FN and CR distribution partnership?

Current and Classic Animation!
User avatar
Star-K
Anime Junky
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: The Holy Loli Empire

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Star-K » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm

SemiBolt wrote:
Star-K wrote:Wait, dose that mean funimation's shows are going to be on Chrunchyroll and vice versa? Well this sound fun and I want to see how it turns out.

P.S. Does anyone got ant shipping names?
Edit: "ant" change to "any"

Cowboy Bebop is on Crunchyroll right now :D it started sooner than I expected. I expect a ton of more shows to start flooding in soon.

Wow that was fast, I'll have to check that out next week.

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Wolfears » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:03 am

I not sure about partnership, I read merger, or one buying out the other, but whatever it might be. Could be interesting. As long as the amine availability does not suffer. We live in interesting times.

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Wolfears » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 am

Tori wrote:All I know is that nothing has changed for me as stuff will still be just as unavailable to me now as it was before...


Same here. :(

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 am

Star-K wrote:Wait, dose that mean funimation's shows are going to be on Chrunchyroll and vice versa? Well this sound fun and I want to see how it turns out.

P.S. Does anyone got ant shipping names?

Funniroll.

Personally I can't wait to drop my funi subscription for crunchys superior player.

User avatar
Neko
Jii-San
Posts: 4449
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Tejas

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Neko » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:14 am

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:Funniroll.

Personally I can't wait to drop my funi subscription for crunchys superior player.


Crunchimation is really hoping not too many people do that. ::pff::

Image
Image

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:22 am

Neko wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:Funniroll.

Personally I can't wait to drop my funi subscription for crunchys superior player.


Crunchimation is really hoping not too many people do that. ::pff::

Image

It's an odd hill to die on... It's fairly universally agreed that the funi player is terrible, so why pay twice if I can get thru crunchy now.

(And I'm still pretty salty about making me wait for 3.33)

User avatar
Crash Kamio
Anime Junky
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Crash Kamio » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Definetly happy about this, I've been wanting a funimation subscription for a long time (Not in the funds for me to have Netflix, crunchyroll and funimation at the same time at the moment) so this helps me out! Definetly can't wait to see what else pops up on crunchyroll, I see cowboy beebop is up and that's been on my to watch list for too long.

User avatar
Wolfears
I Love Anime
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 am
Location: Norwich, England
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Wolfears » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 pm

fullmetal_snorlax wrote:
Neko wrote:
fullmetal_snorlax wrote:Funniroll.

Personally I can't wait to drop my funi subscription for crunchys superior player.


Crunchimation is really hoping not too many people do that. ::pff::

Image

It's an odd hill to die on... It's fairly universally agreed that the funi player is terrible, so why pay twice if I can get thru crunchy now.

(And I'm still pretty salty about making me wait for 3.33)


Agreed Crunchyrolls player happily works at 720p. Funimations has to think about it, auto set the resolution, no choice about that, and it might be passable. Crunchyfun............

User avatar
Logan
Super NEET IV
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:51 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Logan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:52 am

I just want to point out that they've stated that this is not a merger :lol: Neither bought the other out, they are merely trying to find the best way to work together to make anime more accessible in various ways :)

User avatar
Pompomicas
I Like Anime
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:23 am
Location: Apple Valley, Ca

Re: FN and CR distribution partnership?

Postby Pompomicas » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 am

Don't forget it means we will get dubbed anime sooner (dunno if you guys care about that) which I'm pretty excited about, I like to see the transition and how different the english VAs do after i have watched them in Japanese. I'm curious on a dubbed re zero 0-0 I have been paying for funimation since release and crunchyroll for a long time now but I will always support both of them since they supply us with the best anime experience legitly, I want to support the anime I watch and love.