Ghost in the shell Official Movie -Scarlett Johansson

Current and Classic Animation!
Pompomicas
I Like Anime

Ghost in the shell Official Movie -Scarlett Johansson

Postby Pompomicas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:09 pm

I was actually surprised no one made a post about this yet but honestly I think this is a massive milestone to the anime community worldwide. This is the very first major budget real life anime film to be produced and it was done by none other then Dreamworks. Which was kind of surprising as well, not to mention they hired on Scarlett Johansson one of the most well known female actors in the U.S playing as the Major. I am personally pretty excited to see this movie, I wanna hear your guyses thoughts and opinions on the new trailer that was just released and if you think this will be a good adaptation to the anime or not. Here is the trailer for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.

phpBB [video]

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: Ghost in the shell Official Movie -Scarlett Johansson

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:11 pm

1995 Mamoru Oshii "Ghost in the Shell" is my favorite movie of all time.I watched it multiple times,analyzed it throughout,seen other people analyze it.It's something I truly love.

So to cut long,podcasts worthy,story short:
This will probably by good,well produced Hollywood action movie,but it probably won't be good GitS movie.

Pompomicas
I Like Anime

Postby Pompomicas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:1995 Mamoru Oshii "Ghost in the Shell" is my favorite movie of all time.I watched it multiple times,analyzed it throughout,seen other people analyze it.It's something I truly love.

So to cut long,podcasts worthy,story short:
This will probably by good,well produced Hollywood action movie,but it probably won't be good GitS movie.

Unfortunately I am not a huge ghost in the shell fan so I may personally not be too impacted by whether or not it will feel like it has the atmosphere of the movie or animes. I am more also hoping that this will be a gateway for more huge production companies to pick up other animes we could possibly see be done this way too. Since anime has lately been becoming more recognized more then ever even if this movie doesn't do to well I still think it might bring in more audiences and fans.

Wolfears
I Love Anime

Postby Wolfears » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Ghost in the Shell, is also one of my favourite movies, animated, real life or what ever. It is difficult to make any conclusions about before it is realised. However, I think we may get a movie called Ghost in the Shell, but won't contain any of the Japanese mores and Mamoru Oshii vision. So just a action movie. I would so like to be wrong. However if people go to see it, the may search out the original anime, and may get interest in watching more. Here's hoping