After Dark Weekly Anime Club! - DEVILMAN

Current and Classic Animation!
thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Re: After Dark Weekly Anime Club! - DEVILMAN

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 am

Episode 17

That was one strong lighter to disintegrate a baseball like that in mid air. Based Granny. Also, Tare and Miyo are so cute. She was kinda introduced out of nowhere, but I love their relationship.

Miki was so hot with her baseball getup O.O

The scene where the boy was studying and sat on a spiked pad to keep him awake. Wow, that's dedication? I think xD

Anyway, decent episode. The demon was cool, but didn't have much in terms of personality. Tare was probably the highlight this episode ^^

Episode 18

Akira singing was really funny. Man, I love these characters. Tare keeps bumping himself up every episode, I swear.

I really, really liked that action sequence between those two random boys. A baseball bat VS...an ice skate. LOL. It was pretty epic though. I thought it was going to end with someone getting brutally murdered. (I wouldn't put it past this show xP)

My only complaint about this episode was that dreamy sequence in the beginning. It was really weird and repetitive and went on for way too long.

Gonna kinda miss Meg. It seems like some of these demons have interesting backstories, but the show doesn't really commit to any of them because most of the demons perish by the end of the episode. Still, glad we get some bits to flesh them out a little before Devilman inevitably kills them ^^'

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:33 am

Episode 19

What!? An episode dedicated to Tare!? It's like they were reading my mind, LOL (well, obviously not, but this is still awesome xP) Not only that, but the Miki slap returns in all of its glory. She'll slap you so hard, it'll make ya do a 180.

Wow, great episode. A world full of mannequins; that would've been an interesting mini arc if this show wasn't so episodic. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Very unsettling. Also makes me really wish Tare had his own spinoff series xP

I love at the end how Tare ran straight to Miyo! Priceless.

Episode 20

Officially caught up in the watch-along! (We'll see how long that lasts... ^^')

That boxing match was great! I absolutely loved how Steinbeck and the Principle were supposed to break up the fight, but then they got just as invested in it as everyone else! LOL What horrible school staff!

I almost thought Tomoda wasn't a demon, especially when Akira began doubting himself, but alas, he was. Sucks for him! xP

Wow, Debirumon making me feel...feelings. Dag, I was starting to like the dynamic Drango and Devilman shared. Too bad it was short-lived.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am

Episode 21
That was one freaky episode.
In other news:volcanic eruption of unknown origin caused tsunami that killed milions.

Episode 22
Obligatory tentacle monster.

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Episode 21

Any scene with Steinbeck and the principal in it is always hilarious. Principal laid the beatdown this episode! Some shounen action moves right there xD

I really like the setup of this episode with the painters. That one guy was pretty scummy, but it was also really funny how he scammed the principal like that. (Instead of the original 10% discount we'll hook you up with a 5% discount! xD) He got what was coming to him, I guess (in a surprisingly horrifying manner o.o)

Draw had a super derpy design, and his power was sorta dumb. He also was a perv? It's funny how he only latched onto the girls in the classroom (which surprisingly led to some mild fan service).

Episode 22

"A miracle disregarding the laws of physics. Success!" xD Have I mentioned that I love Steinbeck?

"How shameless! How Go Nagai!" Reference to the author this ep too. Pretty neat ^^

Man, that scene with the police doing their makeup was too good! And then the military riding in, making kaiju-movie references, lol.

I liked how the episode played with your expectations with all of the illusions, but the tentacle demon didn't really make for an exciting final fight. (He did have some distractingly large breasts with ginormica nipples though ^^')

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

Episode 23
It's part of our culture that I have to show you my sick dance moves before I kill you.It's common courtesy and we're not barbarians.

Episode 24
And people were calling me crazy when I was warning them that cats want to take control of the world...See,it's true!
Devilman made one mistake during this episode:
Spoiler:
you don't chase cats,you put empty box on the floor and cat will come on its own.

Spoiler:
It's impressive that this anime has more romantic relationships than most modern romance shows combined.

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Episode 23

That fighting between Tare and Miyo was adorable. They really are like an elderly couple!

That ritual dance was super cheesy..and yet, he still pulls off better moves than me ^^'

Well, this episode was super unsettling. Granted, I knew Devilman would come through in the end, but it looked a little dire up until that point.

Loved the bit at the end when Devilman opens up the umbrella and smiles at the camera xD

I forget why Miki's father wanted to go to Tibet. (What is his occupation again?) Still, it was nice to see a change of scenery. I love how nonchalant the mother was about Tare sneaking onto the plane. I would've been freaking out!

Episode 24

Heh, a literal Soul Eater. Zing.

Devilman on Ice. Zing Zing.

Uhh...That's all I got.

Dat cat almost killed my favorite character, Steinbeck! (Well, 2nd to Tare)

Really great tension there at the end. I feel really bad for Hairo. His mom is a b....beautifully respectable woman.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 am

Episode 25
Spoiler:
Considering that it's early 70s we are talking about I have to say that Muxan was executed rather well,it really felt like his overconfidence killed him.

Episode 26
Instead of beach episode we had mountains episode...Plot twist!

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Episode 25

Decent episode. I liked the whole pocket dimension thing. Not a whole lotta laughs though. Hairo is the real MVP, laying down his life for his girl.

Episode 26

Much better episode. I kinda liked Lala. She was a dunce, but she had a lot more personality than some of the other demons introduced in this show so far. (But man when she sneezed...boy was she was ugly). I kinda feel bad that she got shipped off to a mental hospital at the end. But Devilman was right when he said that she'll live much longer than the other demons...cuz she'll be safe from him, LOL.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

Episode 27
The most bizarre and most gory fights of this show in one episode.

Episode 28
This episode wasn't such a BIG problem.
Insert random completly mature joke about 40 cm.

thegenkiguy
Crazy About Anime

Postby thegenkiguy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:30 am

Episode 27

Lala is back! Yay! I mean, it took her having to almost die, but yay! Speaking of which, what a crappy mental hospital! She kept breaking out so their solution was to drown her! xD

At first I thought Devilman learned Devil Clone Jutsu, but it was Lala!

I wouldn't say your future is looking grim, Devilman xP But then again, now he's got a demon girl and a human girl. And they're both a little on the crazy side at times. Guess he'll have his hands full ^^'

Episode 28

Nice one, Kocurek! xD

Really cool episode. It was fun seeing people get shrunk down. Poor Miyo almost got eaten by a dog, but my boy Tare came through! He even got his arm tore up and was willing to shrink down to Miyo's size so that they could stand on equal footing. That was incredibly sweet. I think we could all take some lessons from Tare xP

We got more of Lala. She's so dumb, but she makes each episode she's in a little more entertaining. Wonder how long it'll take before Devilman decides to kill her, lol