After Dark Weekly Anime Club! - DEVILMAN

Current and Classic Animation!
Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: After Dark Weekly Anime Club! - DEVILMAN

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 am

thegenkiguy wrote:
Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:After the amount of people dropping this series we will be headed into the OVAs. Of course feel free to continue doing this the right way, and everyone please remember to tag your Spoilers thru the OVAs.

Say whut? Who else dropped this (besides Tori xD)? Regardless, I'll still be watching the original. I hope everyone else continues to as well. Though I don't reply to them, I do get a kick out of your guys' responses to the episodes xP

I haven't dropped it,which surprises absolutely no one,so I'm continuing watching it.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:I haven't dropped it,which surprises absolutely no one,so I'm continuing watching it.

Yay! *hi fives* If you did, i'd have to get out the "Akira Belt." If that didn't do it, the "Miki Slap" or "Nipple Whip" might've had to be called into action.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 am

thegenkiguy wrote:If you did, i'd have to get out the "Akira Belt." If that didn't do it, the "Miki Slap" or "Nipple Whip" might've had to be called into action.

::blush::
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Episodes 13-14
Spoiler:
Episode 14 actually pushed things forward which I was not expecting.It's good to see any resemblance of progress in episodic show.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

Episodes 15-16
This small pants pissing boy is surprisingly smooth.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Ahhh. Feels good to be back.

Episode 9

A demon that can create miniature copies of himself that possess animals. Man, the writers are always so creative with what type of demon they come up with! I love it. And of course, this episode would not be complete without some more whipping action with the belt. Akira whippin birds, whipping dogs. None shall escape his judgement. PETA would have a field day with this episode, btw xD

Lots of good comedy. Teacher and principle being thirsty over Miki kissing Himura was my favorite scene probably. Though Akira jumping out of his window and onto his motorcycle was pretty priceless too. Oh, and when he curb stopped that bird after whipping the shh out of it xD

And man, Himura was about to straight up murder Akira in the woods. Dude's be crazy man o.o

Also, more people die. This time by being eaten alive by animals. Pretty gruesome.

Episode 10

Probably the weakest demon so far in terms of design and power, but the gag with Tare freaking out over the eyes and pissing himself never got old. Same for everyone else who witnessed the eyes and fainted. I especially loved the scene with the teacher who was checking out the girl when his wife was trying to talk to him LOL.

And then I died when the teacher was trying to get Akira’s attention in the classroom as Akira was cussing and shoving him out of the way, looking for the eye xD

While the final battle was a little weak, the earlier bits of action were really fun to watch. Akira was pulling of some Naruto stuff with those butter knives xP

Still thoroughly enjoying this. Catching up slowly but surely, and I don’t plan on dropping it ^^

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Episode 11

That is a laugh Light Yagami would be proud of. This episode was a little light on the laughs for me. I thought the demon was kinda hot, and the animation of her transformation was really cool, but her power was kinda dumb, and her fight with Devilman wasn't great.

Also, Akira's little spat with Miki was so strange. His stress reliever was bowling? lol. Then he appears to hit the club like a single man does, but then has visions of Miki yelling at him through the shadows of girls dancing under spotlights. What an odd direction choice. This episode in particular just seemed cobbled together (well, more than usual that is xD)

Episode 12

Hey. Xannin is back! Also a new demon name Firem. She was pretty kawaii, but the constant winking at the camera was a bit much. Decent episode, but again, short on the laughs. I realize I get most of my enjoyment out of this show by laughing at both the intentional and unintentional humor, but these past 2 eps were played a bit more straight.

Not much to highlight this episode, except that there was more BDSM action and also that last shot of Akira unconscious in the outline of Devilman was pretty cool. I forget just how huge he is in his Devilman form.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

Episode 19
Genuinely good episode...That caught me by suprise,it even managed to make laugh.

Episode 20
Episode about a demon that makes people hard...Sorry couldn't resist.
Spoiler:
And hence yaoi fanfiction was born.
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Kocurek still going strong! ^^ Looking forward to catching up to the episodes you're at.

Episode 13

Woah. At first I was like "how the heck did Miki not go KER SPLAT from that huge fall?" And then, well, she's looking very dead. That was actually kind of a sweet scene, even if it was a little weirdly executed. So is this show taking a new direction then? That final bit had be genuinely excited for what is to come. So yeah, much dead. Very emotion. Many excitements.

As for the episode as a whole, it was ok. Being trapped under the ocean in one location isn't the most fun of setups. The mermaid demon was ok. She can turn people into pearls and...squirt water in their face, lol.

Side note: Xannin has a nimbus cloud? With all that BDSM action, there's no way he's pure of heart xD

Episode 14

So Miki can't die, even when she is killed, eh? Even so, that was a really nice hospital scene (even if it did have some recap filler thrown in). Those were some nice back hand springs, Akira, lol. Him holding that handstand down the elevator was priceless. Bits like these are what keep me coming back ^^

In other news Himura is revealed to BE...Himmler, which IS...still "Himura" when pronounced in Japanese xP Anyway, way to make an entrance, Himura. I love how they were carrying on that conversation while Himura was casually hanging by the tip of the ice shard, LOL

Great fight with Xannin. Gonna miss the guy and his BDSM tendencies... (Convenient closing of the ice over his body? That's one way to get rid of an immortal, I guess.)

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Episode 15

See, Tare gets it! Spoilers can sap some of the enjoyment out of the story. Hi fives! And he really is smooth, LOL

Holy crap! This was the funniest episode so far. Evine was a great demon. Her ability to possess people's arms through reflections was really cool and made for some surprisingly hilarious comedy. This whole episode was awesome.

Episode 16

Those radio announcers. "I knew there were alligators in the Amazon, but demons? What a dull story. In other news..." Tough crowd xD

This was another great episode. Had some serious mystery going on there in the beginning. I mean, I knew it was the work of a demon, but there was some legit suspense!

Also, man, I love Steinbeck. He's so friggin goofy it's hilarious.

I really like the direction this show is taking. They sorta gave up trying to pick off Devilman and are now just focused on doing the job he was originally sent there to do, which was to basically wreak havoc.