:The company's are teaming up to solve stream issues it seems funimation do the dubs while crunchy roll streams http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... st/.106234






Logan, and michelous, we had three separate threads pop up almost simultaneously, so they've been combined.
Image

User avatar
almightyhiki
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:10 am
Location: Somewhere in Brazil

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby almightyhiki » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Just like Tori, that changes nothing for me. They sharing licenses? Doesn't amuse me at all. Months ago I made a question on the anime cast question thread where I mentioned companies merging or sharing those stuff so the market doesn't spread too thin thus forming an oligopoly. This kinda looks like an example of "legal" collusion I've learnt in economy classes but it's too early to talk about it and I hope they don't do bad stuff with it. I'm sure they're serious companies that want the best for themselves and their costumers.
Now, when crunchyroll lifts up all those region blocks I'll be amused.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD


https://myanimelist.net/profile/mighty_hiki

User avatar
Star-K
Anime Junky
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: The Holy Loli Empire

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Star-K » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Wait, dose that mean funimation's shows are going to be on Chrunchyroll and vice versa? Well this sound fun and I want to see how it turns out.

P.S. Does anyone got ant shipping names?

User avatar
SemiBolt
Anime Junky
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby SemiBolt » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Star-K wrote:Wait, dose that mean funimation's shows are going to be on Chrunchyroll and vice versa? Well this sound fun and I want to see how it turns out.

P.S. Does anyone got ant shipping names?

Cowboy Bebop is on Crunchyroll right now :D it started sooner than I expected. I expect a ton of more shows to start flooding in soon.
Image